Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options

will become a familiar theme this summer

Dont worry we're looking to get other targets over the line first...

Then come midnight on the 31st August there will be a video of a frustrated Karl Robinson as he explains that clubs are demanding joke prices because we're Charlton and that those clubs need to take a good look at themselves
  • Options
    Sercombe is a good player
  • Options
    Think people need to cheer up a bit, no way are Gillingham actually beating us to a signing, probably just agent talk to get more interest naming us.
  • Options

Think people need to cheer up a bit, no way are Gillingham actually beating us to a signing, probably just agent talk to get more interest naming us.

He actually said in another interview that I can't find online that we offered him a three year deal on more money but it didn't feel right. (This is made up of course as are most of the rumours and stuff that comes out of the club)
  • Options
    Box to box.
  • Options

Famous last words.
  • Options

He's surplus to requirements at Oxford after a bust up with Appleton. Just a case who's willing to match what Oxford want for him.
  • Options
    They want £150K.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They want £150K.

And we got £150
  • Options
    Bury doing some cracking business early doors
  • Options
    Yes we were. Another that has got away.
  • Options

They want £150K.

Katie will tell them it's £500k take it or leave it
  • Options

will become a familiar theme this summer

Dont worry we're looking to get other targets over the line first...

Then come midnight on the 31st August there will be a video of a frustrated Karl Robinson as he explains that clubs are demanding joke prices because we're Charlton and that those clubs need to take a good look at themselves
    Why would he say that ? that would be a silly .................... oh
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Callum Reilly, decent young player with loads of second tier appearances. Would've been a good signing.

Sercombe has always been decent for League One as well. Don't think he'd make the step up though.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Bury doing some cracking business early doors
    What !!! they cant do that !! I mean, who ever heard of signing players before July when their contracts are officially up ? I've been told it cant be done. Its illegal - someone tell the FA.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

He's surplus to requirements at Oxford after a bust up with Appleton. Just a case who's willing to match what Oxford want for him.
    Smallwall were linked with him last summer but his fee was a lot more than £150 thousand,sounds like he has attitude or something
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finally some actual rumours
  • Options

Callum Reilly, decent young player with loads of second tier appearances. Would've been a good signing.

Sercombe has always been decent for League One as well. Don't think he'd make the step up though.

He won't need to, we're putting together a team for league 2.
  • Options
    Robinson at MKD described us as a 'basket case'.
    The only players we will get is Johnson like mercenaries with jumped up agents, or innocent youngsters or foreigners.
    This is after the inevitable departures too.
  • Options

Wonder if Karl will be annoyed that another one of his transfer targets has been released to the press...
    Choked on my post work beer on the Thames Clipper reading that but it was worth it
  • Options
    Dawson would have been a good signing last season but we've now got JFC, Aribo, and Konsa i'd rather see play there than Dawson now.

Not going to lose any sleep over Lacey. If you read the link he says he might not have been guaranteed first team football at one team which suggests that would be us given we have Pearce, Bauer, Texeiria, Lennon and Konsa.

Sercombe and Maddison would be great additions to the team if they can happen, in the meantime I won't be worrying about players being snapped up by Bury and Gillingham who probably wouldn't get into the team anyway. Beckford is a maybe but still only a maybe, there's probably better options out there.
  • Options

Dawson would have been a good signing last season but we've now got JFC, Aribo, and Konsa i'd rather see play there than Dawson now.

Not going to lose any sleep over Lacey. If you read the link he says he might not have been guaranteed first team football at one team which suggests that would be us given we have Pearce, Bauer, Texeiria, Lennon and Konsa.

Sercombe and Maddison would be great additions to the team if they can happen, in the meantime I won't be worrying about players being snapped up by Bury and Gillingham who probably wouldn't get into the team anyway. Beckford is a maybe but still only a maybe, there's probably better options out there.

Dawson is a better all round player than our 3 that you mentioned.

Dawson dominates games. Our 3 go missing at times.
  • Options
    I know I'm clutching at straws and apologies if someones already suggested this but is it possible that the lack of transfers in, is to do with the takeover going through.

No, okay, just usual charlton then.
  • Options
    This is from the redoubtable Colin.

#$%$.. the valley part of the deal has been agreed now but the club are looking into the investors of the deal
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    dickplumb said:

This is from the redoubtable Colin.

#$%$.. the valley part of the deal has been agreed now but the club are looking into the investors of the deal

Can't be true if Colin says it.

Sure he told us the club wasn't for sale too.