Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bundesliga

Comments

• Good game developing between Koln and Mainz. Koln were 2 up but Mainz pulled one back with half hour to go.
  • edited May 2020
    What an equaliser that is! 2-2 and still 20 more minutes...
  • Good game developing between Koln and Mainz. Koln were 2 up but Mainz pulled one back with half hour to go.
    There you go :) 
  • God this game would be so much better with fans
  • edited May 2020
    Mainz have never won @ Koln in the Bundesliga

I have to admit I wondered the other day if home advantage will go out the window with no fans there... i.e. What is home advantage when you dont have partizan fans making it difficult for the travelling teams

All your left with is a Football pitch similar to your own but I imagine with slightly different dimensions.

That could actually be one concern for Charlton should the season restart - after all its been mentioned how much the fans have helped at times this season, well we wont be there for a while
  • I was saying to my son before they got back in it that I liked Mainz. I can see how they could get stronger. Put Taylor, Williams and Sarr in their team and they could do something. He said, put three Real Madrid Players in and they would do something. But my point is, they have the basic structure, they just need some different elements. I am only suggesting Charlton players because I know their games better than other players, and we are a lowly Championship club. I wouldn't be surprised if they become a surprise package next season if they stay up.
  • This game is absolutely nuts!!!

Looking forward to seeing Union Berlin later
  • Good game. Also enjoyed Greuther Furth/Hamburg earlier as well.

Goal music in Germany just seems to work - I don't really know why, but it does. They love a good power ballad at full time as well!
  • That was a great match!
  • very easy for Bayern. Muller is still a quality player.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2020
    Milos Veljkovic playing for Werder Bremen tonight

Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about with Kai Havertz @ Bayer
  • Milos Veljkovic playing for Werder Bremen tonight
    Looking forward to tonights games, massive at both ends of the table

Leipzig dropping points means a Leverkusen win puts them 1 point behind 4th.

And if Werder Bremen lose they are going to remain 5 points being the team in the relegation play off spot and 9 points away from safety with 1 game in hand
  • edited May 2020
    Still early on but been impressed by Wirtz in the opening 15 minutes.

Turned 17 earlier this month and its his first Bundesliga game
  • Well thats how you respond
  • Too easy
  • Embarrassing defending for all three goals
  • Well thats how you respond
    And thats how you respond to that 
  • Milos Veljkovic playing for Werder Bremen tonight

Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about with Kai Havertz @ Bayer
    Well he’s scored two after 33 mins for Leverkusen. 

Bremen’s defending is woeful, mind
  • Great run, nice touch, dreadful miss!
  • Nice to have footy back, i had a few beers (haven't had any bar one night the whole of lockdown so i made a day of it) guinness from 12, bets on, VAR disallowed goal in the red bull game cost me £127 as i had over 2.5 goals including a couple in another league. Football is back standard, the evening game i fell asleep sligthly tipsy... drunk lol 
    Wasn't really that bothered about sundays/Mondays though, still need to get into it but Dortmund, then lepzig was good (flicked over when 3-0nil)
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    I like the weird songs they play at German football - Gurther Forth played the Friends theme tune in the final whistle and Cologne seem to run out to some German version of Take the High Road
    Add to the weird German songs at football thing - Bremen played “500 Miles” by the Proclaimers after they scored. 

• Nice last min winner from Wolfsburg to start off my bundesliga betting. 

Been given a £10 bonus bet for this weekends fixtures:

mochengladbach to win and btts
    hertha to beat Union Berlin 

8/1 on that... seems decent? 

• Nice last min winner from Wolfsburg to start off my bundesliga betting. 

Been given a £10 bonus bet for this weekends fixtures:

mochengladbach to win and btts
    hertha to beat Union Berlin 

8/1 on that... seems decent? 
    Nice return that, not sure about that, i think Leverkusen will win but a tough one to call can see BTTS and either way really. Hertha should be nailed on. 

I quite like the over 2.5 market for German league always seems to be loads of goals.  
  • 14 Bundesliga games since the restart

2 homes wins only
    Dortmund last week
    Hertha last night

No crowds
    No home advantage
  • 14 Bundesliga games since the restart

2 homes wins only
    Dortmund last week
    Hertha last night

No crowds
    No home advantage
    Dont worry we'll be the exception when we face Hull

Its the Charlton way!!
  • Interesting stat but we’ll need more than 14 games to confirm it.
  • Bayern 1-0 up, should be about 4-0 really 
  • Yep Bayern looking dominant at home... :-)
  • Interesting stat but we’ll need more than 14 games to confirm it.
    Oh yeah, but still 2 out of 14 is definitely unexpected 

Leipzig and Koln both drew at Home last week despite being odds on favourites 

Dusseldorf were slightly odds against but still favourites and drew.

Monchengladbach v Leverkusen was always going to be close today, but with home advantage you would have expected Monchengladbach to maybe edge it(again betting had them slight favourites at the start) but Leverkusen won 3-1

And Freiburg lost when they were odds on.

Munich will make it 3 from 15 tonight

Then tomorrow

Favourites wise, betting has it as 2 home wins(Schalke and Koln) and 1 away win(Leipzig) so see where we stand after 18 games
  • Games like tonights game where Munich are always gonna win are not the ones to look at for home advantage, its the close games like Monchengladbach v Leverkusen.

Monchengladbach have had a great season and were ahead of Leverkusen in the table, if they had support of their fans would the result have been different(also of they ref hadnt given a ridiculous penalty would the result have been different)