Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walsall vs Charlton: post match views

Comments

• Options
    JFC looked quality tonight
  • Options
    From @Ketman

First half excellent first thirty minutes should of been 2-0 up after Magennis hit post at 1-0. Walsall came into game after half hour and scored before half time after some pressure.

Second half we were not at races at all. Walsall deserved to be in front the small lad in middle of park for them ran game. We score from our only shot on target second half and what a cracking volley from Holmes it was two mins from end and Walsall deservedly equalised straight from kick off but we did not touch ball from the kick off.

Disappointing performance but I will take the point.
  • Options

So frustrating. As much as I'd love to see KAG do well, he has to go or go out on loan, as much use as a underwater fish tank

Think a bit unfair he come on today for 10 mins if that and crested and semi chance, no worse than others in fact I think he causes problems
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Glad the Bake Off was so exciting I didn't check the score during the last 20 minutes.

Off to watch Bake Off now, Charlton certainly have a soggy bottom
  • Options

Soft, weak and just not very good.

Bit like a shoddy dessert in bake off....
  • Options

Not been happy with Solly for a while and by sound of it wasn't great tonight.

Time for a rest me thinks.

If Pearce is fit , maybe play Konsa at RB on Saturday?
    Yeah he desperately needs a rest, so either Konsa or Dijksteel.

We didn't bring in another fullback because we felt that Dijksteel and/or could do the job there. And I think we sold Crofts in part because of a faith in Dijksteel. Solly has looked knackered, Kashi ran his heart out but was off it tonight, if we backed him enough to not bring in/get rid of players, we need to back Dijksteel to start games.
  • Options
    Dear o dear...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't panic . Reeves will be fit come February...

Which year
  • Options

So frustrating. As much as I'd love to see KAG do well, he has to go or go out on loan, as much use as a underwater fish tank

Think a bit unfair he come on today for 10 mins if that and crested and semi chance, no worse than others in fact I think he causes problems
    Maybe, but I feel whenever he is on he shys away to much. Not a fan
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Not been happy with Solly for a while and by sound of it wasn't great tonight.

Time for a rest me thinks.

If Pearce is fit , maybe play Konsa at RB on Saturday?
    Yeah he desperately needs a rest, so either Konsa or Dijksteel.

We didn't bring in another fullback because we felt that Dijksteel and/or could do the job there. And I think we sold Crofts in part because of a faith in Dijksteel. Solly has looked knackered, Kashi ran his heart out but was off it tonight, if we backed him enough to not bring in/get rid of players, we need to back Dijksteel to start games.
    Pearce is out for 10 weeks apparently.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Admin oppression!

My thread was up first.

- Watched on a stream, typical league 1 mid table game.

If we play like that we'll score plenty... Shame is we will concede as many.

I'm sorry Dazzler, I've just seen your thread. This aggression will not stand! As a result, I will be boycotting this thread until yours is rightfully restored as the one true thread!!!!

...or until I have something else I want to say.
  • Options
    Another mid table finish will we ever be in the premier league again?
  • Options
    Three at the back - Bauer Pearce Saar is the answer!
  • Options

Charlton are my least favourite thing and have been for some time.

Any affection I had is on its last legs.

Fu** you Roland.

It really wasn't that bad.
  • Options
    So frustrating as the first few games felt like we'd hit the right formula.
    But the squad size and quality points to mid table or at best 6th.
    Wonder if on the coach home Ricky Holmes is flicking through his phone to find Wilder....
  • Options

Been banging on about it all week. Our defence is wobbly. Very wobbly.

& what with the lack of a striker or 2...we really is in the shite...,
    Thank you Roland u C@"t
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton are my least favourite thing and have been for some time.

Any affection I had is on its last legs.

Fu** you Roland.

Odd
  • Options
    WHEN we don't go up this season we'll lose Holmes, Magennis, Bauer, Pearce, Reeves and Marshall - it really is this season or bust
  • Options
    Now sell Konsa you divs.

'We feel Nabby is the perfect replacement while Jason recovers from his injury.'
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

WHEN we don't go up this season we'll lose Holmes, Magennis, Bauer, Pearce, Reeves and Marshall - it really is this season or bust

Hopefully thats what Roland is thinking
  • Options
    Match thread guys, match thread....
  • Options
    Gutted for him, but it's the one place where we really have depth.

I said after Ipswich that I felt Konsa and Bauer needed to be our first choice center half pairing. They're both good on the ball (Bauer less so tonight), and both seem comfortable playing a high line, which allows us to press. I think Jason Pearce has had some really good games this year, but I think his and Bauer's lack of pace means we end up sitting deeper for longer (though we had that problem tonight). And you'll notice that teams give him all the time in the world because he isn't dangerous on the ball.

I'm sure we'll miss his leadership, but think there might be a bit of a silver lining here.

Also, has anyone heard from Harry Lennon lately? Like...is he okay? He's coming up on a year out after being out for like six months and I'm worried about him.
  • Options
    watched on a stream. Not dominant, we are fragile and I don't expect that to change.
    I suspect that Robinson will go before Duchatelet, but our general mood tonight seemed rather resigned. The Holmes goal brought genuine hope, but the Walsall equaliser was expected, more like we equalised before they got a winner type of thing.