Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walsall vs Charlton: post match views

Comments

• Options
    Supporting Charlton is becoming so boringly predictable and I can already see another disappointingly average season unfolding before our eyes.

Also Robinson banging on about how great we'll be when Marshall and Reeves are fit didn't take into account other injuries to our main players such as Magennis and Holmes which, given that they both suffered last year, is not exactly unlikely. And the likes of Kashi and Solly should not be playing two games a week either and I fully expect Pearce will be the first of a few knocks if he keeps playing the same team every game. Alas his hands are well and truly tied and this squad is unbalanced and, I hope I eat these words, ultimately not good enough to get out of this league.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Dan Agyei's late goal salvaged Walsall's unbeaten League Two record at the Bescot Stadium this season in a frenetic final few minutes in the 2-2 draw with Charlton.
  • Options

Two points from twelve is not promotion form....

1.7 pts per game should see play offs though.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Absolutely shocking defending on that first goal and Bauer rolled far too easily for their equaliser. He needs to be much stronger or at the very least take the bloke out.

Missing chances again. Nothing on the bench again.

Feel like a stuck record but will say it again the squad is way too thin and the lack of options up front criminal. Clearly Tarbuck is starting to think what most of us think about Dodoo IE he is crap.

Do wonder whether we could do with a defensive coach. We are brittle as hell and conceed very similar goals. No pressure on the crosser and then static in the box.

Can't see us getting anything from Fleetwood and we'll struggle big time against Peterborough with Magennis and Da Silva missing.

Pearce out for so long is a huge blow. He was behind what little organisation we did have at the back.

Unless Roly rolls the dice in January we will stumble into midtable again.
  • Options
    NINE points behind the leaders - Shrewsbury. Lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Scoham said:
    Dan Agyei's late goal salvaged Walsall's unbeaten League Two record at the Bescot Stadium this season in a frenetic final few minutes in the 2-2 draw with Charlton.
    "Dan Agyei's late goal salvaged Walsall's unbeaten League One record at the Bescot Stadium this season in a frenetic final few minutes in the 2-2 draw with Charlton." - BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41315449
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Punching the air in the 88th.

Punching the dog in the 89th.

I haven't laughed out loud like that for ages! That's cheered me up cheers
  • Options

Been banging on about it all week. Our defence is wobbly. Very wobbly.

Shockingly Wobbly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    O Curbishley, Curbishley, wherefore art thou Curbishley?
  • Options
    Out of sight at Wallsall... Can someone remind me of our chances... Both goals, Magennis missed sitter... What else. I have a habit of forgetting but can't honestly remember any other clear cut chances-their goalie had to save a couple of long rangers but nothing that was not straight forward.

We let in two goals, Amos made 2-3 sprawling saves and the shortest bloke on the pitch missed a free header as did their CB from a corner plus their striker trod on the ball when clean through on our goal.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

One more thing to add then gonna take the dog on a walk and make some work calls:

We lack confidence but also just a bit of dumb luck. We've conceded two 25-yard top corner curlers in the last two games. Tonight's could have been defended better, we could have played better, but on another night it goes wide and we win. It's the sort of thing that happens when you're not playing well and you lack confidence.

I think we can say the same about several of our goals though, swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    That's the problem with only having one proper striker, eh, Karl.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    7th in this pub league isn’t the end of the world , if we can just sort our defence , attack and midfield out we’ll win the league .
    If getting a point against Walsall doesn’t get your juices flowing then Charlton Athletic may not be the answer .
    263 legends made the midweek trip to Walsall , we had more at the newish ground Crawley for that Johnny competition, says it all about the enthusiasm mustered by our seasons start .

0.5% Automatic promotion ........ 30.5% Play offs ........... 57% 7th-12th ....... 12% 13th-20th ...... 0% Relegation

100% Roland Out
  • Options

NINE points behind the leaders - Shrewsbury. Lol.

We got some weird supporters
    Anyway large let's hope for a defeat Saturday, and if were 12 points behind we can have a bigger laugh
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Morning All. Well we are all laughing at Palarse. We need to get are own in house problems sorted out first. I will be totally honest we are absolutely DIRE. When have we become Arsenal all these litttback heels side words passes. There first goal was a little cheeky a flick at near post. I thought Walsall out played us second half. Amazing goal from Holmes. Kind gesture from josh to give his shirt to the fan who got hit by the ball. If you are reading this I hope you are ok. CARD I really hope you have something planned because I can't bear seeing this club ripped apart anymore. To all the fans that think the owners have changed and we are going to be a top 6 club. Please give me the number of your drug dealer. Met a few old faces last night. Was going to go to Fleetwood but changed my mind. I go to Oxford instead.
  • Options
    I'd rather we kept some clean sheets and ground out some 1-0 victories than attempt to play a style of football we're not equipped for.

I'm sick of Roland and have no faith in KR as a manager. The way we're playing I'll be happy with mid-table at the end of the season.

All I need now is for someone to tell me this is just a blip.....
  • Options
    Watched on the stream.

They doubled up on Holmes again, we had no clue in the final third of the pitch. Good at faffing about with it in the middle side ways passing etc.

When we missed all of the chances at the start I said to my bro that we will now be lucky for a draw, thats football! It happens to us every week.

Still I thought we were lucky to get a draw, so its a point at least.

If we can keep clean sheets I do think we will climb the table. There is no point going mental every time we draw or lose, you will end up in an early grave!

More to life that footy.

COYR's
  • Options

Mention to super josh who hurt a bloke in the warm up with a shot and come in to thecaaay end to speak to him and give him his match shirt

Was the closest he got all game
  • Options
    Before the game I was dreaming of a clean sheet, should have known better.