Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thunder lightning & heavy rain

Comments

• Options

Thunder here in Westcombe Park, starting to rain. Lots of blue sky.

We are in Westcombe Park too! Think it’s passed because I watered the garden
  • Options
    sitting in west london listening to the thunder and watching the storm approach on the lightning map. reckon it's gonna hit in about 15 minutes
  • Options
    Nothing going on in Imperial Dynasty in West Malling

I’m trying Afka’s trick and hoping for a lock in but appear to be out of luck
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Nothing going on in Imperial Dynasty in West Malling

I’m trying Afka’s trick and hoping for a lock in but appear to be out of luck

If the weather won’t oblige you can always wedge a table and chairs against the door!

• Options
    It was a lovely Bank Holiday Monday in Eltham North despite all forecasters predicting heavy showers. A little bit of thunder rumbling in the distance but that was all.
  • Options
    Is Eltham North the new Ferrier?
  • Options

Thunderstorm didn't happen in the end, but I took this photo of the wedding venue from the opposite side of the river - Chateau de Beynac

What a dump. Not even a sniff of a bar in that picture.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/ve6XGKZxYxA

Richard Hammond gets hit by lightning on Top Gear,
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

What’s your best interpretation @Hex for SE London out to North Kent today mate?

Tonbridge for mini golf or Bedgebury Pinetum for is I think. Waterproofs in the faraday-cage-on-wheels to be safe
    are mini golf clubs less dangerous in a storm than normal ones?
    If there is a storm, do you stick them out of the car window or keep them inside?
    If I've locked my wife in a Faraday cage, how long should I keep her there?

I'm very confused...
  • Options

Returning from holiday today and due to land at 8:30.
    Anyone know what’s Greek for Imodium?

Pbs, did you get home ?
    Only hour and a half delay due to the knock on effect of the lightening striking the fueling equipment at Stansted.
    Was worrying as the first thing the pilot said was about storms over the south east but not to worry as we had extra fuel on board in case we have to divert.
    As it turned out, it was one of the smoothest flights I’ve been on and saw a stunning lightning show over north London as we approached Stansted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom said:

What’s your best interpretation @Hex for SE London out to North Kent today mate?

Tonbridge for mini golf or Bedgebury Pinetum for is I think. Waterproofs in the faraday-cage-on-wheels to be safe

If I've locked my wife in a Faraday cage, how long should I keep her there?

Until you’re hungry and/or your pants need washing.
  • Options
    Were the BBC weather 'experts' having a bit of a giggle when they forecast pretty fine weather over London & surrounding today, Weds and Thursday at only 19:00 yesterday?

Now all 3 days have turned to shyte!
  • Options

Were the BBC weather 'experts' having a bit of a giggle when they forecast pretty fine weather over London & surrounding today, Weds and Thursday at only 19:00 yesterday?

Yeah, opened all the windows to cool the house down and let the sunshine in and it started to rain.
  • Options

Yeah, opened all the windows to cool the house down and let the sunshine in and it started to rain.
    As forecast.

The remnants of yesterdays storms over France are moving west over us now (almost gone) BUT now new storms are breaking out over Kent.
  • Options
    Rumbling in Snodland I repeat rumbling in Snodland.
    Run for the hills
    Armageddon is coming
  • Options
    Currently sat on the tarmac at Malaga airport. One hour so far and just been told we’ve now got another 2 hour wait due to deteriorating weather over there?? Dull. Is there actually storms now?

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Currently sat on the tarmac at Malaga airport. One hour so far and just been told we’ve now got another 2 hour wait due to deteriorating weather over there?? Dull. Is there actually storms now?

We've had thunder, lightning and torrential rain all morning in Kent. Our courtyard at work looks like a lake. I haven't seen rain like this for a long time.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Snowing in Malaga according to the BBC!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Snow ploughs out at Gatwick, trying to prevent the drifting.

• Options
    It’s also currently peeing down here now!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Snow ploughs out at Gatwick, trying to prevent the drifting.

horrendous scenesimage
  • Options

Curb_It said:

We've had thunder, lightning and torrential rain all morning in Kent. Our courtyard at work looks like a lake. I haven't seen rain like this for a long time.
    Left later to drive in today. Very hairy on the M2, A2 and M25 with torrential rain and spray, interspersed with lightning and thunder, then as if by magic hit the A20 at J 3 of the M 25 and visibility much better with just a bit of drizzle to contend with.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

It’s also currently peeing down here now!

Landslide at Stansted now halted all flights.

I just hope that tornado doesn't touch down anywhere near Heathrow.

Looks like your stuck playing eye spy out of the plane window for the next few hours @Curb_It
  • Options
    dont start singing
  • Options
    Biblical proportions of rain in Gravesend for the last couple of hours!
  • Options
    Eltham North currently under 6 feet of water.
  • Options

Biblical proportions of rain in Gravesend for the last couple of hours!

Just had the most hair-raising drive back from Larkfield. Not seen rain like it for years. Pulled into a little road before going on M20 to ‘let it pass’ as almost zero visibility and within 5 minutes we were almost parked in a river! Was torrential the whole drive back, huge puddles on M20. 40mph max back the whole way, Bar the odd pathetic foreign lorry / German coach smashing down the outside lane at 70mph :-(
  • Options
    Starting to ease off at last in Bexley.