Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    84 from 42. Billings still there and scoring.
  • Options
    Typical.

For most of the one-day tournament Kent have hit big scores, including chasing down some monster targets, and Bilbo has contributed the square root of FA with the bat.

Now, in the most important game we've reverted to Championship first innings form but the skipper has finally hit a fifty in a losing cause.

Jeez, it's so bloody frustrating being a Kent fan.
  • Options
    In a box with a load of smashed Hampshire!

Whole of their innings, in terms of how I acted, was pro Kent rather than anti Hampshire.

This innings they're absolute arseholes with rude bullshit.

Wish I wasn't with my family. But then, glad I am because it has prevented an altercation, and I'm reaaaaaally skinny... :-)
  • Options
    Point of order for the above statement, I am also smashed....
  • Options
    Same old Kent.
  • Options
    Another run out. Billings is still there but only Qayyum left up the other end.
  • Options
    Where's Grant Stewart when you need him for a big last wicket partnership?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    73 from 36
  • Options
    69 from 30
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Steyn steaming in to Qayyum... lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BR3red said:

In the posh seats tomorrow.

Beer included! :-)

Can't wait!!!

Whole of their innings, in terms of how I acted, was pro Kent rather than anti Hampshire.

Wish I wasn't with my family. But then, glad I am because it has prevented an altercation, and I'm reaaaaaally skinny... :-)

Btw. Wish my son wasn't here or I would have put a bat up the the backside of the Hampshire twat!

Ps. I'm not skinny..
    Ignore mate.
    Not worth it if you are with family
  • Options
    67 from 24
  • Options

BR3red said:

Can't wait!!!

Btw. Wish my son wasn't here or I would have put a bat up the the backside of the Hampshire twat!

Ps. I'm not skinny..
    Ignore mate.
    Not worth it if you are with family
    I was joking (sort of!)
  • Options
    62 from 18
  • Options
    Oh well, when you've waited 40 years for a Lord's final win what's another chuffing year to wait?
  • Options
    All over. Hants win by 61.
  • Options
    3 Lord's final defeats I've seen now, our innings never got going, the run out of Kuhn was probably crucial
  • Options

Which stand?
  • Options
    One particular Kent fan behind us was an absolute arsehole. After the game he was shaking Hants fan hand and then said “now F Off” as he walked away. The Hants fan heard it and came back to sort him out fortunately the Kent fan had a couple of mates to hold him back from getting a pasting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

One particular Kent fan behind us was an absolute arsehole. After the game he was shaking Hants fan hand and then said “now F Off” as he walked away. The Hants fan heard it and came back to sort him out fortunately the Kent fan had a couple of mates to hold him back from getting a pasting.

I could have done without some of the more abusive chanting from a certain Kent fan in the Mound Stand...
  • Options

1StevieG said:

I could have done without some of the more abusive chanting from a certain Kent fan in the Mound Stand...
    Where you near the front of the Mound stand and the entrance to staircase R?
  • Options
    Another bloody defeat in a final. I live in hampshire, glad i am not back to work after tomorrow till Wednesday. I swear that if we played our second xi in the final both would lose.
  • Options
    Of course you do have to ask the question why there were so many Hants fans in the Kent areas when there were so many empty seats in the areas allocated to them.if they want to sit in the Kent area and start singing "Hampshire" loudly they must realise there is a risk it will attract a degree of resentment.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

Where you near the front of the Mound stand and the entrance to staircase R?
    Yes I think, the fan who annoyed me was the one who had a real go at Mason Crane

Of course you do have to ask the question why there were so many Hants fans in the Kent areas when there were so many empty seats in the areas allocated to them.if they want to sit in the Kent area and start singing "Hampshire" loudly they must realise there is a risk it will attract a degree of resentment.

Kent weren't allocated the whole of the Mound Stand anyway, and surely cricket doesn't need to be completely segregated?
  • Options
    Just home, literally browned off after an afternoon in the sun.

We were in the Mound lower and there was indeed a few Kent idiots nearby but overall thought our support was loud & proud.

Pretty disappointed with our batting and especially with the kamikaze manner in which we lost 4 wickets to run outs.

I honestly thought that Stewart might get a shout today as the man in form but what do I know.....

Once Kuhn & Denly had departed I honestly couldn't see anyone getting a big enough score to see us over the line & although Bilbo's innings was a pleasant surprise, we lacked a big hitter to knock off the runs required.

Oh well, a good enough day with great company but a disappointment none the less.
  • Options

Just home, literally browned off after an afternoon in the sun.

We were in the Mound lower and there was indeed a few Kent idiots nearby but overall thought our support was loud & proud.

Pretty disappointed with our batting and especially with the kamikaze manner in which we lost 4 wickets to run outs.

I honestly thought that Stewart might get a shout today as the man in form but what do I know.....

Once Kuhn & Denly had departed I honestly couldn't see anyone getting a big enough score to see us over the line & although Bilbo's innings was a pleasant surprise, we lacked a big hitter to knock off the runs required.

Oh well, a good enough day with great company but a disappointment none the less.

Kuhn run out suicide

Blake run out - brilliant arm, could have done that another 200 times and not hit the wicket.

Those 2 dismissals were the game changers for me.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Can't wait!!!

Ps. I'm not skinny..
    In fairness there was only one idiot who just got more and more vocal all day.

When Kuhn went he shouted out F off back to your garden which was completely out of context of how all the other Hampshire fans were ( 6 of them ).

He then said that to every wicket up to 5, then every time we scored a boundary said one swallow doesn't make a summer, etc.

Swore a lot in front of my wife and other women and my 12 year old ( not Joe).

Anyways Hampshire bowled very well and their fielding amazing - they were worthy winners.

Great day out, amazing view, great food and drink and finally I suppose if you live in Hampshire you don't get out much but bottom line he was an absolute prick!
  • Options
    There were very few Hants fans there today which is pretty poor for a test hosting county not a million miles from Lord’s. As someone who was there at the very end I can assure you that the trophy was paraded to a near empty stadium. There’d have been loads of us the other way round.