Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

La Liga 2017-2018

Comments

• Options
    Athletic Bilbao v Deportivo La Coruna 2-3
  • Options
    SD Eibar v Deportivo Alaves 0-1
  • Options
    Copa del Rey just about to kick off here in Madrid at the Wanda Metropolitano between Barcelona and Sevilla. Hoping Sevilla can give Barcelona a good game as they already have the league pretty much wrapped up and Spanish football needs some different winners of competitions, but imagine Barcelona will win the Cup tonight.
  • Options

Copa del Rey just about to kick off here in Madrid at the Wanda Metropolitano between Barcelona and Sevilla. Hoping Sevilla can give Barcelona a good game as they already have the league pretty much wrapped up and Spanish football needs some different winners of competitions, but imagine Barcelona will win the Cup tonight.

It is on SkySp Mix (Channel 121) if anyone is wondering.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Barca fans whistling and booing through the national anthem matched by the Sevilla fans singing it in full voice! Always a political dimension with Barcelona playing in Madrid.
  • Options

That was easy for Barca
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    So one sided. Barcelona have now won the last Copa del Reys and Spanish football could do with some different winners of this and the league to break the monopoly. Unfortunately it looks like Barca and Real have it tied up still with Atletico the only club being able to offer any resistance.
  • Options
    Messi Hattrick tonight

Barca Champions
  • Options
    Deportivo relegated, along with Las Palmas and Malaga.
  • Options

Deportivo relegated, along with Las Palmas and Malaga.

You must be happy though mate, looks like Rayo are coming back up.

Thanks to Charlton's late play-off surge I've just had to reluctantly cancel a two week Spanish football marathon that I planned in January.

Was looking forward to Villarreal vs Valencia and Elche vs Hercules next weekend, and Betis v Sevilla, Almeria vs Granada and Cadiz v Zaragoza the following weekend (fixture schedule permitting).

Will reschedule for next season, but particularly disappointed to miss the Seville derby given that Betis are about to finish above Sevilla for the first time in ages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky Sports have lost the rights for La Liga

Eleven Sports (run by the Leeds owner) have won the rights for the next 3 seasons.

Not confirmed if they will be launching their own channel, selling to BT or maybe setting up an internet streaming service.
  • Options
    Well if they expect people to pay extra for a subscription just to watch la liga, then they won't be around for very long
  • Options

Well if they expect people to pay extra for a subscription just to watch la liga, then they won't be around for very long

I read that someone has to pay £154 a year currently for the channel Eleven sports, doesn't make sense but then again BT started from somewhere. I barely watch it on sky sports as it is.
  • Options
    The prices back home are a joke.

Here in the middle east i pay the equivalent of just under 20 quid a month for Bein sports. They have all premier league football, english cup football, french, german, italian and spanish games plus some dutch. All champions league and europa league games, plus Asian champions league and league games from Qatar. They also have F1, the tennis majors, NBA, NFL and test cricket and that's just what springs to mind. I'm sure there's more as they have about 22 channels.
  • Options
    Exciting Sevillian derby this afternoon, both sides into next season's Europa League, would love to see them meet in the latter stages of the tournament.

Real Madrid looking very impressive so far this evening, more of the same against the Scousers in a couple of weeks please.
  • Options

C’mom Levante
  • Options
    edited May 2018

C’mom Levante

Some game m, 5-3 now...Coutinho hat trick
  • Options
    Levante were 5-1 ahead
  • Options
    5-4
  • Options
    Two goals for Fernando Torres in his last game for Atletico with a brilliant tribute to him from the fans in the Metropolitano. Atletico finished above Real to be the best team in Madrid this year, at least pending the result of the Champions League final!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With the last five Champions League wins going to Spanish teams, Spain are in the greatest period of dominance in the competition since England's run of six in the late 70s/early 80s. Does this mean the Spanish league is clearly the best in Europe or have their teams got lucky in the European competitions? Added to this Atletico Madrid's Europa Cup after Sevilla's recent three in a row it definitely feels like a golden age.

However the Real Madrid team doesn't feel like a great team and only finished third in the league this year. Barcelona disappointed in Europe as well. Will Spain's cycle of dominance come to an end and if so which country will see success?
  • Options

Can’t believe you’ve ignored Rayo Vallecano’s promotion @charltonMadrid

Real were fortuitous, the league positions back this up
    Who’ll replace them some club with lots of money
  • Options
    9 out of the last 10 Champions Leagues and Europa Leagues have been won by a Spanish side, Man Utd winning the Europa League being the only non Spanish winner
  • Options
    Ah yes - brilliant for Rayo! Five Madrid teams in La Liga next year so will get to see lots of top league action here :)
  • Options

Do you know when Rayos stand will be built/ finished?

On a side note, see work will recommence on the new Valencia ground with a view to finish by 2021, although not much leeway as demolition would have to commence in 2022
  • Options
    Rayo seem to have perennial money problems and their offices got burgled the day of their promotion with the culprits taking thousands of euros so I wouldn't expect there will be much investment at any point soon. One end behind the goal is just a wall as it is right up against blocks of flats. It's a brilliantly anarchic place, the perfect antidote to the snooty and touristy Bernabeu.
  • Options
    Antoine Griezmann has a TV special tonight called 'La Decision' to announce what he's doing next year. So appallingly cringey.

Did think he was off to Barca but presume this means he's going to stay at Atletico, but why make such a big faff about not moving anywhere? If he is off to Barca, then if I was Atletico I'd announce it early just to ruin his TV spot thing.
  • Options

Antoine Griezmann has a TV special tonight called 'La Decision' to announce what he's doing next year. So appallingly cringey.

Did think he was off to Barca but presume this means he's going to stay at Atletico, but why make such a big faff about not moving anywhere? If he is off to Barca, then if I was Atletico I'd announce it early just to ruin his TV spot thing.

The 'trailer' for this is so cringeworthy - no idea what he's thinking. Shame because he's a great player.
  • Options
    It's just a re-run of LeBron James' stunt when he did the same thing a few years back. Cringe worthy, and not even original
  • Options
    Next season's fixtures out today. If you're desperately bored, you can watch the draw live on the La Liga website - they're about an hour and 20 minutes in so far, and still don't seem to have drawn out any fixtures.