Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Any more news on this?

600 posts since I last checked.

• Options
    BDL said:

@Swisdom You and I both know that they bought the club with no idea of the culture of English football and the unique history of our club. They failed to listen to the people who could have helped them make a success of the club.

If KM had spoken to the right people prior to her delivering her speeches in Dublin and in London she would have understood the hurt that these statements would cause to the core base of the club she runs.

I, for one, do not believe that she is inept. I just believe that she was naive, Ill advised and was let down badly by her employer, the long absent Uncle Roland holed up in his secret lair near St Truiden.

It’s why I often refer to him as Goldfinger and her as Pussy Galore.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Any more news on this?

nope.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Any more news on this?

No, don't waste your time
  • Options
    She is inept as she continued to alienate the fans and make disastrous decisions effecting the club eg managers/ coaches. It’s no good saying it’s Roland decision, she is the CEO and if she had no influence or control why is she CEO.
  • Options

Message to Richard Murray. We will never, ever, forget how you sat on your hands and publicly backed the regime whilst Roland and his lackie systematically destroyed our club these past 4 years. You let the club, the fans and yourself down by these actions. You need to walk away NOW.

Consider this. Your only supporters are Katrien and those on that "world is flat" third rate fan forum.

I reckon if you are happy to stump up his £2m +, he'll fuck off now.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Message to Richard Murray. We will never, ever, forget how you sat on your hands and publicly backed the regime whilst Roland and his lackie systematically destroyed our club these past 4 years. You let the club, the fans and yourself down by these actions. You need to walk away NOW.

Consider this. Your only supporters are Katrien and those on that "world is flat" third rate fan forum.

Whilst I agree with the majority of this, I feel that Richard is the only person on the ‘board’ that could have Charlton best interest at heart- so while he let the club and fans down as you say , by sitting on his hand ... he certainly has the ability to claw back some dignity and respect by helping get the club out of Duchatelets hands!

I’m sure we would see Murray in someone of a more positive light if he does so!
  • Options
    Plus we will no doubt hear some sob stories from him about why he didn't/wouldn't/couldn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:
    If only that takeover had taken place our recent history could have been so so different
    Or AEG had the asking price not changed at the eleventh hour.
    AEG ? Hadn't heard of that one
    Yeah was in VOTV a few months back, AEG were about to buy us, but at the eleventh hour they got gazumped and walked away.
    What is it with us and electrical manufacturers?
  • Options
    Murray was in the perfect position to ensure the chaotic relationship between fans and owners didn't occur. Unfortunately his previous experience clouded his judgement and he supported the regime.
  • Options
    He had quite a number of valid reasons for supporting them.....around three million as a matter of fact!
  • Options
    He has been on the outside for years
  • Options
    I think the problem with both KM and Rolly is that they surround themselves with sycophantic yes men/women.

IMHO you only need to look at the people that support them to see that generally they are weak individuals. Internally well above their natural pay station, externally trying to benefit in someway from their actions be it monetary or perceived status.
  • Options
    I think it's more his ego.
  • Options
    Growing impatient
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDL said:

@Swisdom You and I both know that they bought the club with no idea of the culture of English football and the unique history of our club. They failed to listen to the people who could have helped them make a success of the club.

If KM had spoken to the right people prior to her delivering her speeches in Dublin and in London she would have understood the hurt that these statements would cause to the core base of the club she runs.

I, for one, do not believe that she is inept. I just believe that she was naive, Ill advised and was let down badly by her employer, the long absent Uncle Roland holed up in his secret lair near St Truiden.

I agree completely. And i've already said that the new owners, should there be one, would do well to listen to some of the fan base before making sweeping alterations i e replacing Karl Robinson and the coaching team. That one of the better things about the current state of the club
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Growing impatient

I have just sold a business for a lot less than RD wants for Charlton and the due diligence took three months.
  • Options

Dizzle said:

Growing impatient

I have just sold a business for a lot less than RD wants for Charlton and the due diligence took three months.
    Oh joy.
  • Options
    Just like to add to the above accolades. Absolutely nailed it Grapevine.
  • Options

Dizzle said:

Growing impatient

Was it a paper round?
  • Options

Dizzle said:

Growing impatient

Oh joy.
  • Options

Dizzle said:

Growing impatient

Didn't @Airman Brown say the Due Diligence was at an advanced stage? Or that talks have progressed to an advanced stage to allow further Due Diligence"
  • Options
    I absolutely love the idea of new owners and I can not wait for the fresh air around the Valley...however I am sceptical and quite frankly nervous about any new owners. I remember how I felt when I heard that he was buying our club the excitement in me any many others exploded like a volcanic eruption but now with what I know and have experienced feels more like a Mentos in a coke bottle.

I really hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Dizzle said:

Growing impatient

Yeah, but there's "worth" and then there's "complexity". Despite RD's somewhat convoluted set-up, and the ex-directors' charges, I doubt it's very much more difficult than buying a sweetie shop in Grove Park. I'd have thought the only mildly tricky bits were valuation of the assets, both property and staff. The other aspect, of course, is how much/many resources a prospective buyer is throwing at the DD. One bloke and a calculator might take a little while but hoards of professionals from KPMG and Slaughter & May might zip through it rather more quickly. (Other accountancy and legal professionals are available)
  • Options
    Maybe DD has been going on since May?,we first heard about interest last April.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!