Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walsall vs Charlton: post match views

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2017
    My first game of the season so difficult to compare with other games. It was good to see the ball being played on the floor and we had a great 30 minutes in the first half. The football appears to be better under Robinson but he does need get them working as a unit. When we went forward we lacked options and when defending we lacked cover. Walsall used the width very well and both our full backs were exposed at times. Overall, a draw was the right result. Went with my Villa mate and he thoroughly enjoyed it!
  • Options
    daveroan said:

Three at the back - Bauer Pearce Saar is the answer!

It might be.....but who is your right wing back? Fill that position and I think we are ok for the rest of a 3-5-2.

• Options
    edited September 2017

LouisMend said:
    Karl you really are now starting to get on my tits....if ya don't like it,u shouldn't of joined the fuckin Douchebag/Meire circus...it was for all too see...we really wouldn't have missed you...,I don't think you are as good as u make out...but for fucks sake,deal with the mess u inherited & seemed to be happy with,cause that's what has been coming out of your trap...we don't believe it...so stop the moaning,that's for us fans & get on with it...Plan A/B/C or D we don't care,just win matches nothing else...
    Soz rant over after a few bevvys last night...

Glad to read you're still with us Rog
  • Options
    We're shite... and we will be for a very long time to come ... potentially 10 years...
  • Options
    I've just seen the goals on SSN.

1) Forsu got lucky after smashing his 1 v 1 straight at the keeper

2) Where's the marking for their first?

3) can't take anything away from their 2nd, great finish but conceding straight from kick off really is school boy stuff.

4) we won't win leagues playing like that
  • Options

Robinson says 'we should have been out of sight' but by all accounts the only other real chance before they equalised was a Magennis effort, so does he count being 2-0 up as being out of sight. He talks so much crap it makes it easy to dislike him.

Clarke had a good shot that was saved well too.
  • Options
    Have asked before, why does Clarke keep coming off before the end of the game, is he not fit enough for 90 minutes?
  • Options
    just watched the highlights. looked like very lax defending for both goals, particularly the first. no win in 4, and the utterly predictable result of another summer of insufficient investment to put together a decent squad...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PWR

Was listening.

Dominated early but didn't make it count. Magennis unlucky that keeper pulled off a blinder.

They grew into the game (always gonna happen but we should have had more of a lead to work with).

They dominate for large periods of second half we have a few lucky let offs at the back such as allowing them a free header which Wilson somehow didn't connect with.

We finally got into the second half but didn't seem like scoring. Loads of balls into or across the box but no one getting on the end of them. Was crying out for Jacko to come on and get in the box. Can't rely on Ricky to score a wonder goal every game.

Couldn't defend the lead for more than 30 seconds.

Don't do it Canters!! Don't succumb to this 'PWR' malarkey, you're better than that!! We really don't care mate.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    ross1 said:

Have asked before, why does Clarke keep coming off before the end of the game, is he not fit enough for 90 minutes?

It was mentioned after Bury that he came off then because he had Back Spasms

Wonder if its a long term thing and is playing with injections maybe? - Its frustrating either way because Fosu and Holmes (am guessing Marshall as well) have the ability to run at the Defence with the ball whereas Clarke can play the sort of pass that starts it happening by creating the space

Against Bury and to a lesser extent Walsall am finding that when he does off... this ends
  • Options

Makes me laugh that even though Fosu scored people still need to mention he was ''lucky'' so what if he was?! He managed to score and still a little dig that it wasn't an utter worldie or well placed...I honestly wouldn't care if we scored goals that were scrappy or the player tripped and hit his knee and trickled over the line. Id take those with decent defending as we would still earn 3 points!

Agree about "lucky".

He put the ball under the keeper as the keeper came out. Good strikers finish
  • Options

Makes me laugh that even though Fosu scored people still need to mention he was ''lucky'' so what if he was?! He managed to score and still a little dig that it wasn't an utter worldie or well placed...I honestly wouldn't care if we scored goals that were scrappy or the player tripped and hit his knee and trickled over the line. Id take those with decent defending as we would still earn 3 points!

In my opinion if KR doesn't have a little word with him about that finish when they're looking back on the tapes he's a bad manager.
    That's how you improve players. Pat on the back well done you scored but next time I want to see a better finish. It's not having a go at him its telling him the truth and nurturing him
  • Options
    agim said:

In my opinion if KR doesn't have a little word with him about that finish when they're looking back on the tapes he's a bad manager.
    That's how you improve players. Pat on the back well done you scored but next time I want to see a better finish. It's not having a go at him its telling him the truth and nurturing him
    The aim is too score regardless of how and every player should be trying to improve with or without the manager's encouragement. I agree KR should be trying to make our players better of course. Scoring breeds confidence which will encourage him to improve on that aspect of the game.

I guess in my mind hes a young player who, if Marshall was fit, wouldn't be starting as much & this will be a big learning curve for him.
  • Options
    Took the lead twice and lost it twice - but still a decent outcome.

Pearce out for 10 weeks is going to be difficult.

Next game against Fleetwood a real test of character.
  • Options

Those three quotes could have come straight out of Gobbinson's mouth. Welcome to Charlton Life Karl :smile:
  • Options
    I'd like to see Sarr given a go.
  • Options

agim said:

The aim is too score regardless of how and every player should be trying to improve with or without the manager's encouragement. I agree KR should be trying to make our players better of course. Scoring breeds confidence which will encourage him to improve on that aspect of the game.

I guess in my mind hes a young player who, if Marshall was fit, wouldn't be starting as much & this will be a big learning curve for him.
    Yes of course he should take all the positives. He's obviously done well to get in the goal scoring position in the first place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Those three quotes could have come straight out of Gobbinson's mouth. Welcome to Charlton Life Karl :smile:
    All fair comments
  • Options

ross1 said:

Wonder if its a long term thing and is playing with injections maybe? - Its frustrating either way because Fosu and Holmes (am guessing Marshall as well) have the ability to run at the Defence with the ball whereas Clarke can play the sort of pass that starts it happening by creating the space

Against Bury and to a lesser extent Walsall am finding that when he does off... this ends
    Yet another unfit/injury prone player we have signed?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Took watching again to really sink in what an incredible goal that is by Holmes his best so far I reckon. He's moving and leaning backwards on a pretty quick drop and hits it perfectly

Pretty sure most attempts would either completely sky it or not get any power on it
  • Options
    sm said:

ross1 said:

Yet another unfit/injury prone player we have signed?
    Or playing with a niggle and should normally be rested - but plays on because there is nobody in the squad to replace him?

• Options
    I expected a draw .. we just must stop conceding these late late goals
  • Options
    Time to give Phillips his chance, need to find a good defensive right back, stop waiting for Ahearne Grant to score and bring back one of the young strikers on loan. Ask Roland to take his head out of his ass.
  • Options
    Grumpy said:

Time to give Phillips his chance, need to find a good defensive right back, stop waiting for Ahearne Grant to score and bring back one of the young strikers on loan. Ask Roland to take his head out of his ass.

To be fair there isnt much that Amos did wrong yesterday or on Saturday

Nor can we recall either Umerah or Hanlan until either the loan club want to send him back or when the loan ends
  • Options

Took watching again to really sink in what an incredible goal that is by Holmes his best so far I reckon. He's moving and leaning backwards on a pretty quick drop and hits it perfectly

Pretty sure most attempts would either completely sky it or not get any power on it

• Options
    Grumpy said:

Amos not at fault at all... though could do with sorting his catching a bit.