Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Dodoo on loan until January (confirmed on OS)

Comments

• Options

KR now speaking to clubs about bringing in strikers in January.

Not looking good for Dodoo

Might be recalled, now they have sacked their manager.
  • Options
    We talked about signing strikers in the summer and look what happened!
  • Options

We talked about signing strikers in the summer and look what happened!

True, especially now the takeover isn't happening.
  • Options
    Had forgotten about Don't don't.
  • Options
    Think his lack of game time and the fact we are looking for strikers now shows that he was a complete panic signing
  • Options

Looking good for Hanlan and Umerah though.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Not if Robinson is speaking to other clubs about their strikers.
  • Options
    Let's hope he is seaking to Ipswich re Moore.
  • Options
    Andy delort is finally happening
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Don't think Dodoo is actively a bad player but seems not to be rated by Robinson.

In my view neither Hanlan nor Umerah are likely to be the 20 goal-a-season type we need to guarantee promotion.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Don't think Dodoo is actively a bad player but seems not to be rated by Robinson.

In my view neither Hanlan nor Umerah are likely to be the 20 goal-a-season type we need to guarantee promotion.
    Hopefully they are not brought back, a season building their skills and confidence playing week in week out is what they need.

Dodoo needs to force his way in to the team over the next four games (checka and FA cup) if only to move his career forward after he goes back to Rangers.

Of the options open to us at the moment Leon Best seems to be the best. What January transfer window offers is another matter.

As for the takeover well we still have 13 hours and 20 minutes till the "end of next week"
  • Options
    Not sure either of then are the right type of player to fill the Josh slot. Hanlan has more physicality than Umerah but I'm not sure he is ready to lead the line alone better in a 2.

Umerah is an entirely different type of player. Reports from my Wycombe mates tell me he is playing very well as a shadow striker, tracking Akinfenwa, trying to double up on a CB and feed off knock downs. He's been great at it uses his pace to run at defences etc.

Not a system that Karl plays bit I can see him playing a part here. Maybe against weaker trams we could have him tracking Magennis rather than a 10 coming from deep. Alternatively he could come off the bench as a genuine change option. I can see him playing a part in the second half of the season. Personally I think continuing his loan would benefit him more.
  • Options

Scoham said:

He looked pretty poor when he came on in a couple of games.

It would be a heck of a bonus if Umerah and/ or Hanlon came back and scored goals . I suggest we should be looking to sign a striker than can play wide in January ; someone that could play with and without Magennis. An upgrade on KAG, if you like
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Scoham said:

It would be a heck of a bonus if Umerah and/ or Hanlon came back and scored goals . I suggest we should be looking to sign a striker than can play wide in January ; someone that could play with and without Magennis. An upgrade on KAG, if you like
    Perhaps Mavididi if Arsenal cut short his loan at Preston?
  • Options
    I think Leon Best will be signed when/if we get a new owner. Dodoo will return to Rangers and another striker will be brought in.
  • Options
    None of you know what you are talking about, Gobbo said this back in August:

"We have been looking for a striker that can complement what we already have. We have a big number nine in Josh Magennis and Joe gives us something different. I think fans will like him, he is quick, can stretch the game and get in behind defenders.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59a8800abf6d7/done-deal-charlton-sign-striker-joe-dodoo-on-loan

Oh well :smile:
  • Options

"We have been looking for a striker that can complement what we already have. We have a big number nine in Josh Magennis and Joe gives us something different. I think fans will like him, he is quick, can stretch the game and get in behind defenders.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59a8800abf6d7/done-deal-charlton-sign-striker-joe-dodoo-on-loan

He also is quite handy to have around IF the following question comes up during the weekly Trivial Pursuit game played at Sparrows lane by the squad...

"Name an extinct flightless bird that was endemic to the island of Mauritius, east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean"
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Scoham said:

Perhaps Mavididi if Arsenal cut short his loan at Preston?
    I saw it reported in one of the papers that Mavididi has only played a bit part at Preston this year and Arsenal are thinking of recalling him.

But would we want him now? I don't think he could play the Magennis target-man sort of role and would he get in the team ahead of Holmes and Fosu at the moment? Throw in Marshall still has to return and if he did come, he could well be warming the subs bench here as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hope a fit and firing Leon Best will be able to allay our striker woes and give Big Josh a rest , but i'm not convinced, putting duct tape over problems doesn't work.
  • Options

I really hope a fit and firing Leon Best will be able to allay our striker woes and give Big Josh a rest , but i'm not convinced, putting duct tape over problems doesn't work.

Didn't do a bad job with Roly's Hush Puppies...
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Redrobo said:

Let's hope he is seaking to Ipswich re Moore.

Mick McCarthy has already said Moore will be recalled in January and given an opportunity at Ipswich.
    So at least it stuffs Rotherham.
  • Options
    Heard a rumour we may be signing Igor Mavuba.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Heard a rumour we may be signing Igor Mavuba.

Very clever.
  • Options

Seems like the only defender he got behind was Lewis Page in the queue for the Sparrows Lane canteen.
  • Options
    For me the disappointment is that is was said he had pace and yet when he has come on, against tiring defences, he has yet to push the ball behind a defender and run them.
  • Options
    I've not seen this bloke play so can offer no opinion on him and agree the stats in term of how much he's been used suggest he was a panic loan. But pretty sure when we did sign him the Rangers fans who tweeted really rated him? Might be one of those who shows glimpses of class but never realises consistency or potential. We've had a few of those over the years!
  • Options
    4i know Robbo has pretty much confirmed he was a rash signing as as he said is just a extra body but i would rather have george or pete.

Even today against truro he was hardly noticeable
  • Options

4i know Robbo has pretty much confirmed he was a rash signing as as he said is just a extra body but i would rather have george or pete.

Even today against truro he was hardly noticeable

George currently banging them in for Constanta. Would have him back in a hearbeat. Only 25.