Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton women news - (2024-25 fixtures p78)

Comments

• Looks like we've signed Linvoy Primus' daughter Atlanta, midfielder for Southampton and Jamaica 
  • edited September 17
    Is she the first to play for Charlton, with links to the other team (in this case Mens) in a playing capacity
  • 22 Sep: Durham, HOME, 12 noon. At The Valley. £10 adult, £7 over-65, £6 under-25, £5 under-18
    29 Sep: Blackburn Rovers, away. 12 noon. At Ewood Park. £10 adult, £8 over-65, £6 under-18, £4 under-12. Tickets from here.
    2 Oct (Weds): Tottenham Hotspur (League Cup), HOME, 7.15pm. At The Valley. Prices to be confirmed.
    6 Oct: Sunderland, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £10 adult, £7 over-65, £6 under-25, £5 under-18. Also live on YouTube.
    13 Oct: London City Lionesses, away. 2pm. At Hayes Lane (Bromley FC). £13 adult, £9 over-65, £9 under-23, £7 under-18. Tickets from here (sold by Bromley). 
    20 Oct: Newcastle United, away, 12 noon. At Kingston Park (Newcastle Falcons RFC). £8.75 adult, £3.75 concessions. Tickets from here (not on sale yet).

Newcastle ticket prices are the prices for the main West stand - it's slightly cheaper for the terraces at either end. From Google it looks like the north end is uncovered, the west stand and south terrace both have a roof.
    Spurs tickets are now on sale. £5 adults, £3 over 65 or under 25, £1 under 18. 
  • Is she the first to play for Charlton, with links to the other team (in this case Mens) in a playing capacity
    I can't off-hand think of another case where both were players. Natasha Dowie played for us very successfully. Can't for the life of me remember anything about her uncle, though.
  • Is she the first to play for Charlton, with links to the other team (in this case Mens) in a playing capacity
    I can't off-hand think of another case where both were players. Natasha Dowie played for us very successfully. Can't for the life of me remember anything about her uncle, though.
    The Aluko's are probably the next best example, had Sone ever signed for us
  • can't get to the game today. Health stopping me getting to 2 games in 2 days. Is it on Charlton TV or anywhere?
  • YouTube have the streaming rights to the Women's Championship this season
  • Keep an eye on Lauren Briggs today. She's a right footed LB who has an incredible eye for an infield pass behind the defence. She's an odd customer for us because she doesn't go up against Beth Roe and her winger in traditional one on ones but sits deeper in the gap and picks passes. I hope we've got a plan to limit her time on the ball. I've always hoped we'd go in for her, I think there's a decent midfielder in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    YouTube have the streaming rights to the Women's Championship this season
    No live coverage of today's match, just Southampton v Blackburn on at 2pm instead. Presumably those who run women's football would rather people were watching Arsenal v Man City match on Sky.

I was walking past a bus stop in Lewisham the other day and there was a digital ad for two of the televised WSL games this weekend - but nothing to promote the real, live Championship match just up the road at The Valley, despite both divisions being now run by the same company.
  • edited September 22
    Against run of play Durham 1 up from a tight angle

Ps I'm in row AA seat 135 if anyone wants to say hello or avoid me
  • sam3110 said:
    No live coverage of today's match, just Southampton v Blackburn on at 2pm instead. Presumably those who run women's football would rather people were watching Arsenal v Man City match on Sky.

I was walking past a bus stop in Lewisham the other day and there was a digital ad for two of the televised WSL games this weekend - but nothing to promote the real, live Championship match just up the road at The Valley, despite both divisions being now run by the same company.
    Why would Sky, a TV company, pay for a digital ad, and then tell you about a women's championship game down the road instead of the games they're showing on their product? 

Why would the people running women's football pay for adverts to advertise individual clubs? 

Why would CAFC pay for an ad in a bus stop in Lewisham, where most of the people see it are not the overall target market?
  • edited September 22
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Why would Sky, a TV company, pay for a digital ad, and then tell you about a women's championship game down the road instead of the games they're showing on their product? 

Why would the people running women's football pay for adverts to advertise individual clubs? 

Why would CAFC pay for an ad in a bus stop in Lewisham, where most of the people see it are not the overall target market?
    1. The advert wasn't a Sky ad - it also promoted the BBC game.

2. They might want to grow the game in neighbourhoods close to where their member clubs based?

3. Are people in southeast London not a target market for the only professional women's football club in southeast London? 
    (edit: forgot about London City Lionesses being at Bromley now, but we should be getting our name out there now to compete with their millions)

• YouTube will be streaming 1 Championship game per weekend, like the FA player did last year. The Sunderland game in 2 weeks is due to be our first. 
  • 1-0 Durham Half Time
  • Keep an eye on Lauren Briggs today. She's a right footed LB who has an incredible eye for an infield pass behind the defence. She's an odd customer for us because she doesn't go up against Beth Roe and her winger in traditional one on ones but sits deeper in the gap and picks passes. I hope we've got a plan to limit her time on the ball. I've always hoped we'd go in for her, I think there's a decent midfielder in there.
    And of course she did exactly that and got an assist. I'm available Karen!
  • edited September 22
    1-1 Durham keeper wipes out our player and after lengthy spell of treatment awards penalty

Scorer Bradley 
  • 1-1. Penalty after the Durham keeper went to punch the ball and hit Hutton harder than anything AJ threw last night. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Mad scramble in Charlton six yard box. Ball cleared full time 2-1

• Great. Thanks for the updates 
  • Win the next 17 games and we're promoted.

Good to have responded so well after the early set back.
  • Three points clear at top of second place Durham
  • Good win, last season that's the sort of match we would of drawn. Thought Fellis had a great game today.

Durhams manager did get on my nerves every few mins moaning about som
  • ross1 said:
    Three points clear at top of second place Durham
    Now two points clear from Brum and London City who are winning at the moment