Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Who

Comments

• Options
    That's really cool Dave, it is worth a few quid now, worth the price of a case of whisky at least. Good to see you have still have it.
  • Options
    Announced a UK tour in July this week. Playing the o2 on the 12th, tickets go on general sale this Friday but got mine in a pre-sale this morning. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Announced a UK tour in July this week. Playing the o2 on the 12th, tickets go on general sale this Friday but got mine in a pre-sale this morning. Can't wait.
    How do you qualify for a pre-sale and how much were they? I clicked the link and only 3 dates came up, not including London (or Brighton)
  • Options
    How do you qualify for a pre-sale and how much were they? I clicked the link and only 3 dates came up, not including London (or Brighton)
    As an o2 customer, I got mine on their priority app.
  • Options
    We have virgin media which I think you can also log in with - how much were they?
  • Options
    We have virgin media which I think you can also log in with - how much were they?
    I paid £144 in total for mine, floor block B. There were cheaper options though.
  • Options
    I paid £144 in total for mine, floor block B. There were cheaper options though.
    Lol, when you select best, you get section A101, when you select A you get section B and the equivalent for selecting B, you get C!
  • Options
    I might hi might have some of this.  Saw them last at the London Arena in 2000. Entwhistle was on fire. They had a camera at the end of his bass. Trying to even watch his fingers during my generation was knackering.  Top night out it was.  
  • Options
    R - I’m still undecided as i don’t know if I’ll be in the UK but will let you know if I go and we can meet for a beer. T
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    R - I’m still undecided as i don’t know if I’ll be in the UK but will let you know if I go and we can meet for a beer. T
    OK mate, would be good to catch up if you're about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is anyone going to the Sandringham gig on Monday?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I was thinking of driving up there for it but have work the next morning and would be a bloody late night. Normally wouldn’t bother me but it’s the first day back after 2 weeks off.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I was thinking of driving up there for it but have work the next morning and would be a bloody late night. Normally wouldn’t bother me but it’s the first day back after 2 weeks off.
    My mate gave me his tickets because he didn't fancy the drive back either.

I've been looking at places to stay over, but the prices have been cranked up in the local area!
  • Options
    Yeah, it’s a shame it’s a bit of a remote location. It’s the last show of the tour and potentially their last ever so really want to go. 
  • Options
    Shame their last gig of the tour is in Sandringham. I don’t have a car and it’s a bugger to get there. 
    Really loved their performance at the O2. 
    @DaveMehmet Do you really think it could be their last gig? 
  • Options
    Probably won’t be their last ever gig but honestly can’t see them touring again.
  • Options
    Announced they're playing 2 nights as part of the Teenage Cancer Trust week at the RAH in March with support from Squeeze. Daltrey & Townsend are also appearing on the Sunday, along with Weller, Eddie Vedder, Kelly Jones & Robert Plant.

Tickets go on sale this Friday.
  • Options
    As technology has improved so has the sound quality at these events. I don't think its always  for the best, it's just a bit too good for me, to the extent you might as well put a record on,(or stream it).
    The Who were world renown for making your ears bleed, you go to one of their concerts nowadays and they will have an array of speakers hanging either side of the stage and not much else. You can hear every note from every instrument and you can have a conversation with your mates at the same time. Your ears should be ringing, the fillings in your teeth loosened  and you should be death for 3 days after. I doubt kids these days will every experience tinnitus in later life.
  • Options
    Announced they're playing 2 nights as part of the Teenage Cancer Trust week at the RAH in March with support from Squeeze. Daltrey & Townsend are also appearing on the Sunday, along with Weller, Eddie Vedder, Kelly Jones & Robert Plant.

• Options
    jondon76 said:

Wow what a lineup have to try and get tickets for Sunday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As technology has improved so has the sound quality at these events. I don't think its always  for the best, it's just a bit too good for me, to the extent you might as well put a record on,(or stream it).
    The Who were world renown for making your ears bleed, you go to one of their concerts nowadays and they will have an array of speakers hanging either side of the stage and not much else. You can hear every note from every instrument and you can have a conversation with your mates at the same time. Your ears should be ringing, the fillings in your teeth loosened  and you should be death for 3 days after. I doubt kids these days will every experience tinnitus in later life.
    The most pain I ever experienced at a gig was The Troggs at the Deptford Crypt in the early 80's. Volume wise it probably wasn't that loud but in the small enclosed space it was deafening, you were practically on top of the stage. Had to put my fingers in my ears in the end and had ringing for a couple of days afterwards.
  • Options
    The most pain I ever experienced at a gig was The Troggs at the Deptford Crypt in the early 80's. Volume wise it probably wasn't that loud but in the small enclosed space it was deafening, you were practically on top of the stage. Had to put my fingers in my ears in the end and had ringing for a couple of days afterwards.
    Dingwalls, Camden Lock. The ceiling at the stage is/was about 7 foot high and the bands had the volume to No.11.
  • Options

For me - Hammersmith Palais 1982 - King Crimson. I was standing around 10 feet away from the speakers!
  • Options
    edited January 9
    Been at the front of many a Quo gig, The Who at Charlton x2, many, many other gigs too , but of all the gigs I have been to, Girlschool at Woolwich Odeon (circa 1981?) was LOUD! Bass hit your stomach, ears ringing for a few days, wonderful gig!!  Loved the old days at Hammersmith Odeon too, great views and always great sound.
  • Options
    Much prefer The Hu.
  • Options
    Ron Chopper and his Synchopated Seven at the Malvern Winter Gardens will take some beating, there were complaints, the police were called and the Chello player and Harpist got their strings confiscated, mad!
  • Options

Scored a ticket for the show on Wednesday 20th. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Just seen the prices for those 2 dates at the RAH......around £100 -£120 !!!

I just dug out my ticket for the Teenage Cancer Trust gig from 2012. Roger Daltrey & guests (which inc Kelly Jones from the Sterophonics) - £25. 

Now that was value for money. 
  • Options

Scored a ticket for the show on Wednesday 20th. Can't wait.
    I am going on the Monday