Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I just hope all our fans in foreign climes don't start posting during the night, if they do we'll be past the magic number before we wake up.

Wouldn't do that to you, mate...
  • Options
    The sun never sets on Charlton despair ...
  • Options
    67 to go
  • Options
    130pm Sydney .... no local takeover news to report.
  • Options
    Looks like today is the day.

The day when the takeover eventually happens this thread reaches the milestone of 1000 pages. :joy:
  • Options
    Getting ready for the next 1,000.
  • Options
    1000 come 12.00 today
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    seth plum said:

Why have a pre season in Portugal with no actual players?

And one of the ones we do have will have to keep popping back to London to sign on at the Spanish Embassy.

If I was Roland and I wanted £50M, I would take the £25M as a deposit, then charge £1M a month for 36 months and the Valley and SL would be theirs.
    Can you sell a stadium and training ground on HP?

Everyones a winner!

Can't the Aussies just go to that firm that does the season ticket finance? V12 is it? And get an interest free loan to pay Roland? (There might be a small admin fee of course.)
    PaddyP17 said:

I would like to observe that it's slightly worrying that a significant proportion of our user base hasn't worked out that pages all have exactly 30 posts, and long posts don't help the page count in that way.

Whether it's a simple WIOTOS or a Grapevine extravaganza, they all count the same toward the page count.

#NoOneElseHasAnythingConstructiveToAddAnywaySoIThoughtIWouldSayThis

Hangs head in shame - you mean posting up giant pictures of Barbie dolls was a complete waste of time? And I should have done this as three posts not one? Feeling stupid.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Three
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options

My question about the leasing the training ground rumour is who is going to invest the required £8m to £10m to bring it up to standard?

A tennant who doesn't own it?

A landlord who doesn't use it and who pulled the plug on it years ago?

The Valley would need maintenance but not to the same extent as Sparrows Lane, which needs major construction.

Their OS says they’ll invest heavily in the training facilities. Would be strange to do if they didn’t own it.
    A critical component of AFC’s strategy will be to invest heavily into the training facility so that the club can attract and develop local talent and provide them with the opportunity to represent their club at a senior level.
  • Options

My question about the leasing the training ground rumour is who is going to invest the required £8m to £10m to bring it up to standard?

The Valley would need maintenance but not to the same extent as Sparrows Lane, which needs major construction.

The Aussies could employ Karren Brady to broker a deal.
  • Options

Getting ready for the next 1,000.

Roly has misunderstood what 'Target 10,000' was all about, that's all...
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Their OS says they’ll invest heavily in the training facilities. Would be strange to do if they didn’t own it.
    A critical component of AFC’s strategy will be to invest heavily into the training facility so that the club can attract and develop local talent and provide them with the opportunity to represent their club at a senior level.
    Exactly. Neither side is likely to make a heavy capital investment so the players remain eating in a portacabin
  • Options
    And we dont get cat A status so we keep losing young players to other clubs.
  • Options
    29.9k comments
  • Options
    3.2m views
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    997 pages
  • Options
    Nothing to add. Just doing my bit in the quest for the magic thousand ...
  • Options
    Amazing how the pace has kept up even though the rows haven't.
  • Options
    Big news on page 1000.

FACT
  • Options

Some people are on the pitch .....

Unlikely given the current size of our squad.
  • Options

I refuse to make a pointless post just to add to the numbers.

A principled stand. Good for you.
  • Options
    After visiting this thread longing for some positive news what feels like half a million times since it started, it feels appropriate that I should make my first comment on it now so as to join in the push for 1000 pages. So here goes....

I know nothing.
  • Options
    998?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!