Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options

Quite incredible that we have currently failed to make a single signing.

is it really though? How many other clubs have made signings yet?
    Quite a few. Sheffield Utd, Bury, Burton and Millwall to name some from the last few pages on this thread.
    Plus Fleetwood, Port vale, MK Dons, Coventry, Chesterfield & Bolton (and those are just the ones that were in our league last season)

I've just realised that the reason for the inactivity is that KM has decided that if she signs no-one then she cant be accused of buying the wrong player or overpaying the transfer fee and/or wages.
  • Options

saw his instagram over the weekend with " no matter whats happened, this chapters been one of my most enjoyable "

Well, I'm glad he's had fun at least..
  • Options
    Hmm... Not one loanee has returned for a second spell under Roland...
  • Options
    Sage said:

Hmm... Not one loanee has returned for a second spell under Roland...
    Honestly do see both Dasilva and Mavididi coming back next season.
    I wouldn't mind that... especially if RD F***s off too.
  • Options
    My concern with Mavididi would be what impact has the injury had on him. Medical science heals hamstring injuries better than it once did, but so many pacy players have been badly effected by a bad hamstring injury over the years that I'd be hesitant to assume that he will be exactly the same player and tie him up on a season long loan without him proving he's made a full recovery first.
  • Options

My concern with Mavididi would be what impact has the injury had on him. Medical science heals hamstring injuries better than it once did, but so many pacy players have been badly effected by a bad hamstring injury over the years that I'd be hesitant to assume that he will be exactly the same player and tie him up on a season long loan without him proving he's made a full recovery first.

Put a clause in the loan that says if his hamstring goes we can return him to Arsenal, therefore not having to pay his wages if he is out injured
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Put a clause in the loan that says if his hamstring goes we can return him to Arsenal, therefore not having to pay his wages if he is out injured
    And if Arsenal say "no"?

• Options
    Is it not standard for the player to return in the event of injury anyway?
  • Options

Is it not standard for the player to return in the event of injury anyway?

Depends but that doesn't mean the loaning club stop paying the wages if that was the deal.
  • Options

And if Arsenal say "no"?

Then we don't loan him we go for someone else.
  • Options
    I imagine both parties will be well insured against it anyway, so probably a moot point.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Talking of Arsenal loan strikers, I think Sanogo has been released. Wouldn't break the bank although doubt we have any scouts or coaching staff still around from the distant history of about 14 months ago.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Its not so much that if his hamstring goes, any player can get injured at anytime, it's more has his hamstring injury affected his ability, specifically, is he still as quick as he was.

It's not always the case, but if quick players lose pace, it can often turn them form a very good player to an average or even poor one overnight. I'd prefer to see him play as a trialist in 2 or 3 pre season games and see if he looks like the same player we had before he got injured. Not saying we should just not sign him, just saying we shouldn't just assume he'll be a good signing based solely on last season.
  • Options
    Michael Owen a case in point. Although Danny Haynes suffered for years but was still the quickest player I've seen in a Charlton shirt. Bournemouth away he was unplayable.
  • Options

Michael Owen a case in point. Although Danny Haynes suffered for years but was still the quickest player I've seen in a Charlton shirt. Bournemouth away he was unplayable.

The quickest.
    What about Dennis in the last minute?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spanners release David Forde and Joe Martin. A goalkeeper and a left back. Two positions that we need this summer.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

The quickest.
    What about Dennis in the last minute?
    Yes and Pringle was quick but I stand by my Dan. Possibly Dennis suffered from the ball always played behind him so he had to make standing starts.
  • Options
    Dennis was the fastest I've ever seen. Didn't he used to run 100m in 10seconds?
  • Options
    I'm sure someone more ITK can correct me but could Thursday be the first day of anything? I think some contracts start to expire then.
  • Options

I'm sure someone more ITK can correct me but could Thursday be the first day of anything? I think some contracts start to expire then.

I thought most players contracts end on June 30th
  • Options
    I think youth contracts end at the end of May and senior players contracts finish end of June.
  • Options
    As of right now... is Dasilva still ours?

How much to buy him if we had the will?
  • Options

As of right now... is Dasilva still ours?

How much to buy him if we had the will?

No he's not ours, and way more than we could pay