Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 16 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:

There is no reason why the attacking three from last Saturday should start again tomorrow. They were all absolutely awful, and for Holmes and Marshall it wasn't for the first time in recent weeks. That said, I fear they will start again.

This is my guess on the starting XI, for whatever it's worth:
    .............Amos
    Solly Konsa Pearce Sarr
    ........JFC Aribo
    Clarke Holmes DaSilva
    ..........Magennis

Bench: Phillips, Lennon, Jackson, Marshall, Reeves, KAG, Best

You forgot Empty Chair, he's been a favourite on the bench for the last few games, no reason to drop him now....
  • Options
    Based on our poor performance last week, I'd start Best and give Mag a rest. I know that won't happen of course.
  • Options

2-0 to Blackburn

We'll defend valiantly, but concede an unlucky goal, then a second as we go for the equaliser

Sounds about right

• Options
    Blackburn slipping up means 2-1 CAFC
  • Options
    If we play like we did against Portsmouth when we were allegedly 'fired up' we will get nothing at all from this match.
  • Options
    KR has said that as well as Bauer, Fosu and Kashi another player is injured, but he will not say who. I am always wrong, let us hope it is the result and not the goal score 2-0 defeat for us
  • Options
    ross1 said:

KR has said that as well as Bauer, Fosu and Kashi another player is injured, but he will not say who. I am always wrong, let us hope it is the result and not the goal score 2-0 defeat for us

Bet it's Reeves !
  • Options

ross1 said:

Bet it's Reeves !
    What, did he go and bump his big Thunderbird head at the training ground?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'We picked up one last Saturday who we knew wouldn't be right but we’re keeping that to ourselves' - sounds like Reeves or possibly Clarke
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

There is no reason why the attacking three from last Saturday should start again tomorrow. They were all absolutely awful, and for Holmes and Marshall it wasn't for the first time in recent weeks. That said, I fear they will start again.

.............Amos
    Solly Konsa Pearce Sarr
    ........JFC Aribo
    Clarke Holmes DaSilva
    ..........Magennis

Can Sarr or DaSilva play right back? At the moment, Solly isn't looking worth a starting place. Or perhaps play Konsa, Pearce and Sarr as a back three, five across the middle and Magennis and Best up front?
  • Options

'We picked up one last Saturday who we knew wouldn't be right but we’re keeping that to ourselves' - sounds like Reeves or possibly Clarke

Was Reeves on the pitch long enough to get injured? With his past form, I suppose so
  • Options
    I’m looking for another performance to the one we gave up at Bradford, and
    another backs to the wall win. Ricky is due a goal, and Marshall needs to start hitting the net. Bradford hadn’t lost in 38 games at home, and we done the job there, why not again this Saturday?
    I’m meeting up with a Blackburn lass who I met on this day 7 years ago at the waca cricket ground at the ashes, as well as a couple of lifers again, so I’m really looking forward to this one.
    I’m going for a 2-1 win. COYR’s!!!
  • Options
    Expecting a heavy defeat 4-1. Hope to be proved wrong....
  • Options
    I can’t see anything other then a Blackburn win!! We were very poor last Saturday and their strike force is much stronger than ours!! Blackburn 3-1
  • Options
    Difficult to see anything other than a comfortable home win. 2-0 Blackburn
  • Options
    Think we will get spanked. We are miles behind the best teams in this division in both quality and depth of squad. 0-3.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

.............Amos
    Solly Konsa Pearce Sarr
    ........JFC Aribo
    Clarke Holmes DaSilva
    ..........Magennis

Can Sarr or DaSilva play right back? At the moment, Solly isn't looking worth a starting place. Or perhaps play Konsa, Pearce and Sarr as a back three, five across the middle and Magennis and Best up front?
    I was thinking now that we have center backs coming back to fitness is might be worth taking a look at a back three. We have a lot of good center backs, and it would help cover for Pearce's lack of pace and ability with the ball. It would also give our central midfielders a bit more freedom.

The problem remains, right wingback. I don't think Solly had the pace or athleticism to do it. I think DaSilva would be good on the other side. Maybe you could play Marshall there, akin kind of to what Dortmund did last year under Tuchel where they'd play with one winger (Dembele, Pulisic) and one defender (Schmeltzer, Durm).

I like the idea of a 3-4-2-1 with two attackers having the freedom to roam

Amos
    ...... Konsa Pearce Sarr
    Marshall JFC Aribo DaSilva
    .... Clarke........... Holmes
    .............. Magennis
  • Options
    Blackburn 3 - Charlton 1
  • Options
    1-2 - Pearce with an unlikely “Shirtliff esque” double
  • Options
    Don't give us a hope. Prepare for a good result.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

.............Amos
    Solly Konsa Pearce Sarr
    ........JFC Aribo
    Clarke Holmes DaSilva
    ..........Magennis

I was thinking now that we have center backs coming back to fitness is might be worth taking a look at a back three. We have a lot of good center backs, and it would help cover for Pearce's lack of pace and ability with the ball. It would also give our central midfielders a bit more freedom.

The problem remains, right wingback. I don't think Solly had the pace or athleticism to do it. I think DaSilva would be good on the other side. Maybe you could play Marshall there, akin kind of to what Dortmund did last year under Tuchel where they'd play with one winger (Dembele, Pulisic) and one defender (Schmeltzer, Durm).

I like the idea of a 3-4-2-1 with two attackers having the freedom to roam

Amos
    ...... Konsa Pearce Sarr
    Marshall JFC Aribo DaSilva
    .... Clarke........... Holmes
    .............. Magennis
    Like the look of this team - just wish we had a better option than Magennis.
  • Options
    Think ForeverAddickted has the line up right. Reckon we will have 30% possession and 50% of the goals, 1-1, magennis
  • Options
    Might have been mentioned already but KR has claimed we have another injury from someone that appeared against Portsmouth. My money is on Reeves
  • Options
    This is the CAS Trust view of the game

https://castrust.org/
  • Options
    Blackburn away in December? Not a favourite venue and with yet more injuries no chance of a good result. 3-0 Blackburn and a long trip home for the 500 or so faithful.
  • Options

Blackburn away in December? Not a favourite venue and with yet more injuries no chance of a good result. 3-0 Blackburn and a long trip home for the 500 or so faithful.

Bit of an optimistic figure even in my blinkered opinion.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!