Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will we make the play-offs

Comments

• Started the year: 50 points required from 23 games = 2.17ppg

Currently: 38 points from 18 games = 2.11ppg required

Achieved: 12 points from our first 5 games of this year = 2.40ppg obtained

We're ahead of the run rate... just have to keep it up for another 18 games. :-)
    12 points from 6 = 2.00 ppg

Required: 38 from 17 = 2.38 ppg

Unfortunately yesterday’s loss was a big blow and we’ve fallen behind the required rate with a tough run of fixtures coming up. We’re going to have to spring a few surprises to keep our season alive heading into March.

75 point target:

15 points from 7 in 2023 = 2.14ppg

35 required from 16 = 2.18ppg
    15/8 = 1.88ppg

35/15 = 2.33ppg
  • What’s that now? Just the 16 points off the play offs. Going backwards in that respect.
  • We are miles off a play off team 

just 16 points off 6th who have a game in hand on us 
    11 points from relegation 

history makers 
  • We aren’t even trying to anymore.
  • This thread should close, put to sleep, euthanised. It no longer serves a purpose. 
  • edited February 2023
    I went to both playoff games against Donny .. with high expectations …and we had a decent squad …. Now… not a chance 
  • I finally have gave up on expecting to finish in the playoffs sadly it's the same old same old 
  • No. When we played Bolton. We are gulfs apart. Also the top 5 teams are 100% are not going to drop out of the top 5, just a matter of what places they finally finish in.  There was only ever 1 place up for grabs and we are not even in the running. 
  • Sponsored links:

•  and for the second season running 75 points won’t be anywhere near enough to make the play offs 
  • Seriously this thread is taking the p!so.
    More chance of me winning the lottery 
  • Well if you check my comments on this thread at least I'm consistent!

We got schooled by a Derby team who were bankrupt and basically bought a team of free transfers.

We are SO far off top 6 it is embarrassing!
  • We are miles off a play off team 

just 16 points off 6th who have a game in hand on us 
    11 points from relegation 

history makers 
    16 points off 6th, who have a game in hand & better goal difference. Make that 20 points. 7 games.

Please mods close this thread. Utterly pointless. In fact, so pointless we'd win a game show because of it. 

• Started the year: 50 points required from 23 games = 2.17ppg

Currently: 38 points from 18 games = 2.11ppg required

Achieved: 12 points from our first 5 games of this year = 2.40ppg obtained

We're ahead of the run rate... just have to keep it up for another 18 games. :-)
    12 points from 6 = 2.00 ppg

Required: 38 from 17 = 2.38 ppg

Unfortunately yesterday’s loss was a big blow and we’ve fallen behind the required rate with a tough run of fixtures coming up. We’re going to have to spring a few surprises to keep our season alive heading into March.

75 point target:

15 points from 7 in 2023 = 2.14ppg

35 required from 16 = 2.18ppg
    15/8 = 1.88ppg

35/15 = 2.33ppg
    15/9 = 1.66ppg

35/14 = 2.5ppg
  • If we can just stay positive it might happen 
  • The gap is  is getting bigger each week, 17 points off 6th place now, 9 points off the drop 
  • 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Whilst it's still mathematically possible I'll keep believing. Just like I believe in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2023
    17 points isn't too far away. We can still do this 
  • We ain’t safe yet…. that’s all I say. 
  • Nailed on after todays game.
  • League 2 ones, next year?
  • League 2 ones, next year?
    We are 100/1 to go down - getting tempting, though I don't think we are quite awful enough for that to happen. Expect those odds to shorten though.
  • IdleHans said:
    League 2 ones, next year?
    We are 100/1 to go down - getting tempting, though I don't think we are quite awful enough for that to happen. Expect those odds to shorten though.
    Lose the next two, very possible, then it's Accrington at home, a must win by then.
  • Two more hard games, then a run of winnable games, all we got to do is win them 🤔
  • IdleHans said:
    That was the odds of us winning the League Cup this year after beating Brighton (but before getting Man Utd)!  
  • IdleHans said:
    Lose the next two, very possible, then it's Accrington at home, a must win by then.
    However winning those games does not mean play-offs are back on the cards!
  • This has really been an All or Nothing type season hasn't it (talking about play-offs one minute then relegation the next)