Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Van hits pedestrians outside Finsbury Park Mosque

Comments

• Options

rananegra said:

The point of the parallels being drawn with "getting the leaders of the white community to condemn this act" etc is that it is precisely what happens every time there's a terror attack done by Islamists in the West. The "Muslim community must condemn this" and generally they do. But the Muslims I know don't get why it's only them who get asked it and why it's not taken as a given. Why it is that when white racists carry out these attacks there isn't the same response and a lot of the time it's not even called terrorism when a white bloke does it, he's always a lone wolf. I don't think anyone drawing these parallels thinks it's true - it's a rhetorical device. (I could be wrong of course)

The elephant in the room is that most Muslims know where the hate-preachers are funded from and the particular strain of fundamentalist Islam that is the best funded across the Islamic world is the promoted ideology of the house of Saud. And no one is going to bite that particular hand - not the mosques, and certainly not the western governments who are allied to Saudi Arabia.

Is 'white' an ideology? Also, is there such a thing as 'the white community'? do we/they have community leaders? does 'white' have places of worship where an ideological 'white' belief is taught?

Not looking for an argument but I just don't get the parallels at all.
    Great post... I work in engineering and we have great engineers from all parts of the world who work with us.... One issue were going through is some of our asian /black/muslim engineers and scientists have formed a black engineering organisation..

We of course wernt allowed to create a white simular.... Whose racist.
    There's a quiz game there somewhere
  • Options

rananegra said:

The point of the parallels being drawn with "getting the leaders of the white community to condemn this act" etc is that it is precisely what happens every time there's a terror attack done by Islamists in the West. The "Muslim community must condemn this" and generally they do. But the Muslims I know don't get why it's only them who get asked it and why it's not taken as a given. Why it is that when white racists carry out these attacks there isn't the same response and a lot of the time it's not even called terrorism when a white bloke does it, he's always a lone wolf. I don't think anyone drawing these parallels thinks it's true - it's a rhetorical device. (I could be wrong of course)

The elephant in the room is that most Muslims know where the hate-preachers are funded from and the particular strain of fundamentalist Islam that is the best funded across the Islamic world is the promoted ideology of the house of Saud. And no one is going to bite that particular hand - not the mosques, and certainly not the western governments who are allied to Saudi Arabia.

Is 'white' an ideology? Also, is there such a thing as 'the white community'? do we/they have community leaders? does 'white' have places of worship where an ideological 'white' belief is taught?

Great post... I work in engineering and we have great engineers from all parts of the world who work with us.... One issue were going through is some of our asian /black/muslim engineers and scientists have formed a black engineering organisation..

There's a quiz game there somewhere
    So whats it going to be called.. White man's bluff
  • Options

rananegra said:

It seems strange that you were prevented from doing so. But stranger still to think you might need to.

What were its aims?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

rananegra said:

It seems strange that you were prevented from doing so. But stranger still to think you might need to.

What were its aims?
    The same as the other lot
  • Options

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    What were their aims?
  • Options
    I work closely with the ministry defence police (mdp) guess what theres a black MDP but my colleagues are not allowed to create a white MDP...
  • Options

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    If your aims were identical to theirs, you could have joined their organisation.
  • Options

I work closely with the ministry defence police (mdp) guess what theres a black MDP but my colleagues are not allowed to create a white MDP...

Not really clear what you're saying here?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    If your aims were identical to theirs, you could have joined their organisation.
    Ffs we wernt allowed cos were white.... Wake up
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    You should set up your own organisation then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    Come on chippy - you know what he's getting at.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    We tried but were told it was deemed as being racist...
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    But, chippy, if your aims were the same as the other group's, you don't need another one.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    I'm not clear what the aims of this organisation were? What are the problems?

I can't see the point of setting something up if it doesn't have any aims.....
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    But, chippy, if your aims were the same as the other group's, you don't need another one.
    Hello.. So why did they need to create one.
  • Options
    We have a black lawyers association. Wtf is that about
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    If they had some aims, aspirations, desires and ambitions, it's great that they had the opportunity to set one up. And good that they were so fast to act.

However, now it's been set up, if there are other people with the same aims, a group doesn't have to be set up: it already exists.

So really, you should be pleased they've done all the hard work to support and deliver their aims, which you said are the same as yours.

Win-win.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

This might have something to do with it.

THE DIRECTOR of the Black Solicitors Network (BSN) is calling on law regulators to introduce employment and progression targets after their recent diversity league table showed “shockingly” low representation of black lawyers in senior positions.

Cordella Bart-Stewart, founder and executive director of the 6,000-member organisation, set up the BSN Diversity League Table in 2006 amid concerns that African and Caribbean solicitors were not getting equal access to advancement opportunities.

The table measures and tracks employment trends within the legal profession. This year 42 firms with an average of 454 paid employees took part in the study.

It was found that, despite overall improvements in black and minority ethnic (BME) intakes, and the fact that approximately 33 per cent of students starting a first degree in law hailed from a BME background, only 0.6 per cent of black solicitors make partner.
  • Options

I dunno - are you a member? There's also a London gay men's chorus, black police federation etc Wtf is going on?
  • Options
    There's also a London Paranoid Network. But you haven't been invited to join, chippy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

THE DIRECTOR of the Black Solicitors Network (BSN) is calling on law regulators to introduce employment and progression targets after their recent diversity league table showed “shockingly” low representation of black lawyers in senior positions.

Cordella Bart-Stewart, founder and executive director of the 6,000-member organisation, set up the BSN Diversity League Table in 2006 amid concerns that African and Caribbean solicitors were not getting equal access to advancement opportunities.

The table measures and tracks employment trends within the legal profession. This year 42 firms with an average of 454 paid employees took part in the study.

It was found that, despite overall improvements in black and minority ethnic (BME) intakes, and the fact that approximately 33 per cent of students starting a first degree in law hailed from a BME background, only 0.6 per cent of black solicitors make partner.
    Sorry but whats this got to do with forming an orrganisation based on colour.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?
    If they had some aims, aspirations, desires and ambitions, it's great that they had the opportunity to set one up. And good that they were so fast to act.

However, now it's been set up, if there are other people with the same aims, a group doesn't have to be set up: it already exists.

So really, you should be pleased they've done all the hard work to support and deliver their aims, which you said are the same as yours.

Win-win.
    Your right.. You suffering from sun stroke... I open a corner shop and say white people only apply for jobs based on your above rhetoric.. Is that ok.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Equal opportunities for minority groups?

If 90% of engineers were BME and all the top tops went to BME then it would be entirely valid for their to be a White Engineers Association.

I'm guessing it's the other way around though.

The question still stands, what would be the aims of a White Engineers Association, apart from 'well if they've got one then so should we'.
  • Options
    I'm assuming a lot of groups are set up to fight prejudice - as far as I can see this affects some groups more than others. There is a whole host of studies and literature on the subject or alternatively it could be dismissed as 'fake news'.

I don't know why people are so threatened by attempts to combat prejudice?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

If 90% of engineers were BME and all the top tops went to BME then it would be entirely valid for their to be a White Engineers Association.

The question still stands, what would be the aims of a White Engineers Association, apart from 'well if they've got one then so should we'.
    We are an equal opportunities company... My question to YOU is why does colour have to do with ability to do the job... If your good you will get the job .. Too many minorities are forming these little clubs as they are simply not good enough....
    Btw our chief executive is black and the best guy we've had for years, and he tried to stop it but wooly liberals voted it in... He resigned and will leave in october.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

rananegra said:

What were its aims?

Win-win.
    Your right.. You suffering from sun stroke... I open a corner shop and say white people only apply for jobs based on your above rhetoric.. Is that ok.
    My right what?

No, if you did that, you'd be breaking the law.
  • Options

I'm assuming a lot of groups are set up to fight prejudice - as far as I can see this affects some groups more than others. There is a whole host of studies and literature on the subject or alternatively it could be dismissed as 'fake news'.

There is no requirement to do it.. If i set up a white charlton fan club i assume based on the response so far you would be happy to join me. As my aims would be the same as some that have been mentioned. Ie minority club in London
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

We are an equal opportunities company... My question to YOU is why does colour have to do with ability to do the job... If your good you will get the job .. Too many minorities are forming these little clubs as they are simply not good enough....
    Btw our chief executive is black and the best guy we've had for years, and he tried to stop it but wooly liberals voted it in... He resigned and will leave in october.
    Well if you are truly an equal opps employer, and you have a robust performance management system that will accurately and fairly identify poor performers and also those with potential for advancement then the Black Engineers aint got anything to worry about, have they?

And the answer to your question is of course colour has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with ability to do a job.
  • Options

There is no requirement to do it.. If i set up a white charlton fan club i assume based on the response so far you would be happy to join me. As my aims would be the same as some that have been mentioned. Ie minority club in London
    What would be the purpose of a white Charlton fan club? What things to white Charlton fans miss out on that other Charlton fans are able to avail themselves of?
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

There is a massive amount of prejudice in our society - mediocre white people have had the upper hand for decades. People are routinely denied interviews on the basis of their surname and not their qualifications.

If you read the numerous studies and reports on the subject rather than quote urban myths you might see why action is taken.