Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

For anyone who doesn’t want to read the first 994 pages i’ll sum it up below...

Roland still wants out
    Aussies don’t have the dough
    Doucher is Colin
    James Seed supports Millwall
    A lot of us like Pot Noodles
    NLA doesn’t know certain long words
    I vaguely recall a section on some sort of kettle
    We’re all really good at fish puns
    Blackpool still wants him to sell up and fuck off
    Most of us would like him to take Murray with him
    Nappa’s shit at maths
    Scarfy made a brief appearance
    Mark Curry from Blue Peter showed up once and hasn’t been seen again
    We’re not moving to the peninsular... yet
    And in the words of Henry - let’s all WIOTOS!

and apparently it aint Red Bull
  • Options

Been told something major is going to happen tomorrow......matters coming to a head evidently.
    Not sure what it all means to be honest and I’m not sure I want to.......may find sleeping tonight a little difficult in nervous anticipation......could go either way I’m told.

Going to be warm tonight as well, get the lightweight quilt out mate and open all the windows. :wink:

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for a satisfactory outcome tomorrow COYRs.
  • Options

Been told something major is going to happen tomorrow......matters coming to a head evidently.
    Not sure what it all means to be honest and I’m not sure I want to.......may find sleeping tonight a little difficult in nervous anticipation......could go either way I’m told.

On such things are reputations made or destroyed.
  • Options

No more posts re other forums / individuals please

Would that include the one I was going to post on Sticky Vicky from www.benidormpingpong.com?

• Options
    Addickted said:

No more posts re other forums / individuals please

Would that include the one I was going to post on Sticky Vicky from www.benidormpingpong.com?

I saw that show a couple of weeks ago - it’s her daughter carrying on the act now (some conversation that must have been) - most bizarre thing i’ve Seen...
  • Options
    Four!!!
  • Options
    Calm before the storm
  • Options

Calm before the storm

How are you defining calm there, oohaah?
  • Options

Just remember #TeamWIOTOS
    (However it's still exciting)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018

Colin just got banned from ITTV. We must be close.

What sort of person would ban Colin from a site.... my emoji didn’t work
  • Options

Sounds like you're talking about my pimple, @SoundAsa£ ....
    Yuk!
  • Options
    They're waiting for page 1k, I told you. Looks like that is happening tomorrow.

All this ITK bollocks. It's the millenial takeover thread.
  • Options
    Top rant @Redmidland
  • Options

On such things are reputations made or destroyed.
    Forget I said it!
  • Options
    Posted that twice just to be sure you got the message.....LOL.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

RedChaser said:

were is james seed when you need him

Having a time out but he's taking PMs I think.
    Needs to man up!!! Where would this thread be if I'd decided I couldn't take the abuse??? More to the point - what would the likes of bum fluff do with their time if I'd had a hissy fit and gone all private months ago. NLA and a few others have told a few home truths and suddenly there's an acceptance that the British lot may not just be a figment of RD's imagination!!!! I still fancy it will be done before the start of the season.
    Personally I still doubt the existence of the British consortium until we see names and/or faces much in the way if The Aussies have the money to stump it up.
    Thing is, we only know about the Ozzies coz of all the info they have obviously been distributing - maybe the British consortium have played it a bit more by the book and now it's put up or shut

This 'supposed' takeover is causing more splits than a lorry load of divorce lawyers!! People falling out on here, and on two other forums - @JamesSeed was being called out on one, and now Bexleyboy has left another forum, caused by I know more than you syndrome!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, RD must be dancing in the streets of Belgium with all the arguments and disagreements he has caused. Our fan base used to be united, we fought 'together' to get back to The Valley, we have always fought for CAFC - The club!! RD is like a dose of the 'plague' actually syphilis, and its affecting more and more people, - name calling, snide remarks, my 'willy' is bigger than yours syndrome. If and when this takeover finally happens, what is the club going to be left with? A fractured fan base, a forever reducing fan base, no SMT to speak of, players out - none in. If whoever and whichever consortia may be reading this or any other forum I make just one plea " Stop pussyfooting about - come and buy us and be the new owners, before CAFC and all who believe and love it rip it (and ourselves) apart!!
    We are in a serious situation, the club is, whatever your views, at a crunch time.....the fact that this thread may reach 1000 comments, maybe some peoples idea of fun.....for me its the need to sort this shit out and sort it out now, before all we have left is a thread of 1000 comments and no fucking club!!

Colin has left the other forum...? Interesting... do you think we should re-sign him? I just think our ITK team needs a bit of strengthening...

Let’s be honest, AB’s best days are behind him, James Seed has already put in a transfer request, Red Henry has one good game in 10, NLA is just not versatile enough and Doucher doesn’t know his best position!

Let’s bring back Colin!!
    up front or pulling the strings - on here i do both
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Scoham said:

Spaceman came down to answer some things
    Charlton Life gathered round from paupers to kings
    "I'll answer your questions, I'll answer them true,
    I'll show you the way, you'll know what to do"

Who is wrong and who is right?
    Yellow, brown, black or white?

Spaceman, he answered, "You'll no longer mind
    I've opened your eyes, you're now colour-blind"

The spaceman looked human, but with black shiny eyes
    He spoke brilliant English, his voice synthesised
    Travelled the web just spreading the word
    Of love and takeovers, he picked up a bird
    The bird it was dead, but he made it just fine
    He walked on the water, and turned it to wine
    A young poster he said, "Are you Muir in a mask?"
    No I'm just ITK but I can see why you'd ask

[x4]
    Spaceman came down (Spaceman)

Am I the only one who is trying to read/sing along to this with the Chris de- burgh tune in me head...???

• Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just hope all our fans in foreign climes don't start posting during the night, if they do we'll be past the magic number before we wake up.
  • Options
    If I was Roland and I wanted £50M, I would take the £25M as a deposit, then charge £1M a month for 36 months and the Valley and SL would be theirs.
    Can you sell a stadium and training ground on HP?

Everyones a winner!
  • Options

I just hope all our fans in foreign climes don't start posting during the night, if they do we'll be past the magic number before we wake up.

It’ll be like Christmas morning.
  • Options
    It’s not happening simple
  • Options
    SISS.
  • Options
    One way or another it will all be over come Friday.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

I'd love AFKA to ban Henners when it's on 999 :-)

No need for that.

Just close the thread and open a new one on 999
    Fairly sure an old transfer rumours thread got closed, and then reopened as a new one due to overload on the CL servers.

Would completely understand if they closed this one on 999.
  • Options

One way or another it the group stage of the World Cup will all be over come Friday.

• Options

It would be ironic if it was an Australian fan who did that...
  • Options

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

@Airman Brown I've read your latest VOTV article and it's given me some hope if I've understood it correctly. Can you reassure me please?

- it only needs one ex director to refuse the debt to be cleared by RD and he can't lease out the Valley

- the ex-directors can refuse to have the debt paid (this bit I don't get)

Thank you

As I understand it the ex directors cannot refuse FULL repayment of their loans and that RD had tried to cut a deal or he was not prepared to satisfy the repayment terms as per the debentures. Therefore a lease on the Valley cannot be granted without ALL the debenture holders agreement.
    Thank you @RedChaser

So if Roland did pay out according to the repayment terms he could lease the Valley?

What's a debenture?
    Yes that's it, clear all the debt secured by the ex directors debentures and the Valley becomes unencumbered (free of charges).

Mortgage Debentures per se are Legal charges usually sought by banks from Limited Companies who have lending facilities which are regarded as security attaching all assets of the company both fixed (including specific charges over land) and floating over all current assets i.e. the debtor book.

Without seeing the actual terms of the debentures entered into it is difficulty to comment further but it would appear four directors were happy to give priority (sign a deed to this effect) and three weren't because full repayment has not been offered.
    Thank you @RedChaser

This confirms my fear that he'll pay them all off and try to lease the Valley.

It also reminds me why I don't work in finance. Chickens are so much easier to understand.
    RD doesn't even need to pay the lot of them off to lease The Valley and Sparrows Lane.

My understanding based on Airman Brown answering my questions a few pages ago is that if we have the scenario of 3 ex directors refusing to take a haircut on there loans RD could potentially pay the 3 off in full leaving us with 4 ex directors all happy for RD to lease The Valley and Sparrows Lane. RD wouldn't even need to pay off the 4 remaining ex directors to then be able to strike a deal with The Aussies.

This for me should it happen is the worst possible outcome of this takeover.
    I don't know if anyone knows the terms but the charges are listed individually rather than as a group.
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

@Airman Brown I've read your latest VOTV article and it's given me some hope if I've understood it correctly. Can you reassure me please?

- it only needs one ex director to refuse the debt to be cleared by RD and he can't lease out the Valley

- the ex-directors can refuse to have the debt paid (this bit I don't get)

Thank you

As I understand it the ex directors cannot refuse FULL repayment of their loans and that RD had tried to cut a deal or he was not prepared to satisfy the repayment terms as per the debentures. Therefore a lease on the Valley cannot be granted without ALL the debenture holders agreement.
    Thank you @RedChaser

So if Roland did pay out according to the repayment terms he could lease the Valley?

What's a debenture?
    Yes that's it, clear all the debt secured by the ex directors debentures and the Valley becomes unencumbered (free of charges).

Mortgage Debentures per se are Legal charges usually sought by banks from Limited Companies who have lending facilities which are regarded as security attaching all assets of the company both fixed (including specific charges over land) and floating over all current assets i.e. the debtor book.

Without seeing the actual terms of the debentures entered into it is difficulty to comment further but it would appear four directors were happy to give priority (sign a deed to this effect) and three weren't because full repayment has not been offered.
    Thank you @RedChaser

This confirms my fear that he'll pay them all off and try to lease the Valley.

It also reminds me why I don't work in finance. Chickens are so much easier to understand.
    RD doesn't even need to pay the lot of them off to lease The Valley and Sparrows Lane.

My understanding based on Airman Brown answering my questions a few pages ago is that if we have the scenario of 3 ex directors refusing to take a haircut on there loans RD could potentially pay the 3 off in full leaving us with 4 ex directors all happy for RD to lease The Valley and Sparrows Lane. RD wouldn't even need to pay off the 4 remaining ex directors to then be able to strike a deal with The Aussies.

This for me should it happen is the worst possible outcome of this takeover.
    I don't know if anyone knows the terms but the charges are listed individually rather than as a group.
    It does beg the question though with the relatively small sum to be cleared from the those directors who are holding out for full repayment why RD doesn't bite the bullet. Still the bloke is so unpredictable, never wrong and doesn't do failure it should be no surprise to us unless the devil is the detail for him.
    Maybe because he sold Lennon and Konsa for cash discounts he might think he's on a roll and arrogant enough to think that the ex-directors will accept cash discounts too.
    From what I understand the three in question have had this position for over a year and are not going to budge, however if they are paid in full and the other four ex Directors take discounts thereafter and or allow Leases then he can do what he likes.
    I think it's unlikely the other 4 are going to agree to take a discounted repayment or delayed repayment of the loans once 3 have been paid in full.

If I was them I'd be saying 'you've paid them off in full - You can do the same for me'.

Suspect it's all or nothing for rolly.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!