Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options

Anyone able to tell me why haggett keeps playing ?? really can't understand it

Maybe because he is a very good one day bowler! We wouldn't have got near the RLC cup final without him! Bowled well again tonight. In fact I thought I thought Billings made a mistake not bowling him out tonight but we got away with it.

Great win and happy night.
  • Options
    Great game, great win.

Relatively small crowd?
    Seemed really flat at Beckenham though?

Maybe more advertising for a bigger crowd..

Great advert for Kent but imo needs a bit more razzmatazz - fire, free balls into the crowd ...

Scoreboard was wrong and the "compere" was dull as dishwater.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I love cricket, but thought the atmosphere was a bit meeh..

Anyways top of the league and roll on to Canterbury Friday under lights against Slurry.

Boys are doing good !!
  • Options
    Twice I've seen Dawson play against us, and in white ball cricket he's a really good player. Economical with the ball and a decent batsman, I'm surprised he's not been in recent England white ball squads

• Options
    Anyone know why Milne didn't play?
  • Options
    redman said:

Anyone know why Milne didn't play?

Ankle injury I think
  • Options
    I can understand the ECB wanting blocks of cricket, which is certainly better for getting overseas players over for the Blast, but it seems crazy that after one T20 match yesterday we now have no cricket for a whole week!
  • Options
    Yes in the middle of summer, daft.
  • Options
    Gidman to retire at the end of the season. Not that anyone will notice!

• Options
    I must admit that I thought that Gidman was going to be a brilliant signing for us but it never really worked out. Saw him making notes at our match the other day and it sort of falls into place with him trying to get his Level 4. Wish him all the best.
  • Options
    With Gidman going, Treders likely to retire, Stevens too possibly and Hunn probably released, we should have room for two or three new joiners especially as most of these would have been at the upper end of the scale so far as salaries are concerned.

That would also leave us with a potential squad of just 16 including Ollie Robinson who has yet to make his first class or white ball debut. I also see that Adam Rouse is playing for Surrey against West Indies A but believe that's because all five of their keepers are otherwise engaged or injured and Rouse has had very little cricket recently although he did turn out for the Vine on Saturday.

Who we are able to sign will also be influenced by which Division of the CC we are in next season but Henry returning would be a very good starting point wherever we are albeit that the World Cup will restrict his appearances and most other top players next summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

With Gidman going, Treders likely to retire, Stevens too possibly and Hunn probably released, we should have room for two or three new joiners especially as most of these would have been at the upper end of the scale so far as salaries are concerned.

That would also leave us with a potential squad of just 16 including Ollie Robinson who has yet to make his first class or white ball debut. I also see that Adam Rouse is playing for Surrey against West Indies A but believe that's because all five of their keepers are otherwise engaged or injured and Rouse has had very little cricket recently although he did turn out for the Vine on Saturday.

Who we are able to sign will also be influenced by which Division of the CC we are in next season but Henry returning would be a very good starting point wherever we are albeit that the World Cup will restrict his appearances and most other top players next summer.

Poor Surrey, reduced to borrowing players from us :smile:

Wasn't there talk of Jimmy Anderson playing for Surrey in that match, due to the lack of 1st class cricket elsewhere!
  • Options

Poor Surrey, reduced to borrowing players from us :smile:

Wasn't there talk of Jimmy Anderson playing for Surrey in that match, due to the lack of 1st class cricket elsewhere!
    Everyone wants to play for Surrey:)
  • Options

Wow ! What a great match !

Must admit I was pretty stressed when Mitch started the last over but bless him, he did what had to be done.

Really good to see Bilbo back in batting form - long may it last.

Recognised a guy sitting near us with his family ( all Hants supporters) but couldn't place him for the life of me.

But Mr F came up trumps, saying he was a comedian, then we heard someone call him Chris....

It was Chris Addison from Mock the Week. @WSS from Charlton Life.

But best of all , met up with several Addicks. I love Kent limited over games !

Who needs football ?

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Must admit I was pretty stressed when Mitch started the last over but bless him, he did what had to be done.

Recognised a guy sitting near us with his family ( all Hants supporters) but couldn't place him for the life of me.

But Mr F came up trumps, saying he was a comedian, then we heard someone call him Chris....

Who needs football ?

Please explain,Len as I'm clearly missing something .
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Who needs football ?

Sorry I thought that you knew @WSS in real as well as Charlton Life.

The suggestion has been made that there is a resemblance....
  • Options
    Billings called up as batting cover. At least he isn't missing any matches for us, and is in form as well

• Options
    Meanwhile in the 2s game against Middlesex, Stevens was out for a single coming in at 4. At 6 was a certain H W Podmore who scored a "nelson" off exactly the same number of balls!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Who needs football ?

Sorry I thought that you knew @WSS in real as well as Charlton Life.

The suggestion has been made that there is a resemblance....
    Aaah, thanks.

Began to wonder if @WSS really IS Chris Addison !
  • Options

Meanwhile in the 2s game against Middlesex, Stevens was out for a single coming in at 4. At 6 was a certain H W Podmore who scored a "nelson" off exactly the same number of balls!

I think we've got ourselves a gem in Podmore. Middlesex must be kicking themselves they allowed him to leave (or never gave him a chance)
  • Options
    Who is going Friday?

Really looking forward to it!

Been invited into the Presidents Marquee for the game - hope Trump isn't there...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't decided whether to go down tomorrow or not. Bit concerned about the weather, though it seems that the thunder storms will be more over London than Canterbury
  • Options

Haven't decided whether to go down tomorrow or not. Bit concerned about the weather, though it seems that the thunder storms will be more over London than Canterbury

Is it on sky tomorrow?
  • Options

Forecast says low chance of rain in evening but greater chance overnight.
  • Options

Is it on sky tomorrow?
    Don't think so
  • Options
    redman said:

Forecast says low chance of rain in evening but greater chance overnight if Surrey are ahead by 1 run on DLM knowing their luck.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Who is going Friday?

Been invited into the Presidents Marquee for the game - hope Trump isn't there...

I'm going, along with some Surrey types.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

BR3red said:

Who is going Friday?

I'm going, along with some Surrey types.
    It's always nice to keep good company
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Is it on sky tomorrow?
    Lancs v Yorks
  • Options
    Meanwhile in proper cricket Sussex closed the gap by sneaking past Gloucestershire today.