Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

La Liga 2017-2018

Comments

• Options
    Atletico taking a long time to settle into their new stadium, which is miles away from their traditional heartland and is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Stadium looks amazing but they seem to have lost the intensity of the brilliant Vicente Calderon.

Griezmann looks like he has already made his mind up that he's leaving and Diego Costa can't play until January. Difficult season for them so far and at some point Simeone will decide it's time for him to move on.
  • Options
    Another excellent win for Valencia. Should be quite a game against Barcelona next week.

Good win for Malaga as well, demonstrating why we can't presume that Palace are already dead and buried.
  • Options
    Valencia at home to Barcelona tonight: really hoping they can beat Barca and close the gap to one point. La Liga needs another team in the mix to break up the monopoly of the big three.
  • Options
    Looking forward to tonight's game . Hopefully a thriller
  • Options
    Noooooooooo

Come on Barca 30 minutes to turn it around
  • Options
    Shocking that Messi's goal wasn't given in the first half . So clearly over the line
  • Options
    What a finish from a left back
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Get in there Jordi boy

ForçaBarça
  • Options
    What a chance Zaza last kick of the game
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

What a finish from a left back

Used to play for Valencia as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good game that. Valencia look very confident at times. Off to Barca v Celta Vigo on Saturday . Can't wait
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Good game that. Valencia look very confident at times. Off to Barca v Celta Vigo on Saturday . Can't wait

Still got your Bilbao programme / newspaper type thingy!
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Oh yeah mate I forgot about that! You gonna be about Tuesday or for the Pompey game ?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Oh yeah mate I forgot about that! You gonna be about Tuesday or for the Pompey game ?
    Portsmouth better for me. I’ll send you an inbox beforehand.
  • Options
    Shame Valencia didn't get the three points but great to see the league getting closer again after it looked like Barcelona were going to walk away with it a few weeks ago.

Great result for Sevilla as well after Berizzo's awful diagnosis this week. Lots of support for him from the whole football community here, including some lovely banners of well wishing at their arch-rivals Real Betis.
  • Options
    Copa del Rey second leg tonight (Spain's equivalent of the FA cup) with amongst other games Real Madrid up against Madrid minnows Fuenlabrada from the third division. Real two nil up from the first leg so should get through but a great occasion at the Bernabeu for the Fuenlabrada players. On Saturday they played in the third division against Real's B team and today they face the full team and European champions.

Real did get knocked out at this level a few years ago...by our mates Alcorcon.
  • Options
    Barcelona dropped points today with 2-2 draw at home to Celta Vigo, giving Valencia the chance of closing the gap tomorrow. Wins for Atletico and Real tonight could make it a much closer title race than it was looking a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyable game earlier . Vigo played really well and could of quite easily nicked it . Barca had a lot of chances also , hitting the post twice . Could of ended 5-5. Excellent game though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dmitrovic was man of the match in Eibar's 0-0 yesterday against Getafe and made a crucial save in the 94th minute.

Valencia's 2-1 win over Celta Vigo keeps the pressure on Barcelona, who play Villareal tonight and are two points ahead at the top before they kick off.
  • Options
    Fancy Barca to drop some points tonight. Atletico ticking along nicely in the background, still unbeaten. Could be an exciting title race if Valencia can keep the pressure on as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Valencia lost yesterday, their second defeat in three games and this time against Eibar, so looks like they won't be challenging Barcelona for the title.

Atletico won and are now up to second. Have probably drawn too many this season to really push Barca, but with El clasico at the Bernabeu next week they will be able to capitalise on any Barca slip ups, especially with Diego Costa waiting in the wings. Will be interesting to see how Atletico approach the Europa league though as they haven't got the biggest squad.

Planning to get to the new stadium soon : tickets have been pretty expensive so far and it is a right trek to get to but it looks amazing. Hoping they've still got at least some of the atmosphere of the Calderon - it was superb there even if it was falling apart.
  • Options
    Considering the size of the club and they only get average crowds of 5k, Eibar are doing amazingly well to be sitting in 7th
  • Options
    Deportivo visiting the Camp Nou tonight. I won't be going as a) I can't afford the prices and b) I'll be at the cinema watching Murder on the Orient Express, but I am confidently expecting a thrashing. Still, the old hopes never die and you like to think Depor have the players to score a goal somewhere, so if the Barcelona team, who have players enough to score a hatfull, obligingly misfire tonight, we might come away with a draw. It would make up a bit for yesterdays defeat at Ewood.
  • Options
    Off to Seville next month the weekend that Betis host Barcelona. Anyone been or got any tips on where or how to get tickets. Tried via their website but doesn't show any option of finding tickets and viagogo are £150+ . Don't mind paying a bit but certainly not that much . Will it sell out?

@CharltonMadrid have you been here mate and if so what was you're experience like?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    cafc4life said:

Off to Seville next month the weekend that Betis host Barcelona. Anyone been or got any tips on where or how to get tickets. Tried via their website but doesn't show any option of finding tickets and viagogo are £150+ . Don't mind paying a bit but certainly not that much . Will it sell out?

@CharltonMadrid have you been here mate and if so what was you're experience like?

Went to Betis vs Eibar when I was in Sevilla a couple of years and got the tickets from the ground before kickoff as knew there was no way it would sell out - Barcelona will be completely different though and could well sell out.

Never used viagogo or any websites like that as normally just get tickets from grounds on the day but reckon official website probably best bet to be safe. The game's probably not on official sale yet which is why the unofficial sites are offering tickets at an inflated price. So, it's either keep an eye on the official site and get them for €50 or so or go down the unofficial route. The tickets will go to members first on official site and it may even be members only. I'll keep an eye on the site as well for you.

Sevilla is an absolutely superb city and you'll have a great time. Good time of the year to go as well.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Went to Betis vs Eibar when I was in Sevill a a couple of years and got the tickets from the ground before kickoff as knew there was no way it would sell out - Barcelona will be completely different though and could well sell out.

Never used viagogo or any websites like that as normally just get tickets from grounds on the day but reckon official website probably best bet to be safe. The game's probably not on official sale yet which is why the unofficial sites are offering tickets at an inflated price. So, it's either keep an eye on the official site and get them for €50 or so or go down the unofficial route. The tickets will go to members first on official site and it may even be members only. I'll keep an eye on the site as well for you.

Sevilla is an absolutely superb city and you'll have a great time. Good time of the year to go as well.
    Thanks mate I appreciate your quick response ! I will keep an eye too and just hope for the best I guess. Heard lots of good things about the city so really looking forward to it
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Went to Betis vs Eibar when I was in Sevill a a couple of years and got the tickets from the ground before kickoff as knew there was no way it would sell out - Barcelona will be completely different though and could well sell out.

Thanks mate I appreciate your quick response ! I will keep an eye too and just hope for the best I guess. Heard lots of good things about the city so really looking forward to it
    Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Return of Diego Costa for Atletico Madrid tonight, in the Copa del Rey against Lleida. He was a real force of nature for Atleti before and instrumental in their success of recent years so will have a great effect on the team. Can't wait to see him reignite his feud with Sergio Ramos when they play as well: both are supreme pantomime villains.