Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bristol Rovers | Sat 05 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Is Aribo out injured? Would like to see him at least make the bench - looked impressive in preseason.
  • Options

Is Aribo out injured? Would like to see him at least make the bench - looked impressive in preseason.

He returned to training this week.

• Options
    I don't think we will lose, but things can go against us and quite often do. Rovers beating WBA on Saturday, suggests they will be tougher. I saw the home win against them last season and thought theylost it in midfield. Our midfield was no great shakes, but it prefered to play against old and slow, which is what the Rovers one looked like. I think we are stronger than last season in that respect -we have to be with Kashi and Foster-Caskey, but will Kashi last when he gets kicked? Are Rovers stronger in that respect too?

If I have to stick my neck out, I'll go for a 2-1 win - possibly gained coming from behind.

• Options
    A comfortable 3-1 win on a warm sunny day. Good football and a lot of promising performances.

Over the top comments follow across Charlton sites and social media. "We'll walk this league", "maybe just maybe they've changed" and digs at CARD, moaners and protesters.

"One swallow", "squad still lacks depth" and "let's see how things look in a few months" and similar comments from those less convinced.
  • Options
    still don't think were as good as some think we are we won a friendly, 4 points from bristol and plymouth would be a good start plus beating Exeter as i do like a little cup run ( LOL ).
  • Options

still don't think were as good as some think we are we won a friendly, 4 points from bristol and plymouth would be a good start plus beating Exeter as i do like a little cup run ( LOL ).

Two games in a cup competition is a 'run' for us!

We do need to concentrate on the league though
  • Options
    A dominant display and 2-0 to the Addicks. I just hope there are no freak injuries to key players, especially Kashi who cannot yet be 100% match fit. After his performance against Ipswich, he looks like he is/can be the best midfielder in League one.
  • Options
    Think we will race out the blocks as I think KR will be gee'ing them up all week! gonna go for a comfortable 2-0 win. (Holmes, Clarke)
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

always nice for the fans though isn't it, which despite current owners would like a big away day to arsenal/spurs/chelsea something like that.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    where as what i think will happen is we will get playoffs but wont win them, what qaulity have we added since last season?, we finished 13th, i just don't think we've got the players or manager to win this league, as always if im wrong ill be over the moon, but just not confident in the current crop and management team, our squad is far far too thin, 2/3 injuries to our strongest 11 and we look at best a top half of the table side.

this division is weak this year, and throwing a bit of money at the squad we could of blitzed it but he hasnt instead weve had more outgoings than in comings, so i don't see how were any better off than last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

always nice for the fans though isn't it, which despite current owners would like a big away day to arsenal/spurs/chelsea something like that.
    Sorry, smiley face at the end didn't post.

Would not mind an away game against West Ham.

It would be good to sit in a stand a partly own!
  • Options
    2-1 to Charlton.
  • Options
    I think JJ will be on n the bench.

I think they'll be riding a wave after the weekends trumping of Ipswich but then a Bristol will be looking for revenge.

It's got 0-0 or 1-1 written all over it. I'll go 1-1.
  • Options
    Same here. 1-1.
  • Options
    1 -2 loss followed by KR stating in his post match press conference that he still needs 8 new players!
  • Options
    3-0 to us

...robbo goes missing just after half time to pinch the hub caps off of the Bristol rovers coach
  • Options
    I do not know if I have had a long sleep but on SSN today they put for League 1 fixtures this week Charlton v Bristol City. Did I miss a promotion
  • Options
    Just picked up some tickets. First time I have been to the ground in nearly two years. Last two times I saw them play has been at the new Den.

I don't know if it was the weather but the ground and its surrounds seemed much more shabby than I remember.
  • Options
    Have the seats been cleaned?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just picked up some tickets. First time I have been to the ground in nearly two years. Last two times I saw them play has been at the new Den.

I don't know if it was the weather but the ground and its surrounds seemed much more shabby than I remember.

To be fair, it's probably the weather. Such a shit day.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this one and feeling cautiously optimistic, which is always a slight worry.

I see that Bristol Rovers had sold 1,729 tickets as at Monday morning, so they should have around 2,000 or thereabouts in the Jimmy Seed Stand, which will at least generate a bit of atmosphere.
  • Options
    5-1 win
  • Options
    2-0
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    2-0 again
  • Options
    You can say that again.
  • Options
    1-1, Tough game against proper opposition not a training match.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Rovers have strengthened close season, lost any good players?

I do hope it is agood turn out from our supportes as it seems that they are turning up in numbers.

I know that boycotters won't be so no need to post, but how many of the can't be bothered from last year are going?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

2-0 again

Is that 2-0 in each half, making 4-0 in total!