Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cryptos

Comments

• OK, i tried to open a Bitpanda account this afternoon, and the only form of ID they will accept is my UK Passport, which i'm a bit reluctant to do - however, this must have been the only way that you guys have opened your accounts with them too?
  • cafcpolo said:

So, you can only buy ETH with Coinbase with Fiat, not BTC?
    So, to buy BTC, you have to buy ETH via Coinbase (with Fiat), then send ETH to BDAX, then on to Binance, then trade ETH for BTC
    Forgive my ignorance, but this sounds a *really* complex way of buying 'stuff'.

No, on Coinbase you can buy bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, lite coin and ethereum with money. If you only want one of these you don’t need binance.

If you want ripple, stellar, etc. Then buy one of the four above on Coinbase, transfer it to Binance and then buy.
    Sorry guys, Mr Dim here again.
    I'm trying to set up accounts on Coinbase (wont let me at tmoment), GDAX , Binance, Bitstamp and Bitpanda.

Now, if i want to start buying , lets say, Vechain on Binance - cant i just get a Binance account and deposit my GBP into there?, rather than all this faffing around going from Coinbase ETH or BTC, then GDAX then Binance to get Vechain ?
    OK, just answered it myself in that Binance is bot equipped to deal with any FIAT Deposits - only Crypto currencies

and this is currently the biggest drawback for me. Looking forward with some trepidation to the point where I have made 100% on Vechain, and will withdraw the value of my original stake...
  • PA for your Coinbase account - did you use their App in the end for verification?
  • Just opened an OKEx account to by some int. got some good partnerships, similar tech to iota but if it reaches 10% of iotas market cap it should be around $5 a token. Mainnet launches in a few days so might grow after that.
  • CAFCsayer said:

cafcpolo said:

@kentaddick

Am thinking of getting rid of some Litecoins, but not sure if i should or what to swap it for. I have 300+ coins!

Wanchain will be hitting the exchanges very soon. Lump it into that! Absolute huge potential.
    Good luck getting in
    When does wanchain hit the exchange and does anyone I now if Itl be on binance?

Same question for Beetoken? And gems?
  • Addick90 said:

CAFCsayer said:

cafcpolo said:

@kentaddick

Am thinking of getting rid of some Litecoins, but not sure if i should or what to swap it for. I have 300+ coins!

Wanchain will be hitting the exchanges very soon. Lump it into that! Absolute huge potential.
    Good luck getting in

Wanchain we don't know yet, beetoken and gems haven't even had their ico yet
  • Addick90 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Addick90 said:

@CAFCsayer and @kentaddick which coins are you holding for longer term rather than just a quick flip (such as experty which has perhaps now reached their potential)?

Has Vechain still got legs?

How about telcoin, power ledger, rchain and chain link- have they had their rise?

Of course these are all you opinions but we trust your insight on them for information

I'm actually selling out of all of my holdings into Ether for next week, there's a few good ICOs that I want to jump on... Its a matter of freeing up cash rather than a move on outlook...

Vechain is longterm, RChain moreso... Mainnet not out for a while. Telcoin is a good long hold, think it has legs to go 3x from here, some big partnership announcements in the wings and Ive got a feeling one of them is potentially Vodafone
    Thanks for that insight @CAFCsayer .

Which ICOs are interesting you coming up? Would like to read up on them and get registered if so as seems your previous tips have been pretty impressive....
    Bee Token Wednesday, MedicalChain Thursday, Arcblock Saturday... Registration is shut mind you
  • Just opened an OKEx account to by some int. got some good partnerships, similar tech to iota but if it reaches 10% of iotas market cap it should be around $5 a token. Mainnet launches in a few days so might grow after that.

What verification documents did they require for OKEx KA?
    Can you trade VEchain on it?

What verification documents did they require for OKEx KA?
    Can you trade VEchain on it?

Didn’t need any. Although probably to deposit Fiat you’ll have to use euros and provide id. I just withdrew litecoin from binance to okex which took about 10 mins to transfer.
  • PA for your Coinbase account - did you use their App in the end for verification?

Yes, that worked for me.

• Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Addick90 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Addick90 said:

@CAFCsayer and @kentaddick which coins are you holding for longer term rather than just a quick flip (such as experty which has perhaps now reached their potential)?

How about telcoin, power ledger, rchain and chain link- have they had their rise?

Of course these are all you opinions but we trust your insight on them for information

I'm actually selling out of all of my holdings into Ether for next week, there's a few good ICOs that I want to jump on... Its a matter of freeing up cash rather than a move on outlook...

Vechain is longterm, RChain moreso... Mainnet not out for a while. Telcoin is a good long hold, think it has legs to go 3x from here, some big partnership announcements in the wings and Ive got a feeling one of them is potentially Vodafone

Which ICOs are interesting you coming up? Would like to read up on them and get registered if so as seems your previous tips have been pretty impressive....
    Bee Token Wednesday, MedicalChain Thursday, Arcblock Saturday... Registration is shut mind you
    Thanks @CAFCsayer . Tried to get into beetoken last week but wouldn’t let me register even before deadline shut. Said something about pre-registration.

So once they come on Wednesday etc will they immediately go onto an exchange? How does it usually work with ICOs?
  • Addick90 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Addick90 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Addick90 said:

Thanks @CAFCsayer . Tried to get into beetoken last week but wouldn’t let me register even before deadline shut. Said something about pre-registration.

So once they come on Wednesday etc will they immediately go onto an exchange? How does it usually work with ICOs?
    Here's the timeline
    1/30: Approved participants will be notified of their contribution limits via email.
    1/31 (12:00 PM PST): Token Sale Contribution Period begins. Participants will have 24 hours to send their contributions up to their guaranteed contribution limit. Address will be available at beetoken.com
    2/1 (12:00 PM PST): Contribution limits for all participants double until tokens sell out.
    2/2 (12:00 PM PST): Contribution limits for all participants are uncapped until tokens sell out.
    2/28 (11:59 PM PST): Token Sale Contribution Period ends.

So I assume they'll go onto an exchange in early March
  • Addick90 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Addick90 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Addick90 said:

Here's the timeline
    1/30: Approved participants will be notified of their contribution limits via email.
    1/31 (12:00 PM PST): Token Sale Contribution Period begins. Participants will have 24 hours to send their contributions up to their guaranteed contribution limit. Address will be available at beetoken.com
    2/1 (12:00 PM PST): Contribution limits for all participants double until tokens sell out.
    2/2 (12:00 PM PST): Contribution limits for all participants are uncapped until tokens sell out.
    2/28 (11:59 PM PST): Token Sale Contribution Period ends.

So I assume they'll go onto an exchange in early March
    Thanks for that @Bangkokaddick
    Makes more sense now.

Will have to wait until March then.
  • Not sure how many on here are going into Medicalchain this week

Just want to check I’ve understood everything correctly.

I have been sent the address and login Id by email for follow up to my registration. I have until midnight 30th January to complete my order details. This will include my wallet address?

On 1st Feb the purchase will go through according to my requested allocation..

• Addick90 said:

CAFCsayer said:

cafcpolo said:

@kentaddick

Good luck getting in

The wanchain token swap has arrived, so could be hitting the exchanges this week.
  • CAFCsayer said:

A lot of you are saying the drop happened last year as well? If you suspected this why did you not sell high before Christmas and get back in now when its low?

I've since seen the article, had I seen it a day earlier I would have traded everything into Tether, which is a safehaven crypto currency
    Presumably you believe what Tether says on their website.

Stable Currency
    Tether converts cash into digital currency, to anchor or tether the value to the price of national currencies like the US dollar, the Euro, and the Yen.

100% Backed
    Every tether is always backed 1-to-1, by traditional currency held in our reserves. So 1 USD₮ is always equivalent to 1 USD.

Transparent
    Our reserve holdings are published daily and subject to frequent professional audits. All tethers in circulation always match our reserves.

This is LaLa land. I understand many exchanges also hold Tether which should be a concern. It looks lake a duck, it walks like a duck it quack likes and a duck and if you think it's a safe haven I suggest you wake up and smell the stink.
    Yeah, a real safe haven.....from Saturday evening....https://coindesk.com/tether-confirms-relationship-auditor-dissolved/
  • We’re well on the way to the likes of China Bank of England etc issueing their own cryptocurrency which I hope/believe will be tied to their fiat currency.

I’ve never trusted tether
  • And there will be a 1:1 exchange rate. The result will be to replace banks for transacting foreign currency trades. A regulated crypto currency exchange would effect FX transactions using information from the FX market and translating them into matching equivalent crypto exchange rates. Not a million miles away from what Vechain claim to facilitate.

Tether has simply set up as if it was a bank with no regulation, no evidence of where its claimed reserves are held, no evidence of who is the custodian of the reserves, let alone where the custodian is or whether the custodian is even a bank and unable to find an auditor prepared to verify Tether has accessible reserves it can call on - and small print that says it can refuse to redeem your Tether for a $ on grounds it is free to determine.

The whole point of crypto trading is to make the need to trust counter-parties and to perform due diligence redundant. No such thing as free lunch because to benefit you have to pass through an intermediary unable to distinguish between the honest, the criminals and the incompetent. In the absence of the regulation of exchanges it is the real Wild West with snake oil being sold of the back .
  • Sponsored links:

• And there will be a 1:1 exchange rate. The result will be to replace banks for transacting foreign currency trades. A regulated crypto currency exchange would effect FX transactions using information from the FX market and translating them into matching equivalent crypto exchange rates. Not a million miles away from what Vechain claim to facilitate.

Tether has simply set up as if it was a bank with no regulation, no evidence of where its claimed reserves are held, no evidence of who is the custodian of the reserves, let alone where the custodian is or whether the custodian is even a bank and unable to find an auditor prepared to verify Tether has accessible reserves it can call on - and small print that says it can refuse to redeem your Tether for a $ on grounds it is free to determine.

The whole point of crypto trading is to make the need to trust counter-parties and to perform due diligence redundant. No such thing as free lunch because to benefit you have to pass through an intermediary unable to distinguish between the honest, the criminals and the incompetent. In the absence of the regulation of exchanges it is the real Wild West with snake oil being sold of the back .

if you believe the rumours re Vechain that’s exactly what they’re doing for the people’s bank of China...

• I have opened my Coinbase account and I am good to go. I have also linked my GDAX account however I just have to upload a second form of ID.

I cannot see anywhere on Coinbase where I can transfer sterling into an account and hold it until I am ready to buy.

If the above is correct do I have to buy one of the coins they offer and then the money is taken from my account rather than held on Coinbase?

• Ouch, thats not good.

Market down today - to be expected i suppose. No doubt it might take a few days at least for it to recover from this.
  • https://decentralizedml.com/

Looks interesting at first glance, will have to delve a lot further but worth signing up to their community whitelist in case even if you dont use it... Early whitelist participants 3-5ETH cap and demand-dependent a 0.2-0.5ETH cap at ICO.
  • also Gems have shot themselves in the foot with the way they have gone about the ico, major fuck-up... Metronome next Monday looks a very good project to me, but it is a dutch auction and the hard part is picking the right entry point
  • So end of the month, Vechain has almost tripled in price this January despite it being one of the most difficult months for crypto.

Feeling bullish on the rebrand, also int’s mainnet is launching tomorrow.
  • Ps great time to buy icx as its crashing pretty hard at the moment.
  • So end of the month, Vechain has almost tripled in price this January despite it being one of the most difficult months for crypto.

Feeling bullish on the rebrand, also int’s mainnet is launching tomorrow.

Rebrand is due towards end of Feb ?