Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options

So end of the month, Vechain has almost tripled in price this January despite it being one of the most difficult months for crypto.

Feeling bullish on the rebrand, also int’s mainnet is launching tomorrow.

Rebrand is due towards end of Feb ?
    Yup. Feb is rebrand, June is mainnet launch iirc and Thor production starts. Whitepaper will be released in that period.
  • Options
    Thanks KA.
    Got time to get my Bitstamp account working. Especially as i've found they have a Luxembourg office which is about 5 min walk from my office.
  • Options
    The taxman wants his portion it seems. No surprise there. bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42872610
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

The taxman wants his portion it seems. No surprise there. bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42872610

Yup, keep a record of your trades. Give to Caesar what is owed to Caesar, give to crypto what is owed to crypto
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Speculative gains surely? :wink:

• Options
    cafcpolo said:

cafcfan said:

Do your U.K. patriotic duty to your sovereign State, and cough up your CGT.

I am tax non-resident, so I don't have to :-)
  • Options

cafcpolo said:

cafcfan said:

Won't the Czechs want their slice?

I have no idea what I have to do about my tax for this but I should probably start looking into it.

At least when you giy pay tax you contribute to schools, roads, hospitals etc not a giant stand off with those big bullies Bhutan....
  • Options

cafcpolo said:

cafcfan said:

I have no idea what I have to do about my tax for this but I should probably start looking into it.

At least when you giy pay tax you contribute to schools, roads, hospitals etc not a giant stand off with those big bullies Bhutan....
    No, because currently they don't have a universal CGT. They tax dividends at 15%, but capital gains generally not. It's probably because until relatively recently, Czechs were not allowed to possess "capital ". So you too might be lucky that way.

• Options

So end of the month, Vechain has almost tripled in price this January despite it being one of the most difficult months for crypto.

And this is what I still don't quite get. If you need to get your Fiat back via Bitcoin and that is performing badly, then is their any point getting excited about Vechain (or any other's) performance in isolation??

Surely it's value is driven by Bitcoin?

So if Bitcoin has lost 50% value in 6 weeks, you need your other blockchain to have at a minimum doubled in value in the same time, to realise any benefit?
  • Options

cafcpolo said:

cafcfan said:

No, because currently they don't have a universal CGT. They tax dividends at 15%, but capital gains generally not. It's probably because until relatively recently, Czechs were not allowed to possess "capital ". So you too might be lucky that way.

You might find that capital gains have to be declared as income, it was called "unearned income" in the UK until CGT replaced it. Can't see any government letting a loop hole that big exist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And this is what I still don't quite get. If you need to get your Fiat back via Bitcoin and that is performing badly, then is their any point getting excited about Vechain (or any other's) performance in isolation??

So if Bitcoin has lost 50% value in 6 weeks, you need your other blockchain to have at a minimum doubled in value in the same time, to realise any benefit?
    Surely it’s an equilibrium?
  • Options

Bitcoin has gone down big time and Vechain has held up well. Look at its price in bitcoin has almost 5x but it’s value in fiat is only almost triple.
  • Options

cafcpolo said:

cafcfan said:

You might find that capital gains have to be declared as income, it was called "unearned income" in the UK until CGT replaced it. Can't see any government letting a loop hole that big exist.
    I will double check it, but anyway they seem content just to tax what I earn here, and accept that HMRC do their job on UK derived earnings and investments. I don't think another country can say "hey we'll have some of that" just because the first country chooses not to tax a certain element of income. That would create a recipe for endless complication.

Sod all in my case anyway. Not expecting that to change. And I would say it is a small bonus for loyally paying my taxes for 24 years with nothing more to show for it than the bloody Olympic Stadium :-)

Worth all expats checking their own status, of course.

• Options
    For myetherwallet for ICOs can you transfer from fax via a deposit to your wallet address? I’ve done it from coinbase to an exchange via gdax. It’s first time I’ve done it to a wallet.
  • Options
    Addick90 said:

For myetherwallet for ICOs can you transfer from fax via a deposit to your wallet address? I’ve done it from coinbase to an exchange via gdax. It’s first time I’ve done it to a wallet.

I sent from coinbase (ethereum) to my ether wallet.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

also Gems have shot themselves in the foot with the way they have gone about the ico, major fuck-up... Metronome next Monday looks a very good project to me, but it is a dutch auction and the hard part is picking the right entry point

Are you still going in for medicalchain tomorrow?
  • Options
    Anyone got a good wallet recommendations?
  • Options

Anyone got a good wallet recommendations?

https://www.myetherwallet.com/
  • Options
    Checked my Vechain investment yesterday. At the moment it is performing about as well as my most conservative Vanguard fund. :-)

But maybe that's strangely reassuring, as @kentaddick is suggesting.

What is the significance of the much touted 'rebrand' though? I don't recall "rebrands' of Norwich Union to Aviva, or RWE to Innogy sending the share prices into the stratosphere.
  • Options

Checked my Vechain investment yesterday. At the moment it is performing about as well as my most conservative Vanguard fund. :-)

What is the significance of the much touted 'rebrand' though? I don't recall "rebrands' of Norwich Union to Aviva, or RWE to Innogy sending the share prices into the stratosphere.

There will probably be a big partnership announcement at the rebrand event. Also, when antshares was rebranded to Neo the price shot up from $10 to where it is now, we’ll over $100 a token. There are massive sell walls up at the moment which tends to lend to the idea some big entity is hoarding Vechain and ready to remove the sell walls for it to explode.

It will be the beginning of the series of events from whitepaper being released through to Thor being produced in June with the Vechain wallet being released.

Vechain was at around $2 at the beginning of january, now it’s hovering around $6. What kind of fund gives you that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure I screwed up my Bee Token request. Nothing seemed to be happening so I tried again. Then again. I will get nothing due to the transaction not going through or I'll get nothing as I've over-purchased by three times or possibly my final transaction may override the previous two as I very slightly increased the gas price (following an online tip from other in a similar position)! I'll check tomorrow.
  • Options

Ps great time to buy icx as its crashing pretty hard at the moment.

Its still going KA.
  • Options

Ps great time to buy icx as its crashing pretty hard at the moment.

Its still going KA.
    Fill ya bags
  • Options
    Can someone please confirm why is the gas price? Is there a set amount? I understand il have to enter it when I send money for Medicalchain if successful
  • Options

There will probably be a big partnership announcement at the rebrand event. Also, when antshares was rebranded to Neo the price shot up from $10 to where it is now, we’ll over $100 a token. There are massive sell walls up at the moment which tends to lend to the idea some big entity is hoarding Vechain and ready to remove the sell walls for it to explode.

It will be the beginning of the series of events from whitepaper being released through to Thor being produced in June with the Vechain wallet being released.

Vechain was at around $2 at the beginning of january, now it’s hovering around $6. What kind of fund gives you that?
    Sure, trouble is I bought in about a week later at around €5, which is where it was this morning. But it's OK, I am going to hold it (save for withdrawing my original stake if I clear 100%), and am very grateful to you for your many insights into the whole shebang. A month ago I hadn't got a clue beyond a vague understanding of Bitcoin.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Sure, trouble is I bought in about a week later at around €5, which is where it was this morning. But it's OK, I am going to hold it (save for withdrawing my original stake if I clear 100%), and am very grateful to you for your many insights into the whole shebang. A month ago I hadn't got a clue beyond a vague understanding of Bitcoin.
    Yep, me too.

I have had to wait whilst the Financial strains of xmas have calmed down, but next weekend (9th) is D-Day for me - when i will be taking my first tentative steps into the market - obviously hoping there is a further slide until that day and then a big explosion !!
  • Options
    Just saw that VEChain below 5 with nearly 20 per cent drop today and ICX has 22 per cent drop today !
  • Options
    Of the Coins i follow on Crypto Market, oddly, its only Tether thats in the green.
  • Options

Just saw that VEChain below 5 with nearly 20 per cent drop today and ICX has 22 per cent drop today !

Fill ya bags
  • Options
    I am struggling to find any info out there to suggest ICX will bounce back. Can anyone enlighten me or is it based on the assumption that it will?