Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017

Dawson would have been a good signing last season but we've now got JFC, Aribo, and Konsa i'd rather see play there than Dawson now.

Not going to lose any sleep over Lacey. If you read the link he says he might not have been guaranteed first team football at one team which suggests that would be us given we have Pearce, Bauer, Texeiria, Lennon and Konsa.

Sercombe and Maddison would be great additions to the team if they can happen, in the meantime I won't be worrying about players being snapped up by Bury and Gillingham who probably wouldn't get into the team anyway. Beckford is a maybe but still only a maybe, there's probably better options out there.

Dawson is a better all round player than our 3 that you mentioned.

Dawson dominates games. Our 3 go missing at times.
    I don't know if Dawson is the right man or not, but our midfield still needs a player who is determined, aggressive, and consistent, and has a body still able to do the things his mind is willing to.
  • Options

Callum Reilly, decent young player with loads of second tier appearances. Would've been a good signing.

Sercombe has always been decent for League One as well. Don't think he'd make the step up though.

Step up to what ? The championship ? haha lets worry about that once we get an owner who wants what's best for a football club, someone who actually wants to win games. Someone with a bit of an ambition for our football club
  • Options

Callum Reilly, decent young player with loads of second tier appearances. Would've been a good signing.

Sercombe has always been decent for League One as well. Don't think he'd make the step up though.

A guy released by Burton, who played 14 matches for them in L1, then never played in the Championship for them before going out on loan to Coventry doesn't sound that spectacular to me...
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Sercombe is a good player

He's surplus to requirements at Oxford after a bust up with Appleton. Just a case who's willing to match what Oxford want for him.
    Better not post that photo then just in case!
  • Options

Step up to what ? The championship ? haha lets worry about that once we get an owner who wants what's best for a football club, someone who actually wants to win games. Someone with a bit of an ambition for our football club
    Not suggesting we're anywhere near close enough as a club but signing players like Sercombe I don't think moves us any closer to where we want to go.

As a squad player he'd be a good buy. As a first XI regular, not as much.
  • Options
    So am I. Would be a real signal of intent

• Options

Outbidding Luton Town. A real statement of intent.

Top six budget that. Oh Katrien, if you're reading, go fuck yourself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Another statement that will come back to bite him if/when he leaves.

If they learnt to shut up, they wouldn't have to constantly defend themselves when things go tits up.
  • Options
    Player of the season under this regime syndrome.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    He'll be good with Lookman, who we know isn't leaving because Katrien said so.
  • Options

Scoham said:
    He'll be good with Lookman, who we know isn't leaving because Katrien said so.
    Sounds to me a bit of desperation in hoping Ricky stays. I can understand why he's a very good player but the lure of championship football under Wilder will be too much imho.

• Options
    "He'll be a championship player next year"

So are you planning to sell him next summer instead Karl?
  • Options
    It is called making him feel loved, nothing wrong with massaging the ego of one of your own players.

(but Kat will probably still flog him)
  • Options

Exactly, all the players he's spoken to he's asked them, give me 12 months & you'll be in the championship. Really ? is it as simple as that ?
  • Options

Still think Holmes will stay.

This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I don't think Sheffield U will offer enough, to tempt the club to sell.
  • Options

Exactly, all the players he's spoken to he's asked them, give me 12 months & you'll be in the championship. Really ? is it as simple as that ?
    "This time next year, we'll be millionaires"
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Also think Ricky will stay, I reckon he would rather be top dog with us than a squad player with the blades.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Really? Roland cashes in at the first offer.
  • Options
    Think Ricky will see sense and appreciate the fact that our supporters wear better underpants to games than our Sheff Utd counterparts.
  • Options
    I'm sure Holmes will wait to see what happens with squad building before committing to a new contract. He's realistically got one more decent move in him and I can't see why he wouldn't want a chance playing at a higher level.

What's being said about him staying is very good news but if he does stay (fingers crossed) I would expect his agent to be urging him to wait as long as possible. If the right offer then materialises it leaves us little time to replace him. I'm hoping he puts pen to paper sooner rather than later but why should he.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

When did we get new owners? Was it last week?
  • Options

Outbidding Luton Town. A real statement of intent.

Top six budget that. Oh Katrien, if you're reading, go fuck yourself.
    Squirrel face probably does.
  • Options
    We might have a top six budget, indeed I'm sure we do

How much of it is still going to the unwanted signings from 2015/16 though? Once you deduct the net salary (i.e their wages less the small amount the loan club is paying) of Sarr, Ceballos Igor etc, the amount left will be far less impressive