Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Dodoo on loan until January (confirmed on OS)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Love this. Remember when everyone asking why we signed De Silva. Rather than give the lads a chance to prove themselves once again they have shut the knockers up

I think you'll find that no-one was knocking the lad, but were knocking the situation of letting an experienced striker go & bringing in a young lad who'd only played 4 league games in England & that we had failed to get back up for Josh.
    The same lot that we're knocking the experienced striker last season and the start of this campaign. People knocked Desilva when we signed him, stating why didn't spend the money from the Fox sale and bringing in a kid from Chelsea with no experience and then he wasn't good enough after taking off against Millwall. Short memories, and thickle.
    As I said, (and I always liked Dasilva - said he 'looks an exciting prospect'), some thought it was odd to sign a guy (on loan) and then bring him on and off in the same game. Made it look like a poor decision. You can't blame people for thinking that at the time.
    Then, when he gets more matches and plays brilliantly, of course people will change their opinions. That's not being fickle (thickle?) that's modifying your opinions according to the evidence. Fans have every right to express opinions about players based on evidence. And every right to change their minds.

Last season I was saying that Magennis only looks good when fully fit and firing on all cylinders. I'd pretty much stick with that, although he's been improving with each game I've seen him player this season. Last season he played well in about 10 games I'd say. I'm happy with him as our main strike now while in Div 1 and possibly beyond, but if someone better came in, that would be great.

You have to realise people expressing opinions don't necessarily have a hidden agenda as you're implying.

And as for Joe Dodoo, I saw enough to think he has loads of promise. He's less of a battering ram than Mag, but he's not slight, and won some headers. But he has guile and tricks and flicks. They won't come off all the time of course, but they only have to come off once or twice in a match to create chances. He'll be very useful to bring off the bench if Mag starts. Defenders won't like marking him for sure. And he might develop in to a very good player.
    I totally agree with your points. What is very embarrassing is people posting that players aren't good enough and they haven't even seen him play. It's the same in any walk of life people need time to settle into a new environment or job.
    Personally it's another excuse for people to have a cheap shot at the club, sadly these individuals are never around when things are going well.
  • Options

George Tucadean scored a goal for Charlton once. Look how that turned out. Just saying that one swallow doth not a summer make. Those backing him now will be slagging him off in January if that is his one and only goal. Now is not the time to judge.

You have a go whatever goes on down at the club.
  • Options
    Didn't she use to present Crimewatch?
  • Options

Just the sort of striker needed when you need goals and are aiming for promotion. Joke club.

George Tucadean scored a goal for Charlton once. Look how that turned out. Just saying that one swallow doth not a summer make. Those backing him now will be slagging him off in January if that is his one and only goal. Now is not the time to judge.

Funny that as this what you wrote on thursday before you had seen him play!!!!! You are constantly slagging the team off give them a chance
  • Options
    He took the goal well missed a one on one but his movement to get an opportunity was very good, playing him off the last defenders shoulder I doubt there will be a lge1 defender that will catch him tbh
  • Options
    edited September 2017

A song can definitely be made from this https://youtu.be/mjeWKssl8Ic

Bloke's a pain in 't butt.
  • Options
    he's off to a great start .. would love to see a race twixt him and Fosu .. add in Holmes and Hiyo de Silva and there's the makings of a terrific relay team ((:>)
  • Options
    Mrs cafcfan has taken to calling him "Doggie". That seems to fit in well with Karl's description of him as being "quick, energetic and unpredictable".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://youtu.be/XqZsoesa55w has to be a contender for his song... my boys love it
  • Options
    Ok Kidbrooke you start it and we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Obviously needs a little jazz up to be relevant but might catch on hahaha
  • Options

https://youtu.be/XqZsoesa55w has to be a contender for his song... my boys love it

I can't believe I actually have this stuck in my head now.

Joe Dodoo
    Doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Joe Dodoo
    Doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Joe Dodoo
    Doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Joe Dodoo
  • Options
    Gillis said:

I can't believe I actually have this stuck in my head now.

Joe Dodoo
    Doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Joe Dodoo
    Doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Joe Dodoo
    Doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Joe Dodoo
    Think we should stick to the jaws theme on the doo doo front.. unless we're gonna start handing out helium!
  • Options
    song for Joe .. needs appropriate lyrics though

https://youtu.be/zoMnjXZpcIw
  • Options
    https://t.co/FZj2BsnN8R?amp=1

Not quite sure what KR is trying to say here
  • Options
    He's basically saying he is not good enough to come on and influence a game. For now at least
  • Options
    As always with Robinson I think you have to read between the lines and who is the intended audience.

He's simply saying he's not good enough to come on and replace a player who's played 75 minutes or so. The audience...... partly fans but my view is it's more a message to KM or RD.

For me there's a reason he's our longest serving manager under RD and it's not results on the pitch, he's implementing his plan to a tee in respect of budget, wage bill, fielding youth etc. But also he knows that the owner has a record of sacking managers at will based on a month or two's results.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

So we might as well have kept Hanlan and/or Umerah.

Precisely.

The last line about it being his decision just seemed odd.

Either way after scoring on his debut, as he's done at every club, he seems to have faded and is now behind KAG in the pecking order.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Karl Robinson has explained why Rangers loanee Joe Dodoo’s playing time has been limited at Charlton.

Charlton boss Robinson told News Shopper: “He’s come on in the last few games and when you come on, you have to have an impact.

“So you bring Tariqe Fosu off, who’s probably one of our best players. You bring one of our leading goal scorers [Ricky Holmes] off who’s just scored a worldie.

“I felt what we had on the pitch was enough to win the game. But it wasn't to be."

"I feel there’s more to come from Joe. There’s a settling in period that every player goes through. He needs to settle down, get used to the club, what we’re trying to do, travelling and playing games again and then he’ll be a better player for that. But at this moment in time, I feel that what we’re doing is right and at the end of the day it’s my decision.”

Seems pretty clear to me.

1. He felt we were able to win the game with who we had on the pitch.

2. Dodoo is taking some time to click with the way we play. He's maybe not quite ready to impact a game immediately and will need time to get into the games.

3. He wants to ensure Dodoo is improving before bringing him in more.

4. Dodoo is getting used to all the usual stuff anyone who has played regularly is used to.
  • Options

Scoham said:

So we might as well have kept Hanlan and/or Umerah.

Either way after scoring on his debut, as he's done at every club, he seems to have faded and is now behind KAG in the pecking order.
    This says a lot.
  • Options

he's saying "I'm in charge - I know what I'm doing so how dare you question me"

the other quote (from when we signed him) basically says Dodoo is quick & can run at defenders. This only happens when the game is stretched & the opposition have to come at you because they are losing. It most games after 70 mins we are either behind or level - thus we are the ones attacking & the opposition have 10 men behind the ball & we can't break them down. I saw this at Plymouth & Gillingham & at Home v Southend & Bury. Better option in these games is to have 2 big men up front & get crosses in from the byline. But we don't have that option so nothing will change.
  • Options
    the man came from rangers, who are probably championship standard at best and he wasn't required there.
  • Options
    #justsaying
  • Options

he's saying "I'm in charge - I know what I'm doing so how dare you question me"

the other quote (from when we signed him) basically says Dodoo is quick & can run at defenders. This only happens when the game is stretched & the opposition have to come at you because they are losing. It most games after 70 mins we are either behind or level - thus we are the ones attacking & the opposition have 10 men behind the ball & we can't break them down. I saw this at Plymouth & Gillingham & at Home v Southend & Bury. Better option in these games is to have 2 big men up front & get crosses in from the byline. But we don't have that option so nothing will change.
    Seems to me that Golfie has nailed it.

• Options
    KR now speaking to clubs about bringing in strikers in January.

Not looking good for Dodoo