Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This season is in serious danger of fizzling out (AGAIN)...

13»

Comments

• Options
    KR saying Fosu and Kashi out for one game more "max".

So all fears unfounded. Move on. No way will they be rushed back or get injured again.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Came into this thread a bit late but wish to add that we haven’t played well for the last 5 or 6 weeks......so a bit more than a blip I’d say.
  • Options
    On a positive note we've nearly got to Christmas before it fizzled out....
  • Options
    7-12th has always been where we are likely to be come May with the squad we have. Pray a miracle of no injuries and a bit of lady luck may have seen us top 6. We'd need that in bucket fulls now and a decent striker in the window - can't see either myself but we live in hope.......

The top sides have worked us out AND have the ability to snuff us out, less so for the bottom half even if they have probably worked us out they don't have the personnel necessary.

As Oh Ah says - 1% top 2, 15% 2-6th 60% 7-12th and 24% below 12th.
  • Options

We don't, imho, lack depth other than up front.

How many centre halves, how many midfielders, do we have? Plenty.

We do lack variation and some of the back up players especially Reeves haven't done it.

Injuries have hit hard but we are still able to put out a time of first teamers, not just kids.

I think it is Robinson's inflexibility that costs us. Kenny Jacket is a very good and very experienced coach. Of course he worked out a plan to stifle us. But did KR have a plan to overcome that?

No, he didn't.

He then brings on our in form striker and plays him wide when he has shown himself to be effective down the middle.

We went 442 late on but the subs were late and left KAG wide. The game just passes Reeves by.

And if you want to be really depressed look at KRs play-off record. If we fall behind in those games we have no chance of getting back into them as KR won't change things around decisively enough.

Nathan Jones, you've been gone too long.

this for me
  • Options
    I don't know about the season being in serious danger of fizzling out, because there's a long way to go yet, many twists and turns - favourites will implode and dark horses emerge.

But what worries me is that the team has already fizzled out.

We have been hard hit by injury to key players; returning players are unsurprisingly showing a lack of sharpness and match fitness; some players are struggling with form.

That's going to happen to most sides in League One over the course of a season - but it's already happened to us.

But the disturbing thing is that so many teams find it so easy to close us down.
    Whether we need a Plan B or whatever, Plan A isn't presently working either.

Back to the drawing board Karl, Jacko and Lee Bowyer.
    It's not really the defence that's the biggest problem - but lack of penetration is.

We need a new Plan A.