Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thunder lightning & heavy rain

Comments

• whoo hoo..............its finally here. the rain is finally here.

pouring down outside & the temperature's dropped about 10 degrees.

summers over.

Lol I thought that when it thundered last week, if only that was the case, no doubt the sun will be back with a vengence unfortunatly

summers over.

A week of 23-26 then back to 30+ apparently

summers over.

Not in Bromley. The forecast doesn't get higher than 23C for the next fortnight.

summers over.

Not in Bromley. The forecast doesn't get higher than 23C for the next fortnight.
    Good. Hopefully the report I heard was wrong then.
  • Spent the last month sweltering in the heat with the air con in the car on full blast. Go on holiday to the west country & we're shivering in the cold & watching the rain lash down & the wind howl around our ears......

next sat the sun is due to appear again & temperatures up in the 30's again.....just as we come home.

what the feck have I done to upset the gods.

Just seen this. Poor old Golfie.

You must have caught the only spell of wet weather we've had in Cornwall since the beginning of May.
    And it hasn't rained since!

:smile:

• anyone using the lightingmaps.org find it not very good since they took the google map off? last night was terrible for finding out anything about where it was heading and where it had been.
  • anyone using the lightingmaps.org find it not very good since they took the google map off? last night was terrible for finding out anything about where it was heading and where it had been.

Yes, same. Really annoying!

Yup, not as good.
    They've stopped using Google due to cost.
  • Oggy Red said:

Spent the last month sweltering in the heat with the air con in the car on full blast. Go on holiday to the west country & we're shivering in the cold & watching the rain lash down & the wind howl around our ears......

next sat the sun is due to appear again & temperatures up in the 30's again.....just as we come home.

what the feck have I done to upset the gods.

Just seen this. Poor old Golfie.

You must have caught the only spell of wet weather we've had in Cornwall since the beginning of May.
    And it hasn't rained since!

:smile:

tbf its wasn't all bad in the end. Only rained on the first 2 days, but although it did brighten up the temperature was only around the 21/22 degree mark with usually a cool breeze (we were overlooking the sea) and only a couple of clear blue sky days.

However............it was very pleasant compared to what hit us when we got home. Hot & humid and had all the windows open & fans on. Today so much better........
  • Sponsored links:

• Walking around the stones at Avebury when the heavens opened
    Pub 1 Ancient History 0
  • Lightening every few seconds here in Orpington.

Have you tried windy.com? You can select rain/thunder on the right hand scale and progress using the time scale at the bottom.
  • Holy mother of thunder
  • Holy mother of thunder

where are you? no rumblings of note in sunny sidcup?
  • Holy mother of thunder

Bermondsey, torrential rain and thunder for past hour or so
  • Just got through it in Bermondsey. Rivers for roads
  • Holy mother of thunder

It's arrived. Lords, Bermondsey, Sidcup.
  • Also in Bermondsey (Old Kent Road) left off a bit and patch of blue sky overhead!
  • Holy mother of thunder

It's arrived. Lords, Bermondsey, Sidcup.
    Lovely, so its moving south east, just in time for me to cop it when I get home too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Torrential in Horsham.
  • Feel sorry for the new neighbours - they picked a shit time to unload the moving van!
  • Nowt in Dartford
  • got stuck in the pub in the City....proper downpour !
  • EastStand said:

Feel sorry for the new neighbours - they picked a shit time to unload the moving van!

They should've waited for it to stop.
  • Not exactly what we were forecast, which was light showers
  • got stuck in the pub in the City....proper downpour !

Oh not that old chestnut on a Friday lunchtime, 'Sorry we are late back from lunch boss didn't have an umbrella with us' :smirk: :
  • Drove home along M20 from junction 6 to 8 and visibility was dreadful with a lot of standing water. I kept in lane 1 but traffic was all flying past at crazy speeds. Some with no lights. People seem to think you can drive normally in bad conditions.
  • Drove home along M20 from junction 6 to 8 and visibility was dreadful with a lot of standing water. I kept in lane 1 but traffic was all flying past at crazy speeds. Some with no lights. People seem to think you can drive normally in bad conditions.

Not the middle lane? :wink: