Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Rochdale - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Need to get Bauer on at halftime to steady the ship at the back.
  • Options

Dunno at the back were not too bad... Its when we have the ball thats more of an issue
  • Options

Chaotic defending they hit the pist

Probably are pissed!
  • Options
    22. A Charlton corner is headed away by Andrew. The ball comes back in, Lillis gets it before being fouled and Dale have a free-kick #RAFC
  • Options

Probably are pissed!
    Wish I was!
  • Options
    Down to 6th, Blackburn winning easily
  • Options

Probably are pissed!
    Wish I was!
    Plenty of time, to get the beers in!!
  • Options
    Posted at
    23'
    Hand ball by Ricky Holmes (Charlton Athletic).
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Plan A isn’t working. What’s plan b? Fucking midfield is non existent.
  • Options
    We are defending like the keystone cops
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Konsa / Ssrr combo doesn't sound too great or is it lack of cover in front of them?
  • Options
    Know he's done well of late yet Naby Sarr is the only player coming out of this Half with any credit at the moment
  • Options

Dunno at the back were not too bad... Its when we have the ball thats more of an issue
    I think Konsa and Sarr look rattled by a goal again, same as Saturday. Both were rooted to the spot to just watch Andrews flick it on. DaSilva let it bounce and Amos came and with a mis up Done (I think it was) poked it past both.

Bauer must not be fully fit. I think both Konsa and Sarr have fantastic potential, but both can get rattled, as we saw on Saturday--though it should be noted both have come on leaps and bounds. I really think Bauer brings a real consistency. and calmness to that backline.
  • Options
    26. Another chance for Dale. This time, Andrew heads over the bar #RAFC
  • Options
    26' Andrew meets a Donervon cross with a header that sails over. Charlton haven't got going yet. #cafc
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    RedChaser said:

The Konsa / Ssrr combo doesn't sound too great or is it lack of cover in front of them?

Cover in front of them is no different to the Bauer / Pearce combo
  • Options
    Dale are doubling up on most of our players. Sarr is not the greatest with cross field balls.
  • Options
    Whistles and jeers from the crowd as we work the ball between the center backs and Kashi. Bizarre.
  • Options
    We are fucking shit
  • Options
    Next crowd surge on hold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Plan A isn’t working. What’s plan b? Fucking midfield is non existent.

Plan B? Plan B?........

Plan B eh? Er, yes, of course there's a Plan B.

(Pssst. JJ wha' da fooks a Plan B?)
  • Options
    Posted at
    26'
    Ricky Holmes (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
  • Options
    Posted at
    28'
    Jay Dasilva (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
    Posted at
    28'
    Foul by Matt Done (Rochdale).
  • Options
    29. Free-kick to Charlton. It's on the right, midway inside the Dale half. It's sent into the area and headed away by Andrew #RAFC
  • Options
    30' Great defensive header from Rochdale's Jim McNulty to glance away a dangerous Marshall cross. 0-1. #cafc
  • Options
    It’s getting better, we just completed 3 passes.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Kind of all of the above. For the goal Kashi was caught upfield pressing. Solly was a bit slow to close down the crosser. Basically, everyone was about half a yard slow. They're both really good (in different ways) with the ball at their feet, and that can be useful again sides looking to sit deep and make us break them down. But they're just lack that little bit of experience. They look a little naive about when to close and when to drop off, when to step up and hold the line, etc.
  • Options
    31'
    Ricky Holmes (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
    Posted at
    31'
    Foul by Callum Camps (Rochdale).
  • Options
    32' Close! Reeves shoots from the edge of the box but Rathbone throws himself in the way of it to make a great block. Corner... #cafc
  • Options
    32' Corner comes in, Sarr meets it an Lillis saves. 0-1. #cafc
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!