Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greg Wallace, total spanner.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018

To be fair the guy sending the original tweet sounds like a piece of work too - why should a complete stranger retweet a charity ride he's doing? He's cycling 180 miles not around the world.

Yer what a he sounds.. doing stuff for charity
  • Options

Curb_It said:

FGS I didn't know such a thing existed.

Perhaps I am a sheltered person after all.

You're not
    I've read this a few times and I don't get it. What am I missing?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Should I google mooncup on a work PC?

You will only end up buying one to meet your daily needs.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

FGS I didn't know such a thing existed.

Perhaps I am a sheltered person after all.

You're not
    I've read this a few times and I don't get it. What am I missing?
    You're not a sheltered person
  • Options

To be fair the guy sending the original tweet sounds like a piece of work too - why should a complete stranger retweet a charity ride he's doing? He's cycling 180 miles not around the world.

He's putting in effort to raise money for a good cause, he's asking for an RT to raise more money for a good cause. If the tweet was ignored I'm sure nothing would be said but the fact that this twat picked up on a missing letter in his name is what has caused the response.
    Fair enough but I assume these requests get a bit tiresome when your inbox is inundated with them.
  • Options

He's putting in effort to raise money for a good cause, he's asking for an RT to raise more money for a good cause. If the tweet was ignored I'm sure nothing would be said but the fact that this twat picked up on a missing letter in his name is what has caused the response.
    Do you humour every charity worker at train stations that approach you? what about the clipboard clutchers on London's bridges? the coin collection buckets that seem to be at every tube station?
  • Options

Do you humour every charity worker at train stations that approach you? what about the clipboard clutchers on London's bridges? the coin collection buckets that seem to be at every tube station?
    whilst I see your point Gregg, if you have seen the tweet then you are on twitter anyway and only need to hit retweet, slightly different to stopping whilst on your way to work/lunch/to pick up and getting cash out or handing over your details.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

No but I'm never ever rude to them and never correct them when they call me Mr rather than Dr. They are also getting paid so not really the same thing as someone cycling a long long way. As I said If he had just ignored it then I would guess nothing more would be said. I personally didn't have a clue who he was until I opened up this thread but after reading bits and seeing that twitter exchange my opinion is he's a twat.
  • Options

whilst I see your point Gregg, if you have seen the tweet then you are on twitter anyway and only need to hit retweet, slightly different to stopping whilst on your way to work/lunch/to pick up and getting cash out or handing over your details.
    If you're at the station then you might as well just stop for a chat. If you're on the bridge then a quick word shouldn't be too much trouble. Likewise if you're at the tube station. What's the rush? :wink:

For me, randomly sending a charity request is akin to hanging the begging bowl out, regardless of the worthiness of the charity.

To then act all offended and arsey because someone rebutted your beg, on one of the most brutal and viscous arenas since the gladiators, seems a bit precious to me. Twitter seems to be a hive of fragile people that, if you don't take them 100% seriously, then tears are shed on a huge scale. just my opinion of course.

For all the requestor knows, Gregg may well donate to a large number of charities. Also, who's to say he controls all content and replies on his Twitter account?
  • Options
    I used to work as a chef, unfortunate to work with him a couple of times, The bloke is stealing a living, He hasn't got a clue and is a bit of a joke in the culinary world. Also is a grade A bellend, thinks hes the bollocks and he's a proper creep around the girls. Hated the fella.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Spanner thought process - shall I.....

A - retweet, at a cost of 2 seconds of my life

B - Ignore the begging chancer

C - Make a sarcastic comment showing me up to be a prick cause I am Wall aint I

Is that exclusive to us? I would, if I was unfortunate enough to have a twitter account, opt for B or C with C being the eventual winner.

The butthurtedness that ensues would be worth it alone.
  • Options

Fair enough but I assume these requests get a bit tiresome when your inbox is inundated with them.

Easy solution, instead of being a toss pot about it.. dont respond !
    Im presuming he doesnt email every african buisnessman offering investment deal via email.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Easy solution, instead of being a toss pot about it.. dont respond !
    Im presuming he doesnt email every african buisnessman offering investment deal via email.
    That's working on the premise that everyone deals with situations in the same way. People are different, people react differently. What winds you up may not wind others up. Likewise something that winds someone else up may be perfectly okay with you.

There's no right or wrong answer, but there's plenty of opinions on what others believe the 'right' thing to do is (which in itself is wrong).

Comparing the tweet he received to Nigerian heirs to locked away millions is somewhat of a false equivalence.
  • Options

Tbf if one of those clipboard clutchers called me ibborg with one b, I'd open em up
    See, everyone has a breaking point :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

incognito is your best friend
  • Options

I used to work as a chef, unfortunate to work with him a couple of times, The bloke is stealing a living, He hasn't got a clue and is a bit of a joke in the culinary world. Also is a grade A bellend, thinks hes the bollocks and he's a proper creep around the girls. Hated the fella.

Heard the same about being a creep around ladies.

Was very very rude to my mates wife right in front of my mate. He was doing some work for him at the time so retrained himself.
  • Options
    my mate has worked on master chef for years and has always said what a twat he is, proper loves himself.

John Torode has even commented in the past that they aren't friends
  • Options

Ah, good old Gregg. Not much different to most 'celebrity' fans in being a bit of a knob.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cheers Greg.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I can't believe you never heard of one!!! :-O

Trust me, Mr Wallace isn't as useful as a mooncup. Can't reveal how I know he's a prize wassock until after the next series of MC.

Mooncups & shewees are vital tools for a backpacking gal where sanitation is decidedly dodgy lol
  • Options

Ah, good old Gregg. Not much different to most 'celebrity' fans in being a bit of a knob.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cheers Greg.
    That's butter better.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

I can't believe you never heard of one!!! :-O

Trust me, Mr Wallace isn't as useful as a mooncup. Can't reveal how I know he's a prize wassock until after the next series of MC.

Mooncups & shewees are vital tools for a backpacking gal where sanitation is decidedly dodgy lol
    sent home in the first round were we?
  • Options
    Would you drink from a mooncup if it meant RD sold tomorrow?