Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cryptos

Comments

• Any of you lot made enough to buy out Roland yet?
  • shine166 said:

Vechain gone past $9..

Devasted ive been waiting for an invoice to come in since these dipped under $4... finally arrives this morning and I had to buy in at $9 lol
    $9 is still going to be bargain basement In a couple of years. Being said it’s the chinese ethereum.
  • Looking to get into Vechain - thanks Kent.
  • @CAFCsayer

I realise that you are a Lifer of few words, but I reckon that I am not the only one who would love to know: How do you assess all the different opportunities which you regularly mention? You appear to make business -based assessments similar to what people should do before buying shares, but what criteria do you use, and where do you get the info that allows you to check them?

Only if you have the time and inclination of course. But if we can all learn from you, we could soon form the consortium to buy Roland out :-)
  • Vechain gone past $9..

Good tip. Thanks. I bought at $5 and a bit last week. Not very much though.

• shine166 said:

Vechain gone past $9..

Devasted ive been waiting for an invoice to come in since these dipped under $4... finally arrives this morning and I had to buy in at $9 lol
    $9 is still going to be bargain basement In a couple of years. Being said it’s the chinese ethereum.
    Its just greed knowing id have nearly trippled my investment already if I made it on friday ! Alls gravy, ive purchased all mine to sit of for at least 12 months anyway.
  • Bitcoin and associated currencies taking a bashing today, down 11% I believe.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Bitcoin and associated currencies taking a bashing today, down 11% I believe.

Vechain still growing in satoshis though. So if and when bitcoin picks back up Vechain is going through the roof
  • Tried to get in to invest a bit in vechain today... but.... got a call from a dodgy Nigerian and a bunch of trusted sites have shit their doors to new investors

Anybody got a clear and trustworthy way through this for me?
  • Tried to get in to invest a bit in vechain today... but.... got a call from a dodgy Nigerian and a bunch of trusted sites have shit their doors to new investors

This guide got me there, from very first steps. The actual Vechain purchase was done via Kucoin..

• Sponsored links:

• Blimey this takes some thinking about doesn't it. I was watching youtube tutorials on my ipad in bed last night and then could not sleep.
  • Blimey this takes some thinking about doesn't it. I was watching youtube tutorials on my ipad in bed last night and then could not sleep.

Wait til you start taking positions... It only gets more addictive. It start to feel like a game with fake money when you start having a few decent wins
  • CAFCsayer said:

Blimey this takes some thinking about doesn't it. I was watching youtube tutorials on my ipad in bed last night and then could not sleep.

Wait til you start taking positions... It only gets more addictive. It start to feel like a game with fake money when you start having a few decent wins
    I have done quite a bit of investing in my life both via a stockbroker and doing it myself. I was pleased with the level and knowledge I reached after studying however this is a different ball game.

You certainly need to be savvy around PC's and programmes otherwise you don't stand a chance.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Blimey this takes some thinking about doesn't it. I was watching youtube tutorials on my ipad in bed last night and then could not sleep.

I have done quite a bit of investing in my life both via a stockbroker and doing it myself. I was pleased with the level and knowledge I reached after studying however this is a different ball game.

You certainly need to be savvy around PC's and programmes otherwise you don't stand a chance.
    Don't say that! :lol: I've chucked £50 split against two Crypto's and currently marginally down, but gonna keep them where they are a few weeks, keeping an eye on them and suggestions on Reddit threads as to what to do and when.
  • Dazzler21 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Don't say that! :lol: I've chucked £50 split against two Crypto's and currently marginally down, but gonna keep them where they are a few weeks, keeping an eye on them and suggestions on Reddit threads as to what to do and when.
    Sounds like you are doing okay Dazz, at least you have dipped your toe in the water. I am more of a study & read kind of guy for a month or two to really understand the process. Not because I am worried about losing a few bob its just the way I am.

The amount of information out there is mind blowing so I am trying to sift the good from the bad to understand all of this.

Keep us posted on that £50.
  • edited January 2018
    What happened to vechain in last half hour ? - 30 mins ago it was up 25 per cent , now its only up 11 per cent.
  • What happened to vechain in last half hour ? - 30 mins ago it was up 25 per cent , now its only up 11 per cent.

This stuff is volatile as fook mate... NAS cycled between 9 and 14 bucks about 3 times in a day the other day
  • What happened to vechain in last half hour ? - 30 mins ago it was up 25 per cent , now its only up 11 per cent.

Markets are open 24/7. Depending on where you look / app you use, % change in 24 hours could mean since midnight or quite literally, since this time yesterday.

If you mean, why the big drop. It happens, you’ll get used to it :smiley: Not uncommon for large drops to happen before it starts to climb again.
  • CAFCsayer said:

What happened to vechain in last half hour ? - 30 mins ago it was up 25 per cent , now its only up 11 per cent.

This stuff is volatile as fook mate... NAS cycled between 9 and 14 bucks about 3 times in a day the other day
    Sounds like if you had enough time and patience to do it, you could just trade the same Coin all day, wait for it to rise then wait for it come down again.Or is that too simplistic?
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Sounds like if you had enough time and patience to do it, you could just trade the same Coin all day, wait for it to rise then wait for it come down again.Or is that too simplistic?
    Yep... NAS is listed on Huobi, so the volumes are not big and as such the price tends to fluctuate more

This guide got me there, from very first steps. The actual Vechain purchase was done via Kucoin..

Thanks!
  • CAFCsayer said:

It will work until the day when it only moves in one direction!

Bitcoin has hit a downturn today, if you look at vechains price in bitcoin, it’s actually gone up. Which is a really really good sign. Most other cryptos dive in satoshis when theres a bitcoin down.
  • https://medicalchain.com/en/token-sale/

Fill your boots and thank me later... Great idea, great roadmap, strong team. CEO on NHS board and and this is already being trialed by the NHS. Down the line they are planning wearable technology that constantly feeds health info to the blockchain. Everything about this looks good.
  • In case interested I thought this was a very good read:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/magazine/beyond-the-bitcoin-bubble.html

It is a bloody great read, puts the whole crypto/blockchain thing into the wider context of the history of the Internet. Great education, which even I could understand.

And what a class act the New York Times still is...
  • edited January 2018
    CAFCsayer said:

https://medicalchain.com/en/token-sale/

Fill your boots and thank me later... Great idea, great roadmap, strong team. CEO on NHS board and and this is already being trialed by the NHS. Down the line they are planning wearable technology that constantly feeds health info to the blockchain. Everything about this looks good.

https://medicalchain.com/Medicalchain-Whitepaper-EN.pdf

Well worth a read... This could literally revolutionise the whole healthcare service
  • In case interested I thought this was a very good read:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/magazine/beyond-the-bitcoin-bubble.html

Excellent piece written by a believer in blockchain technology who understands the distinction between the value of tokens and technology, and is able to dismiss the idea of a global crypto currency replacing fiat currency.

The only blockchain project that has crossed over into mainstream recognition so far is Bitcoin, which is in the middle of a speculative bubble that makes the 1990s internet I.P.O. frenzy look like a neighborhood garage sale. And herein lies the cognitive dissonance that confronts anyone trying to make sense of the blockchain: the potential power of this would-be revolution is being actively undercut by the crowd it is attracting, a veritable goon squad of charlatans, false prophets and mercenaries. Not for the first time, technologists pursuing a vision of an open and decentralized network have found themselves surrounded by a wave of opportunists looking to make an overnight fortune. The question is whether, after the bubble has burst, the very real promise of the blockchain can endure.

I try and imagine how Nectar points would work in a blockchain environment to try and understand how value accrues. At the moment retailers effectively give a 0.5% discount to purchasers using their Nectar card. Retailers pay that immediately to Nectar who pass it to the consumer when they exchange points for goods. The exchange rate is set by Nectar but there is not a significant margin, £1 from the retailer buys £1 of goods, most profit comes from earning interest on the cash until points are exchanged and from non-cashed points.

Blockchain would allow retailers and consumers to engage without Nectar's extracting most of the economic value. Retailers could set their own points per £ spent and points exchanged with whoever gave the best price for a given product or service. The economic value would be equitably shared between system developers, retailers, product providers and consumers because no entity controlled the means of unlocking value. Points would have trading value, but I cannot envisage how it could be more attractive to speculation than eBay trading.

So what should be the price of Nectar points if it was a new concept developed as a crypto currency and traded on an exchange? It all depends on the value I accrue by using Nectar points than not using Nectar points. If I reckon i will obtain a 10% savings on the goods i can obtain I would not be gaining anything if paid more than 10p for every £1 worth of Nectar tokens. I would be prepared to pay that price to the creators of Nectar tokens, someone else might buy them off me for more than i paid if they reckon they will save 20%. I.E The market value of each token would increase as and when a buyer believed the savings would be more than a seller's estimation. Current crypto currency valuations are devoid of any such theoretical analysis because no applications of blockchain have yet been perfected.

So at the risk of being accused of trolling I will reiterate that crypto currencies currently have no calculable intrinsic value. Some certainly will if the technology eventually wins through, but current bubble valuations are derived from sucking in the hot air belched out by the goon squad of charlatans, false prophets and mercenaries referred to in the NYT article.
  • CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Well worth a read... This could literally revolutionise the whole healthcare service
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Cheers mate. Good read you are right, could be big in the future. I registered my interest so what happens now? How will I find out the exact ICO date and the price it will be going for etc? Never bought in at an ICO before?

Sorry if this is all very basic... thanks for your advice.

• Addick90 said:

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Cheers mate. Good read you are right, could be big in the future. I registered my interest so what happens now? How will I find out the exact ICO date and the price it will be going for etc? Never bought in at an ICO before?

Sorry if this is all very basic... thanks for your advice.

After you've registered you'll get an email to sign up to their portal. So you'll need to buy Ethereum via Coinbase or the like... I'd recommend bit panda. You then need to create a wallet on myetherwallet and transfer it to the wallet. The ico is on Feb 1st at 10am and is on a first come first serve basis, you'll need to have a scan of your passport and a utility bill ready... If you get accepted they'll send you a wallet address to send the Ethereum to.