Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bundesliga

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Hoffenheim beat Dortmund 3-1 and finishing 3rd

Leverkusen close to stealing 4th and pushing Dortmund into Europa league

1-Munich 84 points
    2-Schalke 63 points
    3-Hoffenheim 55 points GD+18
    4-Dortmund 55 points GD+17
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    5-Leverkusen 55 points GD +14
    6-Leipzig 53 points
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    7-Stuggart 51 points
  • Didn't realise Leipzig finished 6th. Can't imagine Werner will be with them next season if they're not in the Champions League.
  • Bayern in a bit of trouble right now.

After starting the season with 7 straight league and cup wins they are now 4 without a win, including 2 straight league defeats and now sit outside the top 4.

Kovac under huge pressure there.
  • Have just planned a surprise trip to Dusseldorf for the Mrs in December and spotted that Fortuna are at home to Dortmund whilst we are there. Unsurprising, tickets are sold out. I believe it's a bit of a local derby.

Anyone had any experience getting tickets on the day? i.e. scouts or chancing luck at ticket office?

I had a look on viagogo and tickets are around £65.00, which if i was going with pals would be fine, but forking out £130 before a beer might be a bit steep.

Cheers in advance
  • Why not trying the short trip to the game Moenchengladbach against Nuremberg? It's just 60 Minutes with a local train and bus.
  • edited November 2018
    MadGerman said:

Why not trying the short trip to the game Moenchengladbach against Nuremberg? It's just 60 Minutes with a local train and bus.

Koln v Magdeburg is 24 hours earlier as well. It's a short journey and a nice enough city to enjoy a few hours. Big Xmas market too - I'd offer a visit there in exchange for football.
  • edited November 2018
    se9addick said:

Are you asking how to get to Germany?

Hamburg is a great base for groundhopping (plus it's a cool city) we managed to go and see St Pauli, Wolfsburg and Hamburg in a single weekend. Germany is an amazing country and probably the best place in the world to watch football.

Try Prague, that is a football and beer fest.

**Otto, I do realise Prague is not in Germany!
  • MadGerman said:

Why not trying the short trip to the game Moenchengladbach against Nuremberg? It's just 60 Minutes with a local train and bus.

Split the difference and go see the mighty Bayer Leverkusen...
  • cafctom said:

Hertha Berlin have a great stadium.

Been there once (2006) for a UEFA Cup match between Hertha and my home team, Odense. Although it's a big modern stadium, I think the running track spoils it. You're miles away from the action.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bayern currently 4-1 down at Frankfurt (the club Kovac left to take over at Bayern).

The sort of result that gets a manager sacked.
  • 5-1 now!

Elsewhere the man they should've got (Nagelsmann) has his RB Leipzig side 7-0 up.
  • Bayern Munich are 4th in the league and 4 points behind Monchengladbach who are top
  • Incredible at the top this year.
    a couple of weeks ago there were 2 points from 1st to 9th

Monchengladbach made a little gap at the top to Dortmund now
    But 3rd to 8th just a point in it
  • Bayern Munich are 4th in the league and 4 points behind Monchengladbach who are top
    Exactly, that's the point.

This side should be romping the league but the football they've been playing hasn't been great, they've failed to win half their games and have been bailed out a lot by Lewandowski. They've also conceded more goals than any side in the top 10 as well.

Plus they were almost knocked out of the cup in midweek by Bochum who are 16th in the 2nd tier.

I can't see Kovac being there much longer.
  • I think Kovac could have gone earlier this year but there just aren’t a huge number of managers available that would suit Bayern and what they want.

This side should be romping the league but the football they've been playing hasn't been great, they've failed to win half their games and have been bailed out a lot by Lewandowski. They've also conceded more goals than any side in the top 10 as well.

Plus they were almost knocked out of the cup in midweek by Bochum who are 16th in the 2nd tier.

Lewandowski might be 31 but this is someone who Man Utd should try and prise away from Bayern in the January window. I'm sure he won't be available but United aren't afraid to pay over the top for a player and with 23 goals in 20 games this season he's still as sharp as ever. His experience would also help all the younger players such as Rashford, Martial, Lingard, James etc etc.
  • Is Lookman injured? Not in the squad for their 8-0 demolition of Mainz
  • Oh and congrats to Union for winning the Berlin derby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Lookman injured? Not in the squad for their 8-0 demolition of Mainz
    Has a back injury.

He wasn't playing that much even before his injury and given they've won their last two matches 6-1 and 8-0 i wouldn't expect he'll be getting in the side when he returns. 

Lewandowski might be 31 but this is someone who Man Utd should try and prise away from Bayern in the January window. I'm sure he won't be available but United aren't afraid to pay over the top for a player and with 23 goals in 20 games this season he's still as sharp as ever. His experience would also help all the younger players such as Rashford, Martial, Lingard, James etc etc.
    Signed a new 4 year contract in the summer so it would cost a fortune to buy him and given he's 32 next year, they won't sanction it.

Lewandowski has been desperate for Real Madrid to make a move for 2/3 years now. They keep hinting and suggesting and his form had dipped with all the speculation. This summer seemed to come to a head and Madrid/Zidane backed off. Lewandowski signed a new contract with Bayern and since then, I believe he is having the best run of goals in his career.
  • Sacking Kovac worked pretty well then.

Bayern 4 Dortmund 0.
  • Also it's just the 2nd weekend of November and Lewandowski has just scored his 23rd goal of the season!
  • To be fair Dortmund’s away record in Der Klassiker could rival our record vs Millwall.

15/16: 5-1 Munich
    16/17: 4-1 Munich
    17/18: 6-0 Munich
    18/19: 5-0 Munich
    19/20: 4-0 Munich 
  • To be fair Dortmund’s away record in Der Klassiker could rival our record vs Millwall.

15/16: 5-1 Munich
    16/17: 4-1 Munich
    17/18: 6-0 Munich
    18/19: 5-0 Munich
    19/20: 4-0 Munich 
    Kinnell, now thats what i call a bad run !