Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Tom Elliott is a good League One player. Championship? Maybe.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Also, I want this guy bad....

Will Vaulks, Rotherham's best player. DM. 23. Hates to lose. Once played for free just to get into football. Ours for £400-500k. 1.8m tall. Rangers want him too.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-how-will-vaulks-is-winning-over-the-millers-doubters-1-8562415

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Tom Elliott is a good League One player. Championship? Maybe.

I'd describe him as "fitting their style of play." Big, powerful targetman to provide cover for/challenge Morrison or even Gregory, who isn't that small just quicker.

Under normal circumstances doesn't scream "Championship" signing, but Millwall have a game plan and a way of playing that Elliot will fit into well (what I saw of AFCW they played in a not dissimilar way). 4-4-2, scrappy, get it forward quickly to the two battling forwards, use the wings for crosses, etc. They could get massively found out in the Championship, they could finish midtable. Obviously hope it's the former not only because it's Millwall, but also because I'd really like to see that style of football relegated further and further down the footballing pyramid.
  • Options

Also, I want this guy bad....

Will Vaulks, Rotherham's best player. DM. 23. Hates to lose. Once played for free just to get into football. Ours for £400-500k. 1.8m tall. Rangers want him too.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-how-will-vaulks-is-winning-over-the-millers-doubters-1-8562415

As Rotherham lost 33 out of 46 games last season, he must have really hatred it!
  • Options
    signing a player called Ball is not a good idea, most of our players are adverse to them
  • Options
    Quite incredible that we have currently failed to make a single signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

is it really though? How many other clubs have made signings yet?
    Just that we've been linked with about a thousand players and not signed one yet. Even massive clubs like Bury have made multiple signings.

It would be nice to have some positive news...
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:

Heard a few rumours that Naby Sarr will be offered a new contract on reduced wages.
    The club believe that he has shown significant signs of improvement during season abroad.

How would they know? Bet we've only sent someone over to watch him 2/3 times all season, max
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:

Heard a few rumours that Naby Sarr will be offered a new contract on reduced wages.
    The club believe that he has shown significant signs of improvement during season abroad.

He has a long contract on high wages at the moment as I understand it. Why would he accept a reduction?
  • Options
    He only played about 20 games for a team that got relegated from the second division in France where only 3 teams conceded more than Red Star all season. Did he really do that well? I very much doubt it.
  • Options
    Sage said:

He only played about 20 games for a team that got relegated from the second division in France where only 3 teams conceded more than Red Star all season. Did he really do that well? I very much doubt it.

seth plum said:

CafcSteve said:

He has a long contract on high wages at the moment as I understand it. Why would he accept a reduction?
    It was, I believe, a joke
  • Options
    He
    Sage said:

oh dear another expensive flop!
  • Options

Players being identified here are also without doubt on other teams radars. I really have no confidence that we will persuede in demand players to sign for us over any Championship club and at least 8 or so League One teams. Players and agents know we are a basket case and will look to better prospects elsewhere.

Until Duchatelet sells we are set in aspic.

Disagree, certainly when it comes to L1 clubs

Against most L1 clubs, unless someone wants to stay up north, we'll be far more attractive (apart from perhaps Bradford). Players will see the better wages, ground and training facilities. I don't think players care about the off field stuff that much anyway

As for Championship clubs, well that would apply in most cases whoever our owner was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    were linked with no one but then none of our sqaud are apart from holmes?, i take it watt's gone?
  • Options

were linked with no one but then none of our sqaud are apart from holmes?, i take it watt's gone?

Watt still has a year on his contract.
  • Options
    saw his instagram over the weekend with " no matter whats happened, this chapters been one of my most enjoyable "
  • Options

saw his instagram over the weekend with " no matter whats happened, this chapters been one of my most enjoyable "

when it's on the OS
  • Options

Quite a few. Sheffield Utd, Bury, Burton and Millwall to name some from the last few pages on this thread.
  • Options

Is he doing book reviews as well as film reviews now?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

CafcSteve said:

How would they know? Bet we've only sent someone over to watch him 2/3 times all season, max
    Didn't Katrien have a hen do at some point this season. Perhaps she fitted a game in during the hen do
  • Options

Quite a few. Sheffield Utd, Bury, Burton and Millwall to name some from the last few pages on this thread.
    It is still only May only a handful of clubs have signed players at this stage. No need for panic just yet though!