Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018

Purchased our 6 tickets for the Mound Lower , block 3, row 15/14.

Fingers crossed for decent weather & a great day out.

Make sure you take suitable clothing to keep warm, as it can be quite chilly and windy down there, depending on the forecast.
    The Lower Mound is out in the open though, when the sun's out and facing you it can get really warm as well!
    Quite right. Sorry Jean I was thinking of the Lower Edrich.
    Correction the Lower Mound is out in the open and probably in the sun all day.
    So if the sun's out it will be warm/hot and if it's warm and cloudy it will be ideal.
    I'm losing the plot trying to do too many things.
    FOOD AND DRINK

Spectators may bring food and drink into Lord's. A limit has been set on the amount of alcohol that may be brought into the Ground. The limits are either: two pints - 1136ml (under 6% ABV) or 75cl (between 6% and 18% ABV). Any alcoholic beverage outside these limits will be confiscated upon entry to the Ground.

There are a number of food and drink outlets around the Ground, including the recently refurbished Bicentenary Bar behind the Mound Stand and W.G.'s behind the Grand Stand. The Food Village at the Nursery End is also popular with spectators.

Personally, I always find the stewards at Lords as good as you can get and they are not usually too fussy.
    I take 4 lagers/beers 500 mls and have never had them queried, which must be 20 plus times over the years.
  • Options

Purchased our 6 tickets for the Mound Lower , block 3, row 15/14.

Fingers crossed for decent weather & a great day out.

Make sure you take suitable clothing to keep warm, as it can be quite chilly and windy down there, depending on the forecast.
    The Lower Mound is out in the open though, when the sun's out and facing you it can get really warm as well!
    Quite right. Sorry Jean I was thinking of the Lower Edrich.
    Correction the Lower Mound is out in the open and probably in the sun all day.
    So if the sun's out it will be warm/hot and if it's warm and cloudy it will be ideal.
    I'm losing the plot trying to do too many things.
    FOOD AND DRINK

Spectators may bring food and drink into Lord's. A limit has been set on the amount of alcohol that may be brought into the Ground. The limits are either: two pints - 1136ml (under 6% ABV) or 75cl (between 6% and 18% ABV). Any alcoholic beverage outside these limits will be confiscated upon entry to the Ground.

There are a number of food and drink outlets around the Ground, including the recently refurbished Bicentenary Bar behind the Mound Stand and W.G.'s behind the Grand Stand. The Food Village at the Nursery End is also popular with spectators.

Personally, I always find the stewards at Lords as good as you can get and they are not usually too fussy.
    I take 4 lagers/beers 500 mls and have never had them queried, which must be 20 plus times over the years.
    @Covered End thanks for your advice on this thread re best seats and drink policy. I have booked a ticket in the Edrich stand upper. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Back to our semi which I didn't have a chance to see live because I was at an all day cricket festival but have now and I have to say how impressed I was with the Worcester 19 year old bowler, Patrick Brown. Yes he was the one who had the winning runs taken off him but he this was just his 6th List A game having only been picked up last year following a bowling speed test trial.

Patrick had never been in a county age group set up to that point and had Henry been caught on the boundary, as he should have done instead of the ball going for a maximum, off his penultimate over then we almost certainly would have lost.

A testament to his nerve particularly bowling the knuckle ball to get Kuhn and I'm sure that we will hear more of him in years to come.
  • Options
    Kent unchanged from their last championship match and put in to bat.

15/2..... (both Dickson and DBD out)
  • Options
    recovering a bit. I'm going but won't get there until just after lunch.
  • Options
    Is it time to discuss the place of Zak Crawley? Averaging under 20 in the CC this year.
  • Options
    144-6. After the Lord Mayor's show
  • Options
    Also, is it time to discuss Rouse's place?

Robinson is shitting runs in the 2s and Kent Prem. Time to give him a go, as much as I hate to say it because I want him to play for Beckenham!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Robbo played an unreal knock for Beckenham on Saturday (80), followed up with two 60s for the 2s this week.

No brainer IMO - Rouse is averaging 15.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018

Robinson is shitting runs in the 2s and Kent Prem. Time to give him a go, as much as I hate to say it because I want him to play for Beckenham!

I like Rouse personally. When you bear in mind that he was recruited as a number two, he has shown himself to be a decent keeper and often (not today unfortunately) gets runs when we need them.

We do seem to have a dearth of reserve batsmen. Blakey seems to struggle in the longer form of the game and I'm struggling to think of anyone else.

Perhaps the answer, in the first instance, is to play Robinson as a batsman in place of Crawley.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I like Rouse personally. When you bear in mind that he was recruited as a number two, he has shown himself to be a decent keeper and often (not today unfortunately) gets runs when we need them.

We do seem to have a dearth of reserve batsmen. Blakey seems to struggle in the longer form of the game and I'm struggling to think of anyone else.

Perhaps the answer, in the first instance, is to play Robinson as a batsman in place of Crawley.
    That's a possibility - I would be happy with that.

As a Kent fan and because they're my mates I'd love to see Blake and Robinson get in the side, however as a Beckenham fan you can all f*ck off :-)
  • Options
    176-8

Denly 59
  • Options
    195-9

Can we get a batting point?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

195-9

No - 197 all out.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    LenGlover said:

195-9

Sadly no. The last match seems to have been a positive blip as far as the batting goes. I had thought about going down on Saturday, it doesn't look as if the match will last that long.

• Options
    Warwickshire 16-2

both wickets to Henry
  • Options
    20-3, Stevo joins the party

I imagine most batsmen today are Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
  • Options
    34-4

Another one for Stevens! Trott still there though 13*
  • Options
    Points deduction for a poor pitch or poor batting?

Tunbridge Wells is normally a batting paradise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LenGlover said:

195-9

Sadly no. The last match seems to have been a positive blip as far as the batting goes. I had thought about going down on Saturday, it doesn't look as if the match will last that long.

At this rate, there won't be much play on Friday either!
  • Options
    55-5

Podmore chips in but Trott 27*
  • Options
    61-7. 3 to Podmore.
  • Options
    Pitch to be reported?
  • Options

Pitch to be reported?

Been there asked that!

14 or more wickets in a day on the first two day is the threshold isn't it?
  • Options
    197 looks like a monster score.
  • Options

That's a bit of luck. Bought tickets yesterday in mount lower
    Edrich Upper/Lower is in this photo. The Lower Mound is seen to the right in this photo.
  • Options
    71-8 another for Podmore. Trott 31*
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Stubborn little partnership developing between Trott and Brookes 95-8
  • Options
    Isn’t kuhn a wicketkeeper? Give him the gloves and give Blake a go instead of rouse. Give Blake licence to hit similar to butler for England