Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bundesliga

Comments

• Options
    What a team goal for the 4th
  • Options
    Hoping that Lookman gets on soon... Turning into the sort of game that'll help his confidence
  • Options
    Yes, I got that bet very wrong :)
  • Options
    Is there fake crowd noise on the BT broadcast as well or is that just happening in the States?
  • Options
    Watched the second division game between Hamburg and Arminia Bielefeld earlier - they are the top two sides in the running for promotion (along with Stuttgart).

Disappointing 0-0 draw, but Bielefeld will be happy to still have a significant lead at the top of the table. 

Leipzig looked absolutely immense against Mainz. 
  • Options
    Backed Koln to beat Düsseldorf, mainly because I still have irrational dislike for Uwe Rosler. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Backed Koln to beat Düsseldorf, mainly because I still have irrational dislike for Uwe Rosler. 
    1-0 to Düsseldorf, Köln look rübbish
  • Options
    18 games

3 home wins

Dortmund
    Munich
    Who pretty much win home and away, crowd or no crowd anyway lol

And Hertha winning the Berlin derby on Friday 
  • Options
    Köln score twice in the last two minutes to pull off a 2-2 draw.

The quality of football has been impressive this weekend, have thoroughly enjoyed the games so far. The lack of crowds and atmosphere becomes less apparent to me with each match I watch. 
  • Options
    Whilst watching the games I tend to do a bit of reading about the different clubs and their histories/cultures. Some of them are absolutely fascinating.

A world apart from the sterile, predictable nature of Premier League fanbases. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Whilst watching the games I tend to do a bit of reading about the different clubs and their histories/cultures. Some of them are absolutely fascinating.

A world apart from the sterile, predictable nature of Premier League fanbases. 
    I do think the Bundesliga will come out of this with a much bigger global fan base thanks to having the limelight (apologies Korea & Belarus). 
  • Options
    Watching BVB the last couple weekends has really reminded me just how much I miss football and how much I want it back. I'm still not convinced it makes sense in England. I still think it could spread through teams quickly in between tests. I still think a lot of what they do in Germany with subs sitting apart is just pantomime because if you're training together and someone is infected the aerosolized virus would probably spread pretty fast. 
  • Options
    Whoever does Dortmund's transfers is a genius.

Sells Dembele for about 110m, and buys Sancho (10m), Thorgan Hazard (25m), Julian Brandt (25m), and Haaland (20m). Incredible work.
  • Options
    Dortmund v Bayern today.

5.30 kick off UK time.

Must win for Dortmund as Bayern are 4 points clear so an away win effectively gives them yet another title as Dortmund won't get 7 points back on them with just 6 games left after today.
  • Options
    Hate that kick off time, looking forward to the match though 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I've watched both of Hamburg's return games on BT Sport (I was at their last proper game in March) and I've noticed that there's been significantly less time-wasting or general faffing about. Players don't seem to be rolling about much, throw-ins and goal-kicks are being taken quickly and the ball seems to be in play a lot longer. Maybe crowds have an adverse effect on some aspects of the game? Maybe because there is no live audience, some players have toned it all down a bit. Or maybe it's just because the players realise they are lucky to be doing what they are doing. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I've watched both of Hamburg's return games on BT Sport (I was at their last proper game in March) and I've noticed that there's been significantly less time-wasting or general faffing about. Players don't seem to be rolling about much, throw-ins and goal-kicks are being taken quickly and the ball seems to be in play a lot longer. Maybe crowds have an adverse effect on some aspects of the game? Maybe because there is no live audience, some players have toned it all down a bit. Or maybe it's just because the players realise they are lucky to be doing what they are doing. 
    Are you saying they were just showing off to their mates in the crowd?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    For anyone thar hasnt seen it the Leverkusen penalty, this was the only video I could find on Twitter, but never a penalty for me, Leverkusen player had the shot and was caught accidentally with the follow through, but he had already had the shot and ball had already gone, I dont see how even looking at VAR the red gave that.

Looks a pen to me... Follow through or not, he clearly catches him after the ball has gone
    Yep pena for me, i have been watching but find more than one game a day is a bit much eg. i didn't bother with Bayern bar 10 minutes. 

Although away teams have been winning, i dont put it down to the crowd/lack off at the mo there hasn't been many shocks, will be interesting tonight as the crowd could have been huge, i have Bayern to win but games tough to call at the mo. Dortmund seem to start slow, that last minute goal disallowed did cost me £127 on over 2.5 goals coupon, this week the bottom team drawing busted a treble and not far off in other bets.

As ever always plenty of goals so watch the 2.5 goals market, i usually go with the fave odds or some you can click and see what they average goalwise, but defo more goals at the moment.  
  • Options
    What an opener from Bayern!!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Blinding goal from Kimmich
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent piece of skill to chip the keeper from there but Burki (Ben Foster’s long lost brother) really should’ve got a stronger hand on it.
  • Options
    The quality of football in that half was exceptional. 
  • Options
    Why no VAR for that? Definitely handball
  • Options
    I am confused how that wasnt a penalty 
  • Options
    Thats what VAR is for for godsake.

It looked like it hit his back, but replay showed it was his arm
  • Options
    One of the best matches I’ve seen all season so far, hope the fitness doesn’t decline in the last 15 mins 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I love the social distancing in the Bundesliga... the coin toss, the lack of shaking hands, the lack of goal celebrations, the lack of surrounding the ref when an incident goes against you

Oh no wait - Someone appears to have forgotten to mention that last one to Bayern!!! 
  • Options
    Another title for Bayern realistically then!!
  • Options
    Title is Munichs now 
  • Options
    What’s the point in having VAR when such a blatant handball like that happens, yet the game isn’t even stopped for a check.