Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Dodoo on loan until January (confirmed on OS)

Comments

• RedChaser said:

Leuth said:

WSS said:

Push pineapple shake the tree

I'm singing this at every game
    Shame we never got him on a free;

'Aga dododo came from Rangers on a free' :smiley:
    Can't shoot with his left, or his right, will never score cos he is shite
  • Happy to judge this guy when he steps on the pitch . Not his fault that we haven't also added to the ranks with a direct replacement for Novak and as absolutely required . Quite possible howeve that someone else might be added as a free agent . In fact I am expecting that at the very least between now and January . If I don't see that happen then I will then conclude that a ball has been dropped and promotion is a pipe dream for RF and KM and was never their intention . They get a B plus pass mark thus far for their work in this window changing to a D minus if a free agent direct replacement for Novak is not added soon .Not holding my breath
  • De do do do, de da da da
    Is all I want to say to you
    De do do do, de da da da
    Their innocence will pull me through
    De do do do, de da da da
    Is all I want to say to you
    De do do do, de da da da
    They're meaningless and all that's true
  • Much as I f*cking hate Duchatalatet, Miere & the regime toadies infesting our club you have to give the guy a chance - I remember how Kermorgant was dismissed on here as a crap signing
  • Because he is only here until January, obviously KR is still hoping to bring in another number 9, like the rumours mentioned, but only if we are in the top 6
  • ross1 said:

Because he is only here until January, obviously KR is still hoping to bring in another number 9, like the rumours mentioned, but only if we are in the top 6

Or hoping that because Grigg is out of contract in the summer, then Wigan cash in while they still can.
  • Oakster said:

Much as I f*cking hate Duchatalatet, Miere & the regime toadies infesting our club you have to give the guy a chance - I remember how Kermorgant was dismissed on here as a crap signing

True, however Kermorgant wasn't the latest through a rapidly revolving door of frequently crap signings (possibly scouted by a stripling in Limburg). Given the last 3 or so years, the cynicism is understandable.
  • edited September 2017

Oakster said:

Much as I f*cking hate Duchatalatet, Miere & the regime toadies infesting our club you have to give the guy a chance - I remember how Kermorgant was dismissed on here as a crap signing

True, however Kermorgant wasn't the latest through a rapidly revolving door of frequently crap signings (possibly scouted by a stripling in Limburg). Given the last 3 or so years, the cynicism is understandable.
    That's actually a little harsh given our summer so far. Apart from the strikers position, this has been a great window.

Now only a decent window admittedly as strikers are usually pretty important.

• Quite an in-depth analysis from a manager about a new signing.

Quite constructively critical of JDs strengths and weaknesses too which is refreshing.

The cynical amongst you will note that he mentions talking to others who've played with him or managed him but not about seeing him play but not me.
  • My next door neighbour is part of the Leicester City coaching/fitness team. When he get's back in from work tonight I'll ask him for the low down on Jo.

Ask him about Joe while you're at it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:

I agree - I am cynical about this lot as the best of them - it's all just window dressing until the Belgians go & we get our cloob back
  • edited September 2017
    Oakster said:

All this stuff happens in spite of RD and KM, not because of them. I think they just let KR get on with it (unless he's asking for money).
  • So was I when I was a 22 year old speedfreak. Never thought I should be a footballer.
  • edited September 2017
    Mahna Mahna do do do do do Mahna Mahna do do do do
    Mahna Mahna do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do
    Mahna Mahna...The Muppets...!!!

Change Mahna Mahna to Joe Joe
    ;)
  • Mahna Mahna do do do do do Mahna Mahna do do do do

Change Mahna Mahna to John John...
    ;)

:+1: Or Joe even :wink:
  • edited September 2017
    RedChaser said:

Mahna Mahna do do do do do Mahna Mahna do do do do

Change Mahna Mahna to John John...
    ;)

:+1: Or Joe even :wink:
    Even that...!!...doh...thank you
  • It's nice to see the Lookman money being reinvested so well.
  • Looking at those vids hes style reminds me of Jason Euell! And the hair too
  • I've calmed down since last night and now feel we should wait and see Dodoo play before writing him off! I'm angry at RD too for not spending he's money on us but why take it out on Joe Dodoo
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    KR says he'll benefit from the quality training at Charlton, starting with how to put a tie on. :smile:
  • If he plays today at Oldham and puts in a performance half as good as Mavididi's cameo at Rochdale last season he'll do for me, best of luck Joe.
  • He's tall, over 11 years old, English is his first language and I can pronounce his name.

That's about as good as it gets.
  • He's tall, over 11 years old, English is his first language and I can pronounce his name.

What, jolxyzoksqui Dodozikqinlivisx ?
  • I've just put a short synopsis on Jo on the match preview thread from my neighbour who works with LCFC in coaching/fitness/sports scientist role. He joined LCFC at age 9 and he worked with him for 4 years.
  • I guess the big question is , does he like A or B on the toad in the hole thread.
  • Took his goal well, had another good chance but didn't take it just before Oldham's 3rd.

Good start.
  • Thought he did well considering he has not trained with the team. Will give us another option as was always on the last defenders shoulder and think once the others get to know him the will look for the pass more than they did today for him.

Think he could also partner josh as well if 4 4 2 is required
  • If he is a real threat with his pace it will push teams to defend deeper and that will only aid Josh, as he will get more headers in their box.
  • cfgs said:

If he is a real threat with his pace it will push teams to defend deeper and that will only aid Josh, as he will get more headers in their box.

Can't see them both starting together too often. Still got Marshall and Reeves to come into the squad as well as Josh.