Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 16 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Seems as though it was Ricky Holmes!! - Shame really that Ahearne-Grant hasnt started, could use his pace on the counter attack as see us struggling to get out of our half at times
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Holmes has a tight quad muscle - Hate to say it but isnt that what Fosu has been missing with?
  • Options

Missing Holmes today is not a disaster, he's not been playing that well recently anyway and the rest might do him good

Yeah am not overly fussed about him missing to be honest
  • Options
    Why has he dropped Sarr instead of Konsa?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

To keep Konsa in the shop window as it's a big game

• Options
    The theory as far as I can tell is to engineer Marshall in to wide right by line situations, where he can cross for Josh, with JFC and Reeves piling in behind.
    If Blackburn stifle that it is down to Aribo and others to cover well for da Silva so he can bomb forward.
    Looks as if the only plan b will be KAG's pace late on, and the Hail Mary will be Doodoo on to see if it works....actually belay that, if we're in such a desperate situation throw Sarr on up front before considering Doodoo.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Sarr lost the best of 3 v Konsa on paper, rock, scissors
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

So we have a Right and Left footed centre back pairing rather than one thats completely left footed
  • Options

Leuth said:

So we have a Right and Left footed centre back pairing rather than one thats completely left footed
    Yeah this, though given their performances this season I don't understand why Pearce gets in ahead of Sarr.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Leuth said:

Yeah this, though given their performances this season I don't understand why Pearce gets in ahead of Sarr.
    Solid British experience in a tough away game?

I like Naby Sarr, but he is still making unnecessary bad calls in each game.

• Options
    Also, is Dijksteel hurt? If not, what has he done, or what is he not doing? We were desperately missing a defensive midfielder last week and instead we had two left footed center backs on the bench. It's the same again this week.

I'd like to rehash my feeling that it's not that our squad is "paper thin," which often seems to be the cry when we lose or don't play well, it's that Robinson has not utilized it very well. We've kept youngsters like Aribo and Dijksteel around instead of loaning them out, and Robinson only seems interested on playing them when he absolutely has to.
  • Options
    #Rovers XI v @CAFCofficial : Raya, Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew (c), Williams, Smallwood, Evans, Conway, Dack, Antonsson, Samuel.

Substitutes: Leutwiler, Graham, Ward, Caddis, Harper, Tomlinson, Nuttall.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Many happy returns to academy graduate @HLennon94, who turns 23 today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRHcSF6W4AAjmcM.jpg
  • Options
    I am in on iFollow btw. For me at least the entire login process, and relieving me of wedge, seems to have got much easier. Couple of clicks and I was done.

Wish I could be more optimistic about what we are about to witness.
  • Options

I am in on iFollow btw. For me at least the entire login process, and relieving me of wedge, seems to have got much easier. Couple of clicks and I was done.

Get the beers in early
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Ricky holmes
    Didn't think it was the January sales just yet?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Get the beers in early
    Is 6:30 am too early?
  • Options
    The Konsa and Sarr partnership has been awful. Good to see Pearce back
  • Options
    ross1 said:

#Rovers XI v @CAFCofficial : Raya, Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew (c), Williams, Smallwood, Evans, Conway, Dack, Antonsson, Samuel.

Substitutes: Leutwiler, Graham, Ward, Caddis, Harper, Tomlinson, Nuttall.

Funnily that Blackburn team dont overly concern me despite the fact I know we'll get a tonking. Dack was really poor when we beat Gillingham 3-0 and whilst I'd say Mulgrew is a really good player for this level; Dominic Samuel who'd leave me really underwhelmed if we signed him - that of course means he'll score a Hat-Trick this afternoon.

I guess that Elliott Bennett (Who'd have been a real threat today) misses out as part of his red card against Crewe in the FA Cup
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Leuth said:

Solid British experience in a tough away game?

I like Naby Sarr, but he is still making unnecessary bad calls in each game.

Pearce is one of the first names on the team sheet.
  • Options
    Does Magennis still think he's in Newcastle and is turning round to grab his pint constantly?

Sorry couldnt resist
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Always like the change when we go to all red.
  • Options
    Come on Josh give us a goal
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

ross1 said:
    Always like the change when we go to all red.
    Urgh just realised this... Hate it when we're in all red; makes us look like Liverpool!!

I know its impossible but there are some kit colours that should be restricted to one club i.e.

Red | White | Black = Man Utd
    All White = Real Madrid
    Black and Red Stripes = AC Milan
    Black and Blue Stripes = Inter Milan
    Dog Shit Brown = Crystal Palace
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!