Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Where are the Charlton Life Tory voters ?

We can see you creeping out.
  • Where are the Charlton Life Tory voters ?

We can see you creeping out.

Waiting for Abbott to get her sums wrong again.
  • edited November 2017
    Rob7Lee said:

we're all counting our offshore money :wink:

I dunno I'm busy counting Lord Ashcroft's dear's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMBXARpIqME
  • Yet again watching the news on the Brexit saboteur bbc tonight, how the hell are they still standing.
  • 4.5 years to go yet mate.......
  • Patel will be gone in the morning. Two more undisclosed & unauthorised meetings with Israeli officials, since she got back from her (working) holiday. At least one took place in parliament and she mis-led May about both.

Apparently she wants to be PM! I am astounded at how far some people believe in their importance, when all evidence points to the fact that have absolutely no leadership qualities at all.
  • edited November 2017
    Does anyone else get the feeling that Boris will fly out to Iran, they'll release the poor woman and he'll end up being held up as a hero?

Obviously I've no wish to see her stay in prison but it would be just typical for BJ to rock up and end up claiming the credit for something he's actually made worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope Patel gets the boot. One of those sneering Tories that really get my back up.

100% this. She’s blatantly one of those massive up themselves cow’s you meet in your life who you would immediately take a disliking to

I can only imagine her own inflated sense of self importance in just about every aspect of her life

Would love to see her out of the rotting decay that is our cabinet
  • edited November 2017
    ...her staff and Liam Fox took the later flight btw. No reports on whether a laundry basket was involved.

When the Telegraph are reporting this she's toast...or at least should be.
  • She'll be sacked soon and then onto the next calamity within our political system and people.

If it's not Boris putting his size 12's in it, Corbyn employing convicted fraudsters or all manner of politicians being accused of inappropriate behaviour. The whole system grates on my nerves most of the time. I'm sure there are very good and honest politicians but they don't seem to be showing their faces an awful lot right now.....
  • Does anyone else get the feeling that Boris will fly out to Iran, they'll release the poor woman and he'll end up being held up as a hero?

Obviously I've no wish to see her stay in prison but it would be just typical for BJ to rock up and end up claiming the credit for something he's actually made worse.

I thought that but then wondered what concessions that we (the nation) would have to make to secure it.
  • cabbles said:

Hope Patel gets the boot. One of those sneering Tories that really get my back up.

100% this. She’s blatantly one of those massive up themselves cow’s you meet in your life who you would immediately take a disliking to

I can only imagine her own inflated sense of self importance in just about every aspect of her life

Would love to see her out of the rotting decay that is our cabinet
    Nadhim Zahawi trying to defend her on C4 news and Newsnight was one of the most puke inducing episodes I have seen in a long time.
  • edited November 2017
    Rob7Lee said:

She'll be sacked soon and then onto the next calamity within our political system and people.

If it's not Boris putting his size 12's in it, Corbyn employing convicted fraudsters or all manner of politicians being accused of inappropriate behaviour. The whole system grates on my nerves most of the time. I'm sure there are very good and honest politicians but they don't seem to be showing their faces an awful lot right now.....

Can you elaborate on the Corbyn charge? Can't find any recent news on this one.
  • Yet one motivator of Brexit was a desire for so called sovereignty and democracy compared to the EU.
    We wake every day and gaze with increasing incredulity at the behaviour of so many of our elected representatives.
    Sovereigns avoid tax, and politicians serve themselves not the people in this seedy little country.
    The British isles are a great and beautiful place being destroyed by calculating behaviour by those who salivate for power position and influence.
  • Does anyone else get the feeling that Boris will fly out to Iran, they'll release the poor woman and he'll end up being held up as a hero?

I thought that but then wondered what concessions that we (the nation) would have to make to secure it.
    We've not much to offer agreed but I think they will be looking to secure some support in their ongoing "discussions" with Trumps administration. Can't hurt to have the British Foreign Sec indebted to you when it's one of the few governments likely to have even a modicum of influence over the US.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oops...she's flying back now.

Bye, bye Priti.
  • Fiiish said:

Rob7Lee said:

She'll be sacked soon and then onto the next calamity within our political system and people.

Reported in last night's standard and I can see that the Telegraph & Mail also carried it. Convicted in 2006, Marsha-Jane Thompson having attempted to add 100 voter registrations in Newham which she completed and signed herself.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-gives-job-as-campaign-chief-to-leftwinger-guilty-of-voter-fraud-a3684296.html

• Leuth said:

TelMc32 said:

Fiiish said:

Rob7Lee said:

Reported in last night's standard and I can see that the Telegraph & Mail also carried it. Convicted in 2006, Marsha-Jane Thompson having attempted to add 100 voter registrations in Newham which she completed and signed herself.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-gives-job-as-campaign-chief-to-leftwinger-guilty-of-voter-fraud-a3684296.html

Well, that's terrible. Within the last 15 years and wrongly enfranchising a whole hundred people in a borough of several hundred thousand. Corbyn should resign instantly. This is probably the worst oversight by a politician since appeasement
    While I agree this is false equivalence, can you not see potential scandal in appointing a person convicted of voter fraud? You looking at the situation so flippantly is as ridiculous as the initial comparison.
  • TelMc32 said:

Fiiish said:

Rob7Lee said:

Thanks.

I have no initial problem with this. Happened over 11 years ago, conviction is spent and she has been quite open with her past and has not been involved in any transgressions since. Should she have been given a lifelong ban from all public activities or do we believe in a society of rehabilitation and redemption? Should the ex Bullingdon lot be banned from Parliament due to their activities?
  • Leuth said:

And just like that, we're talking about the sins of the Labour Party instead. It's that easy!

Absolute nonsense.
  • Fiiish said:

TelMc32 said:

Fiiish said:

Rob7Lee said:

Thanks.

I have no initial problem with this. Happened over 11 years ago, conviction is spent and she has been quite open with her past and has not been involved in any transgressions since. Should she have been given a lifelong ban from all public activities or do we believe in a society of rehabilitation and redemption? Should the ex Bullingdon lot be banned from Parliament due to their activities?
    It's actually a well timed appointment - nothing more. All other things being equal, the optics of this appointment are poor. However among a Tory public implosion, it's not even headline news in three conservative news vehicles.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!