Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is the most you've ever eaten in one sitting?

Comments

• Options
    I ate Mr Creosote ....................
  • Options

Addickted said:

Genuinely reckon I could do that if I was peckish
    My biggest concern would be about it staying hot.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Genuinely reckon I could do that if I was peckish
    My biggest concern would be about it staying hot.
    Get rid of the beans, tomatoes and mushrooms and I’d have a punt
  • Options

14 babies.

Of the jellied variety?
  • Options

On a very first visit to NY with the missus some years back, we headed straight out to a restaurant called beefsteak charlies. We ordered and for starters we went for wings, ribs etc which was for two to share. Stuff that sharing lark I said to the wife, I'm starving and am not sharing with you and ordered one each for us followed by steak for mains. The waitress did give me a funny look when I insisted on us having sharing starter each.

By god, I nearly died when the starters came, I have never seen so much food in front of one person. I was so ashamed at being thought of as a greedy bastard, I hid wings and ribs in plant pots, pockets, the wife's handbag and even flushed some down the bog! I never underestimated american portions again!

Remember first visit to Vegas and in a diner for breakfast and I ordered two hash Browns thinking they would be like McDonald’s ones. The waitress queried it and I said definitely wanted two. Out come breakfast with two huge side plates of basically shredded potatoes which looked nothing like a McDonald’s hash brown.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud of the following, but it really shouldn't be a point of pride:

- The MeatMission/MeatLiquor Triple Chilli Challenge. It took me six minutes, and it didn't even get me on the Wall of Fame - the quickest time I think is around the two minute mark?! Which is staggering.

- FAILED: The Kraken, found at the Hobgoblin,
    in Bristol
    . It's not the food itself so much as the volume. The stack of dirty fries is frankly ludicrous. That's like 5lbs of food altogether. I'm pleased I got through about two thirds of it.

- Got through two large Dominos pizzas and one slice at uni in 15 minutes, which was one slice less than the guy who beat me to the free supply for a term. Oh well - in hindsight I'm glad I dodged that cholesterol bullet...

- So Wetherspoons do 3 for £10 on sharers and I'm pretty ashamed to say I've done this without sharing on more than one occasion (and not with the easy, low-volume items like halloumi - we're talking wings/chips/strips etc)

DISCLAIMER - I've given up doing this sort of shit now because I was even unhealthier than I am now. The Chilli Challenge was actually pretty dangerous in hindsight. Don't try it unless you're really really stupid. Hell, don't even try it then.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

I ate Mr Creosote ....................

followed by a wafer thin mint ?
  • Options

On a very first visit to NY with the missus some years back, we headed straight out to a restaurant called beefsteak charlies. We ordered and for starters we went for wings, ribs etc which was for two to share. Stuff that sharing lark I said to the wife, I'm starving and am not sharing with you and ordered one each for us followed by steak for mains. The waitress did give me a funny look when I insisted on us having sharing starter each.

By god, I nearly died when the starters came, I have never seen so much food in front of one person. I was so ashamed at being thought of as a greedy bastard, I hid wings and ribs in plant pots, pockets, the wife's handbag and even flushed some down the bog! I never underestimated american portions again!

Did a similar thing in Providence, Rhode Island a few years back.

Went for a pizza and ordered the Fully Loaded Nacho's to start with (didn't read the part where it said to share). When they came up I nearly fell off the chair, there was enough there to feed a small country.

Not wanting to lose face I managed to get through about 75% of them before giving up.

Totally forgot I'd ordered a large pizza as well (Large is the USA is XXXXL).

Forced one slice down by throat then embarrassingly had to ask to take the rest away in a box.

Had good intentions of eating it the next day, but the thought of food made me ill. Will always read the menu properly going forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't remember what or how much, but it was an extraordinary amount. I was on my own in a village in Malaysia. I found somewhere to eat that looked quite nice by a river. Each dish on the menu was priced at about the equivalent of about 20p to 30p. I assumed, therefore, that it was a "Malaysian tapas" sort of place where you ordered 3 or 4 dishes and some rice. As I was hungry, I ordered 6 dishes. The waitress looked a bit confused but took my order. Little did I know that I was getting six reasonably large dishes. I think the waitress wondered when my other 5 guests were arriving. I did a pretty job at getting through it, but have to admit I failed.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Wonder how the yanks feel when they order a meal in London, they must think the main meal is a starter.

The starters in TGI in America are actually larger than the mains you receive in this country. For example the lamb cutlet starter in the US comprises of 8 lamb chops!
  • Options
    I know, six of us arrived in Chicago but the rooms weren't ready so we went out for some food.

Went to the Rock Bottom pub and ordered 3 starters, plate of wings, some ribs and nachos.

Glad we didn't order a main meal each as these starters were adequate for us.
  • Options
    In my younger days, I once had a 10 piece KFC bargain bucket to myself.

It's only when I look back now, that I realise how bad that is!
  • Options
    When we younger we had a comp with my mates with the Pizza Hut buffet...my record was 25 slices but a mate of mine smashed it with 34! The winner had there bill paid for and a 5er each from everyone taking part!

Good days and now i wonder why i need to lose weight....
  • Options

24 Cheesburgers from McDonalds after a bet with a colleague.

I only stopped because what I thought was a burp transpired to be projectile vomit.

Did you have a stroke afterwards?
  • Options
    One of my friends, in the early nineties, started an amphetamines binge on Friday night, he finally got to sleep early hours of Sunday morning without having eaten all weekend. When he woke up Monday it was lunchtime so went to the all you can eat buffet at Pizza hut (or comparable 'restaurant' at the time). He said he ate the equivalent of £40 worth of pizza (I’m guessing £80 by today’s prices). He said he could have eaten more but his girlfriend was getting bored of sitting there while he kept piling pizza into his face so he had to leave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I only stopped because what I thought was a burp transpired to be projectile vomit.

I wouldn’t have felt it if I did!
  • Options
    I know of a guy who ate 50 hard boiled eggs in one sitting. Cool.
  • Options
    Three women in an orgy once and never put on a pound.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

After eating all that, I should imagine w@nking was the last thing on his mind.
  • Options
    I’ve immediately warmed to Mash
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Wonder how the yanks feel when they order a meal in London, they must think the main meal is a starter.

Went to Gaucho for a work thing with a colleague from the US last year and the largest steak is (I think) 500g but they'll let you order any portion you like in increments of 100g. He ordered an 800g steak, multiple sides and had a ton of starters too.

I had to pick up the bill and was genuinely worried that our finance wouldn't approve the expenses claim.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

iaitch said:

Went to Gaucho for a work thing with a colleague from the US last year and the largest steak is (I think) 500g but they'll let you order any portion you like in increments of 100g. He ordered an 800g steak, multiple sides and had a ton of starters too.

I had to pick up the bill and was genuinely worried that our finance wouldn't approve the expenses claim.
    Taking the p*ss that mate if being entertained
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

24 slices of pizza when I was a fat bastard at college during lunch. Went for a kick about shortly after. Went home had big dinner

Are you Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink or possibly Andy Reid? Was the kick about away to Forest in the cup when you didn't kick the ball once, shorts too tight to run....

I have just got in from the harvester in dartford, attempted a kilo of ribs but too much for me, despite me being a fat bastard ☺️

Pussy, a kilo of ribs is 800g bone, that's a starter for the regulars at the Dartford harvester, North West Kent Sumo club.

Do you gravity challenged prefer to be called loose muscled, big boned or slow metabolizers these days, you'll get pulled up saying fatties, salad dodgers, pie heads or Americans.