Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Allardyce quits Palace?

Comments

• Options
    Still, he always maintained he was as good as any continental manager, but was underrated for being English. He'd have no excuse if he messed it up abroad. I kinda wish he had given it a shot and succeeded. Not a fan of his personality, but I do think he could have been more successful.
  • Options

Set to miss out on Marco Silva to Watford.

Confirmed.

• Options
    New favourite is Garry Monk.
  • Options
    I'm hearing Sam's departure was health related. Won't detail it, but sounds pretty damn serious.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I'm hearing Sam's departure was health related. Won't detail it, but sounds pretty damn serious.

Hope you are Wrong!
  • Options
    Didnt he have a heart op a few years ago?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I wouldn't be surprised he's a big/heavy bloke.
  • Options
    So Holmes will be off to Palace if Wilder gets the job?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has he gone yet ?
  • Options

Has he gone yet ?

I assume you mean left Palace?

http://mobile.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/a-statement-from-sam-allardyce-about-crystal-palace-football-club-3724069.aspx

This was posted on their website on Tuesday, last week.
  • Options
    Can't bring myself to click it
  • Options

Can't bring myself to click it

Well trust me, it confirms that he has left.
  • Options
    Palace said to be about to announce Frank de Boer as their manager
  • Options
    Could be a good appointment for them, could be dreadful.

Never managed in the Premier League, bombed in his first manager's job outside of the Netherlands...
  • Options
    Let's hope he bombes out here if he takes the job.
    Palarce getting relegated next season is about as good as it gets for me .
    Unless Roland sells of course
  • Options

He was my dream for manager here, but obviously he was not gonna drop so far.

He is a "system" type, loves to build up the academy, does not demand control over the transfer budget, likes to actually coach, and was a good player.

If Palace gives him some time, he will improve them a lot.
  • Options
    If it is Frank de Boer it will not be so long before he is booted out of the door.Costing Palace more money he can then go back home and put his feet up with a sack full of money.

Football with him will send Palace fans running for the hills,before the fall.
  • Options
    From Big Trousers* to pants.

*Literal translation of Groetebroek, where he grew up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shopping in a different supermarket to us again
  • Options

He was my dream for manager here, but obviously he was not gonna drop so far.

He is a "system" type, loves to build up the academy, does not demand control over the transfer budget, likes to actually coach, and was a good player.

If Palace gives him some time, he will improve them a lot.
    Good luck to any manager wanting to build up anything these days. The reality for the majority of clubs in the PL is that survival is everything, and if it takes packing your team with experienced pros to nick a 1-0 win at West Brom, then that's what has to be done...
  • Options
    Well Palace bore me
  • Options
    great appointment, hopefully they enjoy Championship football next season, cant see this working at all
  • Options
    Palace and 'total football' really doesnt fit .
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    barstool said:

great appointment, hopefully they enjoy Championship football next season, cant see this working at all

They're jammy Palace...

As a club they could get caught up in the middle of some stampeding Elephants and still survive!! - Only time they'll ever get in trouble is when VAR finally comes to the Premier League, the amount of penalties that Zaha wins will drop like a stone!!
  • Options
    Have I ever stated on here that I despise the Jammy Stripey Bastards?
  • Options

Palace and 'total football' really doesnt fit .

You're forgetting Palace were the team of the 80's.