Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will we make the play-offs

Comments

• Options
    The reality is we were a mid table team at the beginning of the season after the August window shut and we are mid table team now the January window has shut.
    But with less senior players so step up the 'Youth' 

Our problem will be if we are hit by the mandatory injuries which never go away as the likes of Aneke, Sessegnon and Inniss seemed to have had issues since the day they signed.
    This is the most games we have ever had out of Ryan but his mistakes or suspensions are adding up.

If Leaburn, Dobson or Rak Sakyi miss games we could struggle to not finish in our lowest ever position.

What I don't understand is I know the Pope is Catholic, so why the constant reminder that we are 'Shit' ? I say mediocre!
    I know it, you know it, so why the fuck do posters constantly repeat their self's and get off on it ?

Years of mismanagement and losing good players and being replaced with inferior players gets us too where we are now.

Some young players coming through for a short while give hope before they have gone.

We have a slight hiccup of success in the great burp of underachievement.
  • Options
    The reality is we were a mid table team at the beginning of the season after the August window shut and we are mid table team now the January window has shut.
    But with less senior players so step up the 'Youth' 

Our problem will be if we are hit by the mandatory injuries which never go away as the likes of Aneke, Sessegnon and Inniss seemed to have had issues since the day they signed.
    This is the most games we have ever had out of Ryan but his mistakes or suspensions are adding up.

If Leaburn, Dobson or Rak Sakyi miss games we could struggle to not finish in our lowest ever position.

What I don't understand is I know the Pope is Catholic, so why the constant reminder that we are 'Shit' ? I say mediocre!
    I know it, you know it, so why the fuck do posters constantly repeat their self's and get off on it ?

Years of mismanagement and losing good players and being replaced with inferior players gets us too where we are now.

Some young players coming through for a short while give hope before they have gone.

We have a slight hiccup of success in the great burp of underachievement.
    You missed out turgid, dog shit and brain dead. 
  • Options
    Not this year.
    Without wholesale changes of ownership, corporate governance, senior management structure and not least the squad, there's no realistic prospect next season either.
  • Options
    I’m just trying to be the last post on this thread until everyone else lets it die peacefully 
  • Options
    I’m just trying to be the last post on this thread until everyone else lets it die peacefully 
    You've been usurped.  :)

• Options
    nope
  • Options
    No, now stop this nonsense children. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Started the year: 50 points required from 23 games = 2.17ppg

Currently: 38 points from 18 games = 2.11ppg required

Achieved: 12 points from our first 5 games of this year = 2.40ppg obtained

We're ahead of the run rate... just have to keep it up for another 18 games. :-)
    12 points from 6 = 2.00 ppg

Required: 38 from 17 = 2.38 ppg

Unfortunately yesterday’s loss was a big blow and we’ve fallen behind the required rate with a tough run of fixtures coming up. We’re going to have to spring a few surprises to keep our season alive heading into March.

75 point target:

15 points from 7 in 2023 = 2.14ppg

35 required from 16 = 2.18ppg
  • Options
    Please close this thread, if not now, in 3-4 games time minimum. The damage was down in H1 of the season. Recruitment more than management royally fcuked it up - AGAIN! Plymouth and others above us are proving it isn’t all about budget…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Until it's mathematically impossible I'll remain delusional. As an Addick it's the only way. Dream the impossible dream!!!  :p
  • Options
    Even if we did we're light years away from having a Championship playing  squad and club infrastructure.

The Valley is the only Championship level thing about the club at present and we rent that. I'd argue fanbase too but then you look at some big fanbase clubs down in this league like Derby, Sheff Wednesday etc.

Our current league position is an accurate reflection of where we're at as a club. 

A mid table 3rd division club. We'll remain that way (or worse) til Sandgaard jogs on and we get a sensible ownership, the latter of which also seems light years away.
  • Options
    we are further away from 6th place now than we were before our run of five wins in seven games started. So the answer is no.
  • Options
    The worst thing we could do now IMO, apart from getting relegated, is actually finish near the play offs. 
  • Options
    Until it's mathematically impossible I'll remain delusional. As an Addicks it's the only way. Dream the impossible dream!!!  :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrQoof1F2cQ
  • Options
    We’re floundering in a very mediocre eleventh plaice at the moment, but there’s really no point in carping on about it. We should just pray to cod that next season is batter. 

If that doesn’t close down this thread, nothing will. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Until it's mathematically impossible I'll remain delusional. As an Addicks it's the only way. Dream the impossible dream!!!  :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrQoof1F2cQ
    Love it!!!! Thanks @ScohamB)
  • Options
    Of the teams below us in the league this season we have taken 9 points from a possible 30 points from them.Four of those points came against Lincoln.
    Think about it  Accrington ,Cheltenham, 
    Fleetwood,Burton,Forest Green Rovers ,
    Cambridge and MK Dons none of whom we have as yet beaten this season we still have to play. That’s play off form 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Think Not.
    None of those games were under Holden though, which makes a big difference, as he's a more pragmatic manager than Garner.
    I don’t think he is - he seems to
    want to get the ball forward and score goals ..
  • Options
    If we get a couple of positive results from our next two this thread will be revived. It is surely what being a football fan is about to have hope beyond hope. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's killing the miniscule chance of us making the playoffs is that teams like Barnsley, Wycombe and Shrewsbury in 6th, 7th and 8th are on brilliant runs, so have actually pulled away from us despite us getting a respectable 9 points out of 15.

• Options
    What's killing the miniscule chance of us making the playoffs is that teams like Barnsley, Wycombe and Shrewsbury in 6th, 7th and 8th are on brilliant runs, so have actually pulled away from us despite us getting a respectable 9 points out of 15.

Nope it doesn’t matter what anyone else does 🙄
  • Options

What date are they counting that from? League one didn't have a world Cup break.

Shows we are capable of challenging but we can't waste the first few months of the season again like we did this season and last
  • Options
    “We’re still only six weeks in. The amount of games we’ve had and amount of off-pitch stuff that has happened makes it feel like a lot longer. But we’re only just getting started – it’s important to remember that.

Hope he does get longer
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Quote Dean Holden
    "You have to believe it, if you don’t believe it then you might as well give up now"
    C'mon Charlton!
  • Options

1% chance 
  • Options
    No. Close the thread.
  • Options
    It is looking that our season, in terms of having something to really play for, ended at Old Trafford...

It's not as if a good end to the season will carry momentum forward next season either, with the number of loanees and players on short term contracts we have.