Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Swisdom said:

2 weeks ago Novak was fat, lazy and useless. Definitely not good enough for us. Now he's gone it's like we've sold Neymar.

Last week we hated that the club conducted it's business in public - now it's being done quietly people are moaning.

Nobody has seen Dodoo play so how about we give him a chance before dismissing him. He was incredibly highly rated at Leicester a couple of years ago so let's see how this plays out.

No not in the slightest. We have let Novak leave and whilst he wasn't a world beater he was the only option we had who was a like for like (ish) replacement for Josh.

The new kid offers something different - and that's great - but leaves us short of a striker who suits our system. That's why we're disappointed to lose Novak. Because it leaves us short. As we have been left short every transfer window since these idiots arrived.

I hoped Josh stays fit and Doodo hits the ground running but if we don't get lucky there we really are screwed.

And come January this kids loan ends? We're left trying to find 2 strikers in the Jan window which is famous for good value and getting decent players in. Ohh yeah.

And in the summer? We're left with just Josh who will only have 1 year left on his contract.
  • What is it about league one that Roland loves so much?
  • Swisdom said:

2 weeks ago Novak was fat, lazy and useless. Definitely not good enough for us. Now he's gone it's like we've sold Neymar.

Last week we hated that the club conducted it's business in public - now it's being done quietly people are moaning.

Nobody has seen Dodoo play so how about we give him a chance before dismissing him. He was incredibly highly rated at Leicester a couple of years ago so let's see how this plays out.

Exactly - I doubt whether KR has seen him play

So highly rated that he left a Premiership club to join a scottish club that has been in turmoil for a few years.
  • Di died, Dodi died, the dodo's dead! Dodoo must be shitting himself!!!
  • Swisdom said:

I expect Clarke, KAG or Reeco to lead the line on Saturday.

Do you think that's good enough to get us promoted? Genuinely.
  • What is it about league one that Roland loves so much?

Rochdale away
  • Fanni and Dodoo in the space of 2 years, can't wait to sign Steve Clungeberger from Belgian 5th division in Jan
  • Sponsored links:

• No loan move for Phillips either
  • edited August 2017
    I think we have a team that can win promotion, no question.
    But with serious injuries to key players? Not so sure.
    But there's another window in January.

And yes, let's judge Dodoo after we've seen him in action.
  • I did say it would be a signing that we had not heard of this window, and I believe we should look at the players that Robbo has signed so far and cut him some slack and consider for just a moment that he might know what he is doing.

Having said that, I would have kept Novak, but pehaps this was not possible.

Anyway, is it is what is is and we go again Saturday. COYR!
  • Di died, Dodi died, the dodo's dead! Dodoo must be shitting himself!!!

Certainly sounds a bit like it.
  • edited August 2017

Swisdom said:

If I am honest. No

Hoping something else up our sleeve...loan window or Dodoo turns out to be some kind of Wunderkind

But I don't see we are a great deal weaker than 2 hours ago
  • Welcome to Joe and I seriously hope he does well but a 3 month loan after selling/releasing all but one senior striker is embarrassing to say the least
  • What loan window ?
  • Maybe there's another striker coming in on loan from a Premiership club?
  • Sponsored links:

• I do like how Roland gives his young CEOs the opportunity to rise to the level of their incompetence - Katrien has just rewarded him by finding an even higher level. 6 strikers out and 1 unproven replacement (with the most amusing name since Anil Koc) really is quite stunning.
  • Would be interested to know what we spent on transfers and got back in, and how much we've saved on wages. Not that that's a bad thing as we definitely have a better first 11 but makes you wonder why they couldn't have pushed the boat out a bit for a couple of proven quality strikers at this level.
  • Swisdom said:

Of those Reeco is the only one who won't be played out of position. And he's only got a couple of cup appearances to his name. Reports were that he struggled a bit mid week.

This new kid sounds similar to KAG in that he isn't a lone striker and ive read he has played most of his games our wide. He sounds much more like an inside forward (one of the 3) in our set up not the 9 to lead the line.

Get your apologists hat off for one second. Do you really think this leaves us with enough depth up front?

• With Phillips not going out on loan it really is time for him to step up and fight to be our number 1.
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

If I am honest. No

Hoping something else up our sleeve...loan window or Dodoo turns out to be some kind of Wunderkind

There is no loan window. No incomings until January now unless they're a free agent.
  • This signing feels like such a return to the weirdness of recent years.
    Desperation, after selling an experienced striker to a rival. Clueless!!!!
  • ross1 said:

Sky:

22:36
    IRONS SIGN NOVAK

Scunthorpe United have completed the signing striker Lee Novak on a free transfer.

Why is Katrien incapable of getting fees for players?
    Because he was on about 8/9 grand a week.
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

If I am honest. No

When we also weren't strong enough for promotion.