Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This season is in serious danger of fizzling out (AGAIN)...

Paper thin squad starting to show cracks again. Happens season after season.

We need reinforcements in key areas to give us a much needed boost but without new owners, I don't see any incoming transfers during the January window.

Sell the club Roland.

Comments

• Let’s hope a takeover happens or it’s going to be Groundhog Day again.
  • The fact that Robinson had to explain that the Academy didnt have better players than Best means we wont be buying another Striker in January

Might possibly see a loan or two coming in but wont make a difference

I said a few weeks ago that we needed to avoid being dragged into the tight battle that is mid-table (only six points separate 7th from 16th), I know we've got a game in hand yet that dangerously looks like it could happen - Worst thing is when your down in 16th you start to look behind you rather than in front which'll ruin confidence!!
  • Early on I was thinking this season's starting to shape up like the Parkinson season where he got us close but no cigar.

I'm downgrading this prophecy on a weekly basis at the moment. Mid table at best.
  • It's a shocker I know, but I think the clues were there from early pre-season.
  • Will have too much for relegation.
  • The target is sixth place. Top two well out of reach. As long as we get that sixth spot we have given ourselves a chance. We need players back and reinforcements in January. I would say playoffs are touch and go right now.
  • On the plus side its fizzing out a bit later than usual. We made it to December near the top but yes I get the feeling this season the squib of dampness is getting squibbier by the week.
  • Surprising post!
  • Sponsored links:

• Won't get out of this league without a more physical team and a better manager.

Won't get a better manager while the clowns are in charge.

The only good thing is the longer it goes on the more money Roland looses.
  • Won't get out of this league without a more physical team and a better manager.

Is that good? The more he loses the more he will want to recoup on a sale.
  • I fear that we are going to become the next Sheffield Utd.
    Just stagnating in League 1, for 6 or 7 seasons until a decent Manager turns up who knows how to get out of this god forsaken league.

Clearly Robinson has not got the tactical nous to turn things around. Every home game this season has been the same. Next to no shots on target and no plan B.

He persists with Magennis week after week when Magannis does fuck all.
    Why doesn’t he at least try 442 with KAG and Best. We couldn’t be any worse off.

This season is fast dying on its feet and Robinson hasn’t got a clue what to do about it.

I don’t think any manager could really succeed under this regime
    It’s a bit like sending an electrician into a house and asking him to rewire it with a fridge magnet.
  • Bottom line.

We will never be successful until Roland fucks off.

I like your style, Mr B !
  • Never fizzed in so cant fizz out.
  • It’s a season of 46 league matches spread over the August to May period. Every team will have one or two spells where they are not firing on all cylinders. We seem to have stumbled but are still 6th, with a 3 point cushion on the team below us and a game in hand. Our blip is occurring just before the January transfer window, probably the best time to have one because it focuses everybody’s attention on the always necessary requirement of bringing in one or two extra faces in January to freshen things up and strengthen the side where it’s needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s a season of 46 league matches spread over the August to May period. Every team will have one or two spells where they are not firing on all cylinders. We seem to have stumbled but are still 6th, with a 3 point cushion on the team below us and a game in hand. Our blip is occurring just before the January transfer window, probably the best time to have one because it focuses everybody’s attention on the always necessary requirement of bringing in one or two extra faces in January to freshen things up and strengthen the side where it’s needed.

You are right on the first part but not sure your last sentence holds much weight, not even Karl thinks that's likely reading between the lines of his latest interviews regarding the signing of Best. We will have better spells again and will be there or there abouts come the end of the season but it could be so much better with a bit more quality in depth.

This.
    How many times does it take for some people to understand that it will just be added to the Charlton debt pile !!.

This looks more than a blip to me.
    We have been pretty poor for weeks
    We’ve been missing the ‘backbone’ players like Pearce and BFG and Clarke whose presence and contribution enables the others to actually do their bit more effectively

We’ve been missing the ‘backbone’ players like Pearce and BFG and Clarke whose presence and contribution enables the others to actually do their bit more effectively
    I never Said we wasn't missing certain players, all teams get injuries btw .
    But this seems more than a blip to me.
    With Blackburn away up next our blip will probably continue
  • edited December 2017

Won't get out of this league without a more physical team and a better manager.

This.
    How many times does it take for some people to understand that it will just be added to the Charlton debt pile !!.
    I get the debt build up and I know it's not much more than pocket change but RD is as tight as old boots heavily strapped with duct / duck tape when it suits him. He wants out and I think we all agree he's already at an unrealistic level for the consideration price he wants.

I think he will bite the bullet sooner rather than later and try and comfort himself that he will write a future payback arrangement into the terms of sale if we reach the promised land under new owners.
  • We will be mid-table by the time we play Oldham on 6th Jan, we then play 3 teams where we should get points, but we will still be dilly-dallying about bringing in a striker and by the Oxford game on 3rd Feb we could be in the bottom half with no exciting additions to the squad.

In Feb, loads of talk from KR about getting players back from injury, and getting loan players in, and how we came so close to signing our targets in Jan but were let down by players/clubs/agents.

Average results in Feb mean we are still mid-table going into March, where we stage a mini revival and get within 4 or 5 points of the playoff zone.

April looks exciting, but Scunny/Pompey/Blackburn soon put paid to any challenge and we go to Rochdale on the final day trying to get a win for a top half finish for the season.

Fixtures come out on (approx) June 16th 2018 and Charlton start the new season at home to newly promoted Accrington in what is billed in the Sky TV trailers as "a match taking place somewhere".

Charlton adopt a new club song to replace the RRR - Let's Go Round Again by the Average White Band.

You were doing very well until you mentioned the strengthening of the team.

Couple of fresh faces in January and we will then push on.

Agreed, it’s not a blip.

As we have all known, as does KR, we lack a strength in depth in the squad.