Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

You'd have to pay me a lot to follow Karl Robinson from one club to another

£4231 a week enough?
  • Options
    We have a terrible record against ex players and as soon as he started getting booed I knew he would end up having a good game. He didnt score thankfully but he was Oxfords best player in the second half.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

We have a terrible record against ex players and as soon as he started getting booed I knew he would end up having a good game. He didnt score thankfully but he was Oxfords best player in the second half.

He was a lot better then Fosu that's for sure
  • Options

I didn't understand the reaction towards Holmes at all. Was a great player for us.

A group behind me spent the entire game abusing him - hope they enjoyed themselves.

I thought he dealt with it pretty well.
  • Options

I didn't understand the reaction towards Holmes at all. Was a great player for us.

A group behind me spent the entire game abusing him - hope they enjoyed themselves.

I thought he dealt with it pretty well.
    Was it the same group who abused him when he played for us
  • Options
    93Addick said:

He was a good player and deserved a good reception at the beginning of the game in my opinion. Just one of them thing with Football and everyone has their opinions and can’t argue with that.

But after falling over and cheating the whole game he did deserve some stick

So what game were you watching?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    93Addick said:

He was a good player and deserved a good reception at the beginning of the game in my opinion. Just one of them thing with Football and everyone has their opinions and can’t argue with that.

This. I said about it on the post match thread.
  • Options

93Addick said:

This. I said about it on the post match thread.
    Funny how we all see things differently.
  • Options
    93Addick said:

I really don't get some of our fans sometimes. I've no ill will toward Holmes at all, he always gave max effort for us and at his age Sheffield Utd was his last big chance. As for the falling over easily, he did plenty of that for us.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

He dealt with the abuse with dignity and humour. The mindless booing of a player who was Player of the Year in 2017 and who never gave less than his best for us makes me despair of some people. The abuse soured the whole atmosphere of the evening and contributed to an unpleasant, niggly game.

It's sad for me that a player who I thought was decent for us and always gave 100% was abused in such style. I'm still not clear why some felt the need to do it?

• Options
    Really bewildered me last night. What do people think that booing him is going to achieve? If anything it's going to spur him on!
  • Options
    Based on last night's respective performances, I would take Holmes over Fosu right now. Fosu might well come good again but the immaturity of his decision-making is frustrating.
  • Options
    It's uniform across football now, not just with our fans. It used to be that unless a player left under acrimonious circumstances they would be applauded when their name was read out and then ignored. Now in every league any player who used to play for you gets boos and abuse all game, sometimes even if the club are the ones that forced the player out. It's weird and unnecessary but that's the fashion at the moment
  • Options
    I'd welcome Holmes back anytime .. he did well for us and only split I would think because he could see the club was in turmoil and in a rut, and at 30+ years of age, his career could not afford to stagnate .. also, the Blades are a big club with definite premiership potential .. alas that move didn't work out for him ..

it won't happen but a front line of Holmes, Taylor and Grant would be very tasty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said so in the match thread he was getting pelters for doing exactly what we loved him for when he was here. Played well for us and deserved better frankly it was an embarrassment to the club.
  • Options
    The fouls he kept drawing were identical to the ones he used win for us game after game.
  • Options
    He left when we were mid table playing dour football under KR, I don't think anyone can blame him for wanting to leave and try his luck in the Championship.
  • Options
    Some real pricks at the game last night. Ricky was great for us, wish we still had him. A lot of people just don’t understand football and want to turn everything into a tribal war. Karl Robinson bla bla bla, Ricky Holmes bla bla bla. It’s just a game of football played by people who at a very young age have probably already achieved more in their life than most of the boo boys will achieve in the whole of theirs. Ricky laughed his way through it, he doesn’t give a shit. Jog on.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Some real pricks at the game last night. Ricky was great for us, wish we still had him. A lot of people just don’t understand football and want to turn everything into a tribal war. Karl Robinson bla bla bla, Ricky Holmes bla bla bla. It’s just a game of football played by people who at a very young age have probably already achieved more in their life than most of the boo boys will achieve in the whole of theirs. Ricky laughed his way through it, he doesn’t give a shit. Jog on.

I was sat near what looked like the Addams family last night - they spent the entire game abusing him. The kids will definitely know how to use the c*** word...
  • Options
    Typical thick Charlton fans.
  • Options

Typical thick Charlton fans.

Not just Charlton. Sadly a good number of football fans don't have two brain cells to rub together.
  • Options
    It’s just banter..
  • Options

I didn’t understand it but it didn’t surprise me given some Charlton fans seem to think the rules is ‘boo any ex player regardless of circumstances’. If anything it devalues the players who actually deserve to be booed. However, the only time I wanted to boo him was when he sarcastically walked off near the end, clapping hands with team mates and taking ages. There was no need for that.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

It’s just banter..

If that's not a joke.... you ain't got class.