Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• Options

How about Charlie Wyke from Bradford, at striker? 51 goals the last 115 or so matches, just 25 years old. Could he help us up front?

Apparently available for a price. That last part could be a sticking point for Roland.

Or Jamie Walker from Hearts? 22 years old. 15 goals as winger the last 12 months. Wigan might get for just £300k.

No point in signing Wyke. He scores goals, we like strikers that don’t.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to Jan 2nd more than I am Dec 25th. It will be so much fun seeing who we are linked with & eventually don't sign. So far KR has says that the striker will be 6ft & currently scoring & in form.
  • Options

So far KR has says that the striker will be 6ft & currently scoring & in form.

Don't worry, Golfie. Soon knock that out of him.

Charlton eyes.

• Options
    I’ve heard a rumour that @AFKABartram is slightly worse for wear in Rose of Denmark right now.
  • Options

I’ve heard a rumour that @AFKABartram is slightly worse for wear in Rose of Denmark right now.

Confirmed
  • Options
    Listening to the commentary today 26 year old Swedish striker Robin Simović was mentioned. He is currently playing in the J-League for Nagoya Grampus 8. Other than that I know absolutely nothing about him.
  • Options

Listening to the commentary today 26 year old Swedish striker Robin Simović was mentioned. He is currently playing in the J-League for Nagoya Grampus 8. Other than that I know absolutely nothing about him.

He 6' 6" so just about passes the height test
  • Options

To confirm, this was tweeted to us rather than “inside knowledge” - just seemed a bit random not to mention it!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    We were promised the club would 'have a right go' if we were in contention Golfie. I'm sure they wont let us down! ;-)

Joking aside, I can see a few people being available this window I.e. Doyle, Kieffer Moore, Godden (Stevenage are going nowhere), Mavididi (can't get a game) etc, so options are there.

With Roland looking to sell though I can't see Karl being allowed to do more than reallocate Dodoo's (& maybe Best's) wages on another loan signing or two (even if Konsa goes). Hopefully I'm proved wrong. We do desperately need players at the start of Jan to prevent another season fading away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How about Charlie Wyke from Bradford, at striker? 51 goals the last 115 or so matches, just 25 years old. Could he help us up front?

Apparently available for a price. That last part could be a sticking point for Roland.

Or Jamie Walker from Hearts? 22 years old. 15 goals as winger the last 12 months. Wigan might get for just £300k.

Two decent suggestions there. I'd also like to see us go in for Oztumer and that Shrewsbury full back.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I signed him for us on FM a few years back. I'm weird enough to remember he was 6 ft 6 before reading Henry's post.

If true it suggests we're looking abroad which is good to see.

• Options
    Wasn't Wyke lined up as the replacement for Hanlon who went to Sheff Utd. Can't see them letting him go as they sit above us and we have been a rival thus far.
  • Options

A freakishly tall Scandinavian striker. That worked so well for us last time..
  • Options

Who did you have in mind Oostergard or Pringle?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Mak the Viking.

• Options

shirty5 said:

It will be loans only. Why would he want to give Robinson funds to spend when it's likely he will sell up before the start of next season.

1) because the money may come from player sales (Konsa ?)

2) because its not his money - he'll probably just put it on the clubs debt.
    You know the score with the Belgians, yet you come out with optimism like this.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

RedChaser said:

Mak the Viking.

Ah yes, how could I possibly forget Big Mak :wink:
  • Options

SPL is not very challenging so this would be a gamble, although Magennis has been a relative success.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

SDAddick said:

Also, I think Fodden is a good shout, as is Oztumer is a good shout ad well. I feel like we were linked with him the summer before last. The question with Fodden would be is he ready for this level? But I think we would be a great place for him to get his feet wet and hopefully if most are fit he won't be relied on week in and week out. With Oztumer, and this is probably getting ahead of ourselves, but ideally we'd sign players who could make the step up to the Championship of we're promoted and I think that's a question mark for him.

I think Aneke would be a really good signing. He's more of an attacker than a striker, but can cover a lot of positions and has all the tools to be successful from what I've seen. He falls into the young, talented, and likely to improve category. I think the issue there is whether MK are willing to sell.

I'm convinced Oztumer can play a higher level.
    Would need to be on a ladder, he’s about 5ft 4.
    Shorter than me then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No point in signing Wyke. He scores goals, we like strikers that don’t.
    Lol
  • Options

We were promised the club would 'have a right go' if we were in contention Golfie. I'm sure they wont let us down! ;-)

Joking aside, I can see a few people being available this window I.e. Doyle, Kieffer Moore, Godden (Stevenage are going nowhere), Mavididi (can't get a game) etc, so options are there.

With Roland looking to sell though I can't see Karl being allowed to do more than reallocate Dodoo's (& maybe Best's) wages on another loan signing or two (even if Konsa goes). Hopefully I'm proved wrong. We do desperately need players at the start of Jan to prevent another season fading away.

I disagree on "another season fading away".

We won 4 of our last 5 last season. It gave me so much hope.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Mattie Svensson, Elfsborg's finest.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Wasn't Wyke lined up as the replacement for Hanlon who went to Sheff Utd. Can't see them letting him go as they sit above us and we have been a rival thus far.

Every player has their price. Bradford sold their striker to Sheff U last January...
  • Options

I disagree on "another season fading away".

We won 4 of our last 5 last season. It gave me so much hope.
    Subtle, 'You cannot be Serious'..........because you're Elfs :wink:
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Every player has their price. Bradford sold their striker to Sheff U last January...
    A 29 year old striker with 4 goals, not exactly their star player scoring regularly.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=51744&season_id=149
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Confirmed
    WOTSITS
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Scoham said:

RedChaser said:

A 29 year old striker with 4 goals, not exactly their star player scoring regularly.

But he was a pretty important part of their team before being sold AFAIK. Agree that they got a nice upgrade in Wyke but they didn't know that he would make the step up from League 2 at the time.
  • Options

Scoham said:

RedChaser said:

But he was a pretty important part of their team before being sold AFAIK. Agree that they got a nice upgrade in Wyke but they didn't know that he would make the step up from League 2 at the time.
    Maybe they planned ahead and targeted him to replace for Hanson...
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

RedChaser said:

Maybe they planned ahead and targeted him to replace for Hanson...
    Impossible! No football club plans for the future...