Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

La Liga 2017-2018

Comments

• Does Cadiz's tie with Sevilla generate much interest over there @CharltonMadrid ? Local derby of sorts, 2nd in Segunda vs 5th in the top flight, and Cadiz knocked out Betis in the last round.

Sounds like a big deal on paper, but I know the cup isn't really a priority over there, and I guess Sevilla will have half an eye on Saturday evening.
  • I keep a close eye on Cadiz as my brother lives there and it is a huge game for them. Doing well in the league also so I reckon they've got a good chance.
  • Diego Costa came on a sub for the last half an hour and scored on his second debut for Atletico in a four nil win. Griezmann and Fernando Torres also scored - impressive firepower for Atletico now.
  • Diego Costa came on a sub for the last half an hour and scored on his second debut for Atletico in a four nil win. Griezmann and Fernando Torres also scored - impressive firepower for Atletico now.

If Chelsea still had Costa they would be a lot closer to Man City this season. Morrata was complete shit tonight as he has been in a lot of games this season.
  • Costa is hilarious.

His return la liga debut for Atletico.

Booked for an elbow. Scores a goal. Celebrates with the crowd and gets sent off.
  • Just seen that - he can't help himself! The fans love him though and he'll be great for Atletico.
  • Dembele getting back fit
    Messi
    Suarez
    Coutinho

Give barca the title now

ForçaBarça
  • Brilliant Sevillano derby, and deserved 5-3 victory for Betis, who looked like the side that started the season so well.

Went last year and got a drab 1-0. Planning to go to the return at Betis in May. Another 8-goal thriller would be nice.
  • What an excellent game. Really hope I manage to get tickets for the Barca game in 2 weeks
  • cafc4life said:

What an excellent game. Really hope I manage to get tickets for the Barca game in 2 weeks

Think you can buy them now mate - https://ticketbetis.realbetisbalompie.es/realbetisbalompie_web/es_ES/entradas/evento/10096

• Sponsored links:

• Barcelona now 16 points above Madrid after the drew today and Barca won

Ronaldo 13 games 4 goals 2 assists
    Messi 18 Games 16 goals 7 assists
  • Was hoping that Atletico or Valencia could push Barcelona this year but they're just not consistent enough and Barca aren't going to drop many points now, especially with the addition of Coutinho.

Real Madrid look well off the pace after last year's impressive double and, despite all his achievements in his short time there, Zidane could get the boot. Surely that will be harsh?

• Real Madrid look well off the pace after last year's impressive double and, despite all his achievements in his short time there, Zidane could get the boot. Surely that will be harsh?

Watched the 2 Super Cup games at the start of the season, huge gulf in class between Real and Barca, in Real's favour. Difficult to comprehend how they're now 16 points off the pace. Think Zidane is entitled to an iffy season after 2 consecutive Champions League titles (plus a fair few other bits and pieces), that doesn't seem to be how football works these days though.

Be interesting to see what they do this transfer window, they're in desperate need of a general freshen up.

• edited January 2018
    Home defeat for Real Madrid this afternoon against Villarreal leaves them in fourth and a huge sixteen points behind Barcelona, who are playing tomorrow. Villarreal and Sevilla are just behind them as well so it could get worse.

Despite his legend status I really wouldn't be surprised if Zidane was to go now, maybe 'moved upstairs' as an act of goodwill to his reputation. Pochettino is very highly thought of here and would be top of the list to be next Real manager.
  • Real Sociedad 2-0 Barcelona after 34 minutes
    Real Sociedad 2-3 Barcelons after 72 minutes

True Champions
    ForçaBarça
  • That free kick from Messi was a joke
  • So we are in January and Madrid closer to relegation than champions;
    Real Madrid
    16 points above relegation zone
    19 points behind top
  • Any particular reason for the Barca love, Paulie?
  • edited January 2018

Any particular reason for the Barca love, Paulie?

Messi
    There style of football drew me in
    When playing fifa me and @stackitsteve when we played La Liga he was always Real I was always Barca

The usual reasons really, oh and a hatred for Jose and Ronaldo
  • Home defeat for Real Madrid this afternoon against Villarreal leaves them in fourth and a huge sixteen points behind Barcelona, who are playing tomorrow. Villarreal and Sevilla are just behind them as well so it could get worse.

Despite his legend status I really wouldn't be surprised if Zidane was to go now, maybe 'moved upstairs' as an act of goodwill to his reputation. Pochettino is very highly thought of here and would be top of the list to be next Real manager.

Had a couple of quid on Villarreal at 10/1 yesterday, wish I'd trusted my instincts and put a bit more in, wasn't at all surprised at that result.

Been to see them a few times, great little club that feels like it has a bit in common with what Charlton used to be like when we were a model example of how a football club should be run.

Bizarre goings on at Madrid. Not a fan of sacking managers for the sake of it (unless it's Robinson). I think they should stick with Zidane and back him in the transfer market. Their squad is stale - Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric and Benzema all into their thirties but nobody challenging for their shirts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Asensio looked outstanding in spanish super cup, thought he was gonna break through and have great season, but he seems to have stalled abit
  • Asensio looked outstanding in spanish super cup, thought he was gonna break through and have great season, but he seems to have stalled abit

Yeah I watched the two Super Cup games, still can't get my head round how the season's turned out since.
  • Sky reporting that Real are willing to listen to offers for Ronaldo. Asking price of £89million apparently, which seems outrageous for a 32 year old, particularly as he's been crap this season.
  • 89 million for him is far too high given that he's 33 in a few weeks time. Also when you add his astronomical wages on top you'll probably be looking at over 200m for a 3 year deal. Probably find a chinese club to pay it though!!

Or maybe PSG if Real decide to go for Neymar in the summer. Ronaldo and his ego would probably be quite up for scoring 50 goals and strolling it in the french league.
  • Off to Betis v Barca tomorrow. Cannot wait
  • cafc4life said:

Off to Betis v Barca tomorrow. Cannot wait

Have a good one! When I saw a game there a couple of years ago they had a band on in the car park playing before kick off as well as some beer tents. Great atmosphere and fans, and Sevilla is a brilliant city.
  • cafc4life said:

Off to Betis v Barca tomorrow. Cannot wait

Have a good one! When I saw a game there a couple of years ago they had a band on in the car park playing before kick off as well as some beer tents. Great atmosphere and fans, and Sevilla is a brilliant city.
    Cheers! Very much enjoying the city so far. Weather is excellent considering it's January
  • Excellent second half from Barcelona . Great atmosphere in the ground , really enjoyed it. Would definitely go back
  • Zidane has lost the plot. Resting players in a competition they can win to save them for a league game at the weekend when they're well out of the title race. That said, they should still have been able to easily beat a side who are 13th in the table over 2 legs.

Remarkable how quickly it's turned bad for them, as after winning the league and CL, and having a number of Spain's most talented youngsters (Asensio, Ceballos, Vallejo, Llorente etc and the french kid Theo) i thought they looked set to dominate for a few years.

Everything rests on the champions league for them now, but given how bad they've looked defensively in the past few weeks, PSG could easily destroy them.