Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017

How about Charlie Wyke from Bradford, at striker? 51 goals the last 115 or so matches, just 25 years old. Could he help us up front?

Apparently available for a price. That last part could be a sticking point for Roland.

Or Jamie Walker from Hearts? 22 years old. 15 goals as winger the last 12 months. Wigan might get for just £300k.

As I said we need a suggestions thread. Might start one.

[Edit: Might not start one.]

Had Best not injured his hamstring yesterday I'm quite sure Roland would have told Robinson 'he'll do for you'. Can't see him spending any real money on a striker when
    a. he's had enough
    b. he hates us

We do need a decent midfielder with a bit of menace. Perhaps we'll get one if Konsa is sold, and if we still have players injured. But perhaps not.

It's all a bit depressing.
  • Options
    Looking at that Simovic raises one question...

I thought we were looking for a Striker that is different to Magennis etc. and more for someone who'll be an upgrade on Dodoo?

He's scored some interesting goals in Sweden yet about 3.52 another of his team mates does what is possibly the slowest turn on the ball and the Defender just lets him do it - that aint gonna happen here, same with the ease that Simovic wins some headers... If he's 6.4ft then he's gonna be the same size as most Defenders at this level, and they aint going to simply let him flick on the ball without climbing all over him etc.
  • Options
    The lack of Squad depth at the moment would be mad to send Aribo or Ahearne-Grant out on loan
  • Options
    Someone in the know was telling me yesterday that we have apparently already signed a player from a northern club wef 1 January. He refused to reveal anymore.
  • Options

Someone in the know was telling me yesterday that we have apparently already signed a player from a northern club wef 1 January. He refused to reveal anymore.

Strange its not been announced then as we are allowed to
  • Options
    That Mkytarian at Man Utd is out of favour at the moment!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Niko Muir got another one for Hendon yesterday....

"Niko Muir had the ball with opposition players around him, but he left them standing to break into the box and fire a stunning strike into the roof of the net from an acute angle" (it's being talked about as one of Hendon's greatest goals in recent memory).

Really don't know if Charlton are looking at him seriously but a Charlton scout was in attendance a few weeks back (Muir only played the last 10 mins!) and one of the more connected Hendon supporters said Charlton were interested. Stoke and Wolves have been to watch several times.....and Mansfield were there yesterday too!
  • Options

The lack of Squad depth at the moment would be mad to send Aribo or Ahearne-Grant out on loan

Bound to happen then!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe he's expected to play the Christmas games for his existing club?

Surely best for everybody that no announcement is made yet?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

and if he does and gets seriously injured then the deals off you'd think. Plus can he play for them if he's already signed a contract elsewhere? I'd think not. As said if he's signed then announce it so it suggests he has'nt.
  • Options

May line up with Robbo's "can't wait until January" comments yesterday.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

and if he does and gets seriously injured then the deals off you'd think. Plus can he play for them if he's already signed a contract elsewhere? I'd think not. As said if he's signed then announce it so it suggests he has'nt.
    He can still play for them because he new contract wouldn't start until 1st Jan.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

He can still play for them because he new contract wouldn't start until 1st Jan.
    And if he does his ACL were are fucked?
  • Options
    I can't see Sheff Utd giving us Hanson or Donaldson after what happened with Holmes in the summer. Both would be great signings but Chris Wilder was pretty pissed off about how the situation with Holmes was managed so I imagine we're bottom of his list of teams to want to deal with going forward.
  • Options

I can't see Sheff Utd giving us Hanson or Donaldson after what happened with Holmes in the summer. Both would be great signings but Chris Wilder was pretty pissed off about how the situation with Holmes was managed so I imagine we're bottom of his list of teams to want to deal with going forward.

I don't see why Wilder should be pissed off. It was reported all along that Holmes wasn't for sale.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I reckon it's being kept quiet so Roland doesn't find out! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    We don't know that's exactly what happened though. Until recently the club apparently wasnt for sale. Wilder claims we gave a price & then changed it and strung them along all summer. Who knows what really happened.

All we know for sure in football is that both sides will always publically say what portrays them in the right light e.g. 'our owner is so wealthy we don't need to sell players'(Murray about RD) 'every time we changed manager it worked and improved our ranking' (one of KMs infamous nonsense statements), 'the club is not for sale', 'Roland watches every game' (but not when he's caught eating in a restaurant during the middle of a match)......I could go on but you get my point. I trust Wilder more than many of the current CAFC regime/staff to be honest.
  • Options
    A fewnames which have been linked with us before who have links with Robbo. Samir Carruthers has not played much for Sheffield United .

The MKD message board reckons Chuks Aneke is commuting there from London . Worth a bid following Clarke's injury ?

Lee Hodson was slated after his performance for Rangers yesterday , but hasn't featured much . Cover for Solly ?

Might Stephen Gleason fancy linking up with Robbo again in view of Birmingham's situation . Another who has spent much of the season on the bench .

• Options

Just like sending Hanlon and Umerah out when we only had one 'striker' at the club.

Fecklessness is their fortay.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Spent the whole of that talking like the Swedish Chef out of "The Muppets"...
  • Options
    Watched a bit of the 'Best of Izale McLeod' type video above ...... Robin Simovic certainly takes up some great positions, spirited and attacks the ball.

All against some Charlton type defending though.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Watched a bit of the 'Best of Izale McLeod' type video above ...... Robin Simovic certainly takes up some great positions, spirited and attacks the ball.

To be fair, you could watch most goals videos and not be impressed with the defending.

I see Dr Kish is saying JFC could be out for the season (unconfirmed).
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Oggy Red said:

To be fair, you could watch most goals videos and not be impressed with the defending.
    Yeah, of course.

I wasn't unimpressed with Simovic. He did score some cracking goals on that video - but I'm just your average jaded Charlton supporter, who over the years has watched these 'best of' videos and got excited that we're signing the best striker since Darren Bent ..... well, you'll know the rest!

• Options
    Shame. He started well there. Wycombe mates rate him highly. They said he had linked up well with Akinfenwa playing as a shadow striker. I think he is exactly what we could use if we want to go two up top.
  • Options
    People use the term "shadow striker" outside of FM?