Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options
    We will sign no one who who don’t already hold registration for and we will sell at least two

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Go make a sneaky loan offer for Phil Foden!!

Will fit with club policy to give fans; Premier League Stars of the Future
  • Options
    Fails the height test.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Walsall's Oztumer is the attacking midfielder we should go for.

Great player known as the Turkish Messi who at 26 is at the peak of his career. Would bring much needed goals and creativity to our squad.

Born in Greenwich & played for Charlton as a youngster.

Totally agree Eddie.

I was lucky enough to watch him play quite a bit for Dulwich and he remains THE best non-league player I've seen in the last few years. His movement is excellent and he has skill plus work rate. He can also finish a half chance. His lack of height (he's probably smaller than Da Silva) is almost an advantage and he has the ability to skip past people and stay on his feet.

I was crying out for us to sign him about 4-5 years ago. Not knocking the decision to let him go because it may well have helped his development to go to Turkey and then into non league with Gavin Rose at Dulwich. Every time he steps up a level he seems to adjust and make an impact.
  • Options

Walsall's Oztumer is the attacking midfielder we should go for.

Great player known as the Turkish Messi who at 26 is at the peak of his career. Would bring much needed goals and creativity to our squad.

Born in Greenwich & played for Charlton as a youngster.

Agreed he's one of the best at what he does at this level!!

Was also brilliant to see him trying to get involved in some altercation on Saturday when they played at Northampton; really does put his height into perspective, especially at this level
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    at what point will he realise that 'That’s where it might affect [our transfer plans] slightly' means that you won't be signing anyone and will actually be selling a couple?

• Options
    Would love Oztumber, could see us going for Aneke though. He'd add some height to the team too.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Charlton and QPR allegedly looking at Hendon striker Nico Muir. I know that Stoke and Wolves are definitely looking at him.

I saw him get another goal at Dorking last night. 24 goals in 32 games (all competitions).

Seen him play he is a very good player - but not sure he'd be so clinical at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Simonsen said:

Charlton and QPR allegedly looking at Hendon striker Nico Muir. I know that Stoke and Wolves are definitely looking at him.

I saw him get another goal at Dorking last night. 24 goals in 32 games (all competitions).

Seen him play he is a very good player - but not sure he'd be so clinical at this level.
    A goalscorer is a goalscorer. Ian Wright & Jamie Vardy proved that. I'd wager that if this Nico Muir signed & played the rest of the season he'd score more than KAG or Best or even Magennis. In other words, put either of those 3 in Hendons team & do you think they would have got over 20 goals so for this season ?
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Simonsen said:

A goalscorer is a goalscorer. Ian Wright & Jamie Vardy proved that. I'd wager that if this Nico Muir signed & played the rest of the season he'd score more than KAG or Best or even Magennis. In other words, put either of those 3 in Hendons team & do you think they would have got over 20 goals so for this season ?
    There are also lots of players who scored at a lower level but struggled higher up
    Chris Dickson for one.

There are probably others but he sticks out for obvious reasons.

BWP scored for fun in league 1 struggled 1 division up.

As for your 2nd point its impossible to know for sure, but i am sure Magennis and Best would score lots in non league
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Simonsen said:

Varney/Mccleod?
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Simonsen said:

Paul Benson was a goalscorer. Didn't make him good enough for us though.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Simonsen said:

Yes easily.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Simonsen said:

Alves, Kezman, Kuyt, DJ Campbell, Dwight Gayle, Ebanks-Blake, Huckerby, Cameron Jerome, van Woolfswinkel. That's just a handful and half of them are Norwich players.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Also, I think Fodden is a good shout, as is Oztumer is a good shout ad well. I feel like we were linked with him the summer before last. The question with Fodden would be is he ready for this level? But I think we would be a great place for him to get his feet wet and hopefully if most are fit he won't be relied on week in and week out. With Oztumer, and this is probably getting ahead of ourselves, but ideally we'd sign players who could make the step up to the Championship of we're promoted and I think that's a question mark for him.

I think Aneke would be a really good signing. He's more of an attacker than a striker, but can cover a lot of positions and has all the tools to be successful from what I've seen. He falls into the young, talented, and likely to improve category. I think the issue there is whether MK are willing to sell.
  • Options
    Lol, bless you golfie - never change. xx

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Also, I think Fodden is a good shout, as is Oztumer is a good shout ad well. I feel like we were linked with him the summer before last. The question with Fodden would be is he ready for this level? But I think we would be a great place for him to get his feet wet and hopefully if most are fit he won't be relied on week in and week out. With Oztumer, and this is probably getting ahead of ourselves, but ideally we'd sign players who could make the step up to the Championship of we're promoted and I think that's a question mark for him.

I think Aneke would be a really good signing. He's more of an attacker than a striker, but can cover a lot of positions and has all the tools to be successful from what I've seen. He falls into the young, talented, and likely to improve category. I think the issue there is whether MK are willing to sell.

To be honest Id be shocked if City loan him out... He's very slowly getting involved in the First Team with more and more as Guardiola exposes him to that level.

I wouldnt be surprised if he was called up by England to the Senior Squad for the March friendlies.

Be mad not to have him training with them like how Jay Dasilva did
  • Options
    No chance of us getting Foden, he's in the 1st team squad at the moment, and at his stage another 6 months of Pep's genius would be far more beneficial to him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I notice Matty Taylor (the Bristol City ex Rovers striker) is hardly playing, he might be worth a punt?
  • Options
    Came on as sub in last night's win over Man Utd.
  • Options
    It will be loans only. Why would he want to give Robinson funds to spend when it's likely he will sell up before the start of next season.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

It will be loans only. Why would he want to give Robinson funds to spend when it's likely he will sell up before the start of next season.

1) because the money may come from player sales (Konsa ?)

2) because its not his money - he'll probably just put it on the clubs debt.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I'm convinced Oztumer can play a higher level.
  • Options
    Nico Muir has been hot for the last season and a half. He left Hendon after 11 goals half way through last season in a terrible team to join Leiston and got goals there too. He came back to Hendon at the start of this season and hasn't had a dry spell yet. His all round game has been good. He runs the channels really well, plays on the last man and gets a lot of chances. He doesn't score with his head though. We believe he's moving in January but the question is where?
  • Options
    I think we need a Rumours thread, and a Suggestions thread.
    Could add players to the latter after watching them run rings round us.
  • Options
    Not Charlton related, but if these rumours are true, the world has truly gone mad.
    Everton boss Sam Allardyce wants to make Crystal Palace centre-back James Tomkins, 28, his first signing in a potential £20m deal. (Sun)

Alternatively, Sunderland centre-back Lamine Kone could be set for a reunion with former manager Allardyce with Everton interested in a £10m January move. (Mirror)

West Ham are preparing a £20m bid for Swansea's 23-year-old centre-back Alfie Mawson. (Guardian)
  • Options
    Charlton to miss out on all of their targets as time runs out :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    How about Charlie Wyke from Bradford, at striker? 51 goals the last 115 or so matches, just 25 years old. Could he help us up front?

Apparently available for a price. That last part could be a sticking point for Roland.

Or Jamie Walker from Hearts? 22 years old. 15 goals as winger the last 12 months. Wigan might get for just £300k.