Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

McBobbin said:

Isn't it a satire on project fear? Or am I giving the Sunday sport unwanted credit

I was thinking that. But now I think maybe it is a strategy (Leave.EU? Putin?) to plant really outlandish Brexit scare stories in the press over the next 6 months so Brexiteers can start trying to dismiss genuine negative Brexit stories by association.
    Does anybody read the Sunday Sport?
    Elfsborg.
    I've seen him.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

McBobbin said:

Isn't it a satire on project fear? Or am I giving the Sunday sport unwanted credit

I was thinking that. But now I think maybe it is a strategy (Leave.EU? Putin?) to plant really outlandish Brexit scare stories in the press over the next 6 months so Brexiteers can start trying to dismiss genuine negative Brexit stories by association.
    I think the more pertinent question is "Do they employ any editors?". Or are they using some kind of app to select, collate and print their stories?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

McBobbin said:

not past page three
  • Options

I didn't know it was still on sale! Who buys it?

Dirty old men...
  • Options
    Why is Chippy appearing as “last post” yet not appearing on the thread ?
  • Options

I think he's been gagged.
  • Options

I wonder if he still thinks we can see his trolling. He must be fuming :smiley:
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

I wonder if he still thinks we can see his trolling. He must be fuming :smiley:
    Maybe
  • Options
    Fun thread

Seems legit. Awaiting more evidence
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Fun thread

I just came across that. Wish I hadn't. The only reason I can think of to doubt it is, as some tweets point out, that it would require a unity of purpose within this government that is absolutely not in evidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol only too my fiends.
  • Options
    Has Chippy been banned?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Has Chippy been banned?

No are nor should he be.
    He's on holiday for a few days
  • Options
    Bloody skiver
  • Options

se9addick said:

Has Chippy been banned?

No are nor should he be.
    He's on holiday for a few days
    Well he's clearly still posting, just no one can see his posts.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Fun thread

It’s a nice conspiracy theory, but I can’t see it as much more than that - not least because I highly doubt our government could pull something like this off.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Leuth said:

Fun thread

It’s a nice conspiracy theory, but I can’t see it as much more than that - not least because I highly doubt our government could pull something like this off.
    I'm sure it's what some of them want to happen, but the hurdles to pull it off are too high, I would hope
  • Options
    Appropriately enough, Britain is being hellbanned from global relevance. Still yelling all sorts of nonsense, but nobody will be able to hear us or care
  • Options
    A couple of interesting (though not exactly reassuring) articles in the Irish Times today.

The leader column is not entirely positive about HMG's stance this week: https://irishtimes.com/opinion/editorial/the-irish-times-view-on-jeremy-hunt-s-history-lesson-offensive-and-preposterous-1.3647909. The final couple of sentences are really quite scathing.

The backstop remains a live issue (and, in reality, some common ground on the backstop has to be agreed within the week or so, to demonstrate sufficient progress for the EU27 in two weeks to agree to holding a special summit in November), and there is considerable pressure on the UK to provide legally workable wording: https://irishtimes.com/news/politics/pressure-builds-on-may-to-present-her-brexit-border-plan-1.3648155 & https://irishtimes.com/news/politics/brexit-full-animal-checks-proposed-as-part-of-backstop-deal-1.3648152.

Meanwhile, Arlene Foster continues to do her utmost to "support" the continuation of the Peace Process in her own inimitable style: https://irishtimes.com/news/politics/foster-says-belfast-agreement-is-not-untouchable-1.3648709.

Looking at things in the round, what could possibly go wrong???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:

So British people had their rights to live, work and move freely in 27 countries removed from them today, trying to think of a time where British citizens have had such a major right removed from them?

but WE'RE TAKING BACK CONTROL
  • Options

Rothko said:

So British people had their rights to live, work and move freely in 27 countries removed from them today, trying to think of a time where British citizens have had such a major right removed from them?

Yes. The government has taken back control of you lot.

Less pissheads in Prague, then. Glass half full...

• Options

Rothko said:

Yes. The government has taken back control of you lot.

Less pissheads in Prague, then. Glass half full...

yes, and throw the czech republic into recession. SEE?! YOU NEED US MORE THAN WE NEED YOU
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Listening to May squirming and doing everything she could to avoid admitting this was the result of her policies on Today this morning was excruciating. She even got turned over on BBC Breakfast by the bloke more used to interviewing footballers (whose name escapes me...).

Needless to say she ran the default position of trying to blame Labour on both occasions.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Here is a young man who would not be looking so stupid today, if only he had been following this thread for a while...

• Options
    Not sure it’s fair to engage these people in debate. They really have no idea about the reality of the situation. Only the sound bite nonsense spouted by the usual suspects.
  • Options

Here is a young man who would not be looking so stupid today, if only he had been following this thread for a while...

Proof that an expensive private education makes no difference......a moron will always be a moron!
    Or wearing a shirt and tie.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!