Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Personally not that fussed. Sure, he produced worldies and played well majority of his time here! Before he went, his form was plummeting and its clear his head had been turned!
    It isn't about 1 man though, we have a good team this year who are more than capable of playing without Holmes. As for him, It isn't about just the one club for him, he has to do whats best for him at the end of the day. So good luck to him but we move on anyway!
  • Options
    At his age, this is his last real chance for a big contract and a move upwards. The sad thing is, there are many, many better clubs than Charlton right now. If the club is going nowhere, don't be surprised if the players take it in to their own hands to go somewhere.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

At his age, this is his last real chance for a big contract and a move upwards. The sad thing is, there are many, many better clubs than Charlton right now. If the club is going nowhere, don't be surprised if the players take it in to their own hands to go somewhere.

fully expect a few to go end of the season as i don't think we will go up this year.
  • Options
    Not even on the bench today .
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Not even on the bench today .

Cup tied
  • Options
    funny, because I'm sure I saw on Soccer Saturday the team news & their caption saying that he was starting. I was trying to wrack my brain to think if he played at AFC Wimbledon but I've tried to erase that game from my mind & so gave up.
  • Options

funny, because I'm sure I saw on Soccer Saturday the team news & their caption saying that he was starting. I was trying to wrack my brain to think if he played at AFC Wimbledon but I've tried to erase that game from my mind & so gave up.

He played in both games
  • Options
    Sheffield United v Aston Villa live on Sky tonight.
  • Options
    Do you think his new contract came with a cushion to sit on? Or does the Sheff Utd bench have those flash padded car like seats? Has he actually made his debut yet?
  • Options
    Wasn't fully fit when he left us. Maybe Sheffield United actually take care of their players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wasn't fully fit when he left us. Maybe Sheffield United actually take care of their players.

Or they just bought him as a squad player anyway
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Do you think his new contract came with a cushion to sit on? Or does the Sheff Utd bench have those flash padded car like seats? Has he actually made his debut yet?

its only been 1 and a half games
  • Options

Or they just bought him as a squad player anyway
    Maybe, time will tell. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Embarrassing post.

If there was a ‘Would Ya’ thread on Ricky for the 2 years he was with us 50% on here would’ve.
  • Options
    He's on.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Embarrassing post.

If there was a ‘Would Ya’ thread on Ricky for the 2 years he was with us 50% on here would’ve.
    As much as I liked him as a player i wouldn't be in the 50% that would!

It was a little tongue in cheek, you'll see earlier posts from me on this thread.

Plus he's just come on, watch him hit a rocket into the top corner now.
  • Options
    He’s left was a good player certainly not a hero - so I couldn’t care less what he does.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Do you think it would have been better for him to see out his career in League One? That's ambitious isn't it.
  • Options
    I see Ricky replaced Ched Evans.
  • Options
    I was flicking between the Sheff U game & the rolling updates but I don't think Holmes got much of a kick during his 18 mins of playing time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

Do you think it would have been better for him to see out his career in League One? That's ambitious isn't it.
    As I said earlier in this thread, had no issue with him leaving. My fear was like a lot of people you get promoted one step up the ladder too far, i'm not convinced he's good enough for top end championship. But good luck to him and hope it works out and i'd probably do the same if I was him.
  • Options
    Looked like he was played in centre behind the strikers. Didn't get near anything tonight.
  • Options
    Started today
  • Options

Started today

Didn't finish, was subbed.
  • Options

Started today

Didn't finish, was subbed.
    Missed a good chance from inside the box and skied a trademark 35 yarder.

Their fans won't rate him. But we know he can do better.

• Options
    Not in the starting line-up or on the bench tonight.

Injured or has he dropped out of the reckoning already?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    He will be a safe impact sub for them. He may score only 5 or 6 a season at that level but will make defences think twice. The manager knows him and has brought him back from a low period before. Blades fans will come to respect him I believe.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Not in the starting line-up or on the bench tonight.

Injured or has he dropped out of the reckoning already?

Jordan Cousins isnt in the QPR squad he must also be rubbish and should have stayed???

He is a fairly new player for Sheffield United, they have a fairly big squad so will rotate, it doesnt mean he is out of the reckoning already.

Why is everyone so desperate to see him fail.

Lets face it if you was a footballer who was playing for a team you dont support, a team in the league above who are chasing promotion offer you double what you are on you would take it.

He is a Sheffield United player now and as a great man once said Move On