Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options
    West Ham only named 6 subs at Huddersfield on Saturday I believe.......just saying
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

agree Ajose will be loaned straight back out. Rumour is that Bury are paying most of his wages so why would we want him back if he's not going to play

Which manager signed Ajose? Oh yea!
    Slade wasn’t it? Or was it just before he came in?
  • Options
    Ajose still has a better CAFC goal scoring record than Magennis....
  • Options
    Give Ajose a run of games up top with Magennis. Nothing to lose.
  • Options
    Did anyone read Holmes statement he put up on twitter last night. Apparently he's been getting stick from Charlton fans.

Some funny replies on there about him stating in August that he will be with us for three years!
  • Options

to be fair to Ajose I don't think there were too many moans when we signed him, hadn't he just scored something like 28 goals for Swindon the season before.....it just hasn't worked out for him and we've clearly never really played to his strengths

And with Robinson wanting an energetic team in a 4-2-3-1 he's the last manager that would get the best out of Ajose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Apart from a chance of promotion that is.
    Realistically that went as soon as Holmes was sold along with the statement confirming it's all going in Roland's back pocket again. This squad isn't deep enough to last the season in the top six. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    robroy said:

Did anyone read Holmes statement he put up on twitter last night. Apparently he's been getting stick from Charlton fans.

Some funny replies on there about him stating in August that he will be with us for three years!

He actually did tweet in August that he wasn't going anywhere for the next three years. Not that he deserves any abuse.

• Options
    Really don't get players being given stick for things like moving club... It's the same as any job in that if you get a better offer whilst your place seems to be going to shit, of course you'll take it. Especially if it means you may get the opportunity to potentially play in the 'best league in the world', within a year!.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Really don't get players being given stick for things like moving club... It's the same as any job in that if you get a better offer whilst your place seems to be going to shit, of course you'll take it. Especially if it means you may get the opportunity to potentially play in the 'best league in the world', within a year!.

Particularly given we all come on here to complain every single day about what a shithouse the club currently is, and we're the ones who actually love it
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Football fans are a strange bunch.

I wonder how many of the Charlton fans giving him abuse on twitter did the same when he signed for us after putting in a transfer request at Northampton?
  • Options

Just the games he's playing in, of course !
  • Options
    Get Ajose back, play 2 up front, this boring, negative, sideways, backwards style is not working, 34 goals in 27 games really entertaining stuff!! and now no Holmes our only direct route to goal has gone. the build up is so slow they always have 10 behind the ball. Instead of trying to stiffle the oppositions format, go 2 up front and let them worry about us.
  • Options

Just the games he's playing in, of course !
    i wouldn't have the stats to hand but how many chances has magennis had in matches this season, ajose being at bury hes not going to get a rake of goals there bottom on 17 points.

regarding wishing players well - i don't really care what he does for sheffield united, hes an ex player now, if sheffield united were in town i certainly wouldn't be staying behind to sing his name after ft, kermorgant was slightly different as he didnt really want to go, its not as if rolands put a gun to his head, a chance has arose and hes decided to take it, not saying i blame him but the mass outcry like its some sort of suprise is a bit strange, we've asked roland to sell the club - as far as im aware hes doing it, people asking for the money to be put back in what could we bring in for 400k of course we could of just kept ricky, but with promotion chances slim are rickys performances going to drop off, as i dont think this season hes been that good. the owners selling and of course going to take what he can out of it.

the alternative would be spend a bit now, and try and catch an auto spot which i cant see us doing, then sell us once promoted its a risk for the owner and probably would result in karl losing his job as no doubt karl would of banked on getting autos.
  • Options
    Ajose was total gash for us, but and a big but, he was almost never played in a 4-4-2. He clearly has finishing ability scoring 20+ goals in this league a few seasons ago. Play him up top with magennis and we may see the best of him. Cannot be any worse than our striking options in a 4-2-3-1.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Ajose was total gash for us, but and a big but, he was almost never played in a 4-4-2. He clearly has finishing ability scoring 20+ goals in this league a few seasons ago. Play him up top with magennis and we may see the best of him. Cannot be any worse than our striking options in a 4-2-3-1.

record of 1 in 4 at CAFC... do any of our current crop have that? Mav, Mag, Kag, RHF etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ajose is not a midfielder, or a wide player, or a target man yet the records show he has scored some goals. This leads me to the question 'how come'?
    As much as anything else it is about his deployment.
  • Options
    Will the freed up wages pay for trench diggers?
  • Options

• Options
    Sad to see him go, but inevitable I guess. If KR uses the money to get a few extra bodies on loan then we may just stay in the playoff hunt. His signings have been pretty decent so far, so let's see what he can do.
  • Options

Interestingly he scored 5 goals in 15 games back at Swindon on loan .
  • Options

Get Ajose back, play 2 up front, this boring, negative, sideways, backwards style is not working, 34 goals in 27 games really entertaining stuff!! and now no Holmes our only direct route to goal has gone. the build up is so slow they always have 10 behind the ball. Instead of trying to stiffle the oppositions format, go 2 up front and let them worry about us.

From Al to Alan

Ajose is shite mate!

He's living off of one good season at Swindon, he's been appalling apart from that!

He's lazier than Tony Watt and that's saying something!
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Sorry, but from memory he played up top with Magennis didn't he? He did nothing, and I can't believe even a few of you a talking about bringing him back, especially as he wasn't even a team player. We're showing a bit of spirit at the moment, and if anything is going to pull us through it'll be spirit. Ajose fannying around up top will achieve nothing. If we do go two up front then let it be Mag with Mav or KAG or Reeco or even Clarke.
  • Options

Incidentally, which page in the 2018 calendar was Holmes...

June...........a pic with Magennis. Sadly he latter will still be here then.
    Surprised he wasn't Jan like Coutinho and Sanchez. Our commercial dept. not planning ahead like Arse and Liverpool's did!

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

From Al to Alan

Ajose is shite mate!

He's living off of one good season at Swindon, he's been appalling apart from that!

He's lazier than Tony Watt and that's saying something!
    This is the first time I have agreed with you Al.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Fumbluff said:

Holmes was still playing non league football at the age of 23. He will be 31 before next season and will be joining a club, for more money and playing for a manager that believes in him. A club that has sent a clear signal to their supporters this week, by signing four players for almost £2m, that they want to get in the PL asap. He is leaving a club without direction and destined to be playing in the 3rd tier of English football once again next season.

Who, realistically, would stay given those circumstances?

He should have left in the summer. If he stayed due to broken promises by the club then he was nieve.
    Is a nieve like a sieve? Maybe without the holes?
    Spelling police.